2.28 infantry battle

Discussion in 'Game Play' started by -=SIP=-, Oct 13, 2010.

1. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

It was a metaphor for guns that are just in general better then guns that are in general worse.

2. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

You had both dude size and gun size :p

Regardless (although you might be saying something about someone being able to take more shots to the chest before dying), I still stand by "guns is dangerous, yo!"

3. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

seriously, do something about scoped rifles. its not like i get killed by them a lot or that i cannot use them. but they just suck ...

4. Foxy

Foxy I lied, def a Forum Troll

Having reviewed the rifles; I have a few suggestions.

The RoF on the BEHR and the NFAR is too high.

The accuracy loss when firing constantly isn't high enough, firing in bursts should be encouraged.

Iron sights are worse then they have been, but they now pull down and left then just right.

5. MOOtant

MOOtant Member

Burst my ass. We had that and probably every other setting and every sounding good rule taken from CS:S doesn't work here or isn't fun.

But I agree that iron sights are not exactly useful or needed with current values. It's better to duck without IS than stand and IS.

6. Empty

Empty Member

No he means your shots accuracy should fall as you fire, so you can fire full auto, or regulate your fire into bursts YOURSELF.

7. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

Ironsights on NFHR and BEAR are useful. Ironsight on the NFAR is 10% accuracy buff, and if you're capable of compensating for the kick, it's really useful. Ironsight on the BEHR is 5% accuracy buff, but without much of a kick. It only really exists on the BEHR if you're desperately trying to pick someone off at long range.

Also, yes, increment will be increased at some point, I just don't want to overdo it and make the rifles useless. But RoF isn't going to be touched.

8. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

Because the rifleman gets explosive grenades and sticky bombs already, and abilities geared towards blowing shit up.

The scout gets disruption and intelligence gathering skills.

Making scouts into a different kind of rifleman as opposed to fucking useless and stupid is a good idea.

Of course if you want to just drop all of the scouty stuff you could just stick the stuns on the rifleman and call it a day, but I don't see any reason to.

9. FN198

FN198 Member

its the future, nanite enhanced guns can fire as fast as they want.

10. recon

recon SM Support Dev

Who needs nanites? Just put ports in the right places like Glock does.

11. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

scout rofle

Scout rifle has to get fucking WAAAAY more sway when u have full stamina and ur fucking swimming? i mean its way to accurate when ur SWIMMING ....

12. -=SIP=-

-=SIP=- Member

I agree and I have observed some round and it's always the same. Only newbies play scout with scoped rifle. And mostly they are camping somewhere and get only a few kills.
    Or does someone else noticed ever a useful scout with scoped rifle?

13. flasche

here! i was 1st on a lot of maps as sniper scout actually ... i just think, that its overdone. sure a useless rifle makes useless scouts even more useless - but it wasnt impossible to kill people with the underpowered scoped rifle. imo, if this mod really needs a scoped rifle, for whatever reason it would, put it back to the old values ...

i personally wouldnt shed a single tear if the scoped rifle would be gone once and for all ;)

but yes sip, generally your perception is right, most of the snipers are just plain stupid and cant hit shit. they also use hide (for whatever reason ud need that when u sit almost outside draw distance), what a waste of a skill - not that it would matter for them :D

Last edited: Oct 18, 2010
  14. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

the scout rifle uses stamina AND sways with full stamina, pretty retarded, it shouldn't do either.

15. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

Sway is just so fucked up I don't even

16. flasche

learn to aim goddamnit, its piss easy to headshot with the scoped rifle - be it swaying or not ...

17. FN198

FN198 Member

wow stop bitching about rifles.

18. Qwert

Qwert Member

Just saying, but if the unscoped accuracy is similar to 2.24, it's actually more accurate prone unscoped than scoped due to the sway. In fact, it was perfectly accurate unscoped iirc. (I know that it is 100% accurate to the crosshair while scoped, but it is much more efficient to just spam unscoped cause the sway is so huge)

19. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

heres me under the name pabst blue ribbon in a screen shot with my KDR being 77 -16 with the old rifles.. I don't ever use rifles as you guys know, now you buff the shit out of those rifles and you get what? Even more rape. There needs to be like a body armor skill or something that makes rifles not kill so fast. I do like the flow of the infantry battles but as a gren its horrible.. I mean they are basically free .50 cal apc weapons used prone which makes it really hard to even see where your getting shot from.

[​IMG]

20. ViroMan

ViroMan Black Hole (*sniff*) Bully

<sigh> Just remove it so everyone stop bitching about it.
    if people want to snipe they can now use the rifle lazors.