2.25 Infantry Balance

Discussion in 'Coding' started by Beerdude26, Feb 22, 2010.

1. Empty

Empty Member

Maybe he was just better than you.

2. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

Ok... instead of countering my points, I will act like a kid too..

NO HE WASSNT!! IMM DA BESS

3. Empty

Empty Member

Well I mean, he killed you repeatedly and you couldn't beat him.
    We know the scout rifle doesn't win matches, so maybe he just uses it better than you can.

4. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

I never said he killed me with it. I said he had 20 - 0 kdr. The point was no one on my team could counter him.

It's like you guys want a sniper just cause its in every other game while rifleman basically already are snipers but with out the camping part. What do riflemen do? kill people, what are snipers for - killing people but secretly. That's a great tactic in real life but in a game its gay. Your promoting people laying around instead of getting into the action.

5. Empty

Empty Member

Are you reading?
    I've never said once it should be a sniper rifle.

Besides, if you move it to rifleman (as I want to) you can't hide.
    And if digin is removed (as I want to) then you can't have a digin sniper.

6. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

go for it dubee, maybe you can convince someone - i sadly repeatably failed with that.

i whish you best luck :D

7. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

If you put a scope on something people will prone camp with it.. It's as simple as that.

I whish it wasn't tho.

8. Empty

Empty Member

Good for them, the rest of the team can go accomplish things.

You're always going to have failtard snipers/hmgers/jeepers.

9. pickled_heretic

pickled_heretic Member

if you give anything useless to do people will do it. no exceptions. by this rule we should disallow jeeps because they can theoretically be abused. as well as tanks and walls and turrets. especially walls and turrets, because they promote camping. and get rid of HMG because it promotes camping (actually i like this one). Also let's get rid of revive because it's OP and I can't instagib a whole squad of revive engineers.

Since we're on the topic of kdr, i've seen way more kdr rifle whores than scouts. I don't really see what you're saying. both have practically no counters.

my whole point is do you really think it is acceptable to have a completely worthless weapon in this game? do you enjoy that the weapon is literally broken and bugged and nobody cares to fix it because they find the taste of hidden scouts with sniper rifles to be unpalatable? What if someone nerfed the mortar to oblivion (like the scout rifle) but gave it an overpowered RPG (like overpowered sabotage)? would you find that to be enjoyable?

I'll say it again. This shit is bad for the game. It is NOT a good thing when someone new picks up the scout rifle, uses it a few times, and goes "man, this thing SUCKS." this is indicative of bad gameplay, not balanced gameplay. It's going to turn people off of the game when the developers intentionally leave broken shit lying around like that.

10. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

I'm saying that sniper rifles when used efficiently irl or in any other game is for camping and sniping. People will think they are doing the right thing. Your counter is that they will do it to grief/lulz like making wall forts or driving jeeps all round.

Engineers can counter riflemen(mg turret,walls) and grens's with my suggested changes could too. Rite now its just rifles countering rifles but scouts can't counter scouts when they are scattered around invisible on a map like duststorm..

I agree that having a shitty sniper in the game is bad, but i think its better to remove it than buff.

11. MOOtant

MOOtant Member

Making scout rifle useless was some weird workaround and no one had idea how to correct it.

12. pickled_heretic

pickled_heretic Member

People have been saying that the scout rifle is going to be removed since I've been playing. I discovered the exploits that are common today, made it useful again for a while, and got bored of it all over again. AND THE SCOUT RIFLE IS STILL THERE.

Let's just accept that everyone is too lazy to replace it, make it useful again (by fixing bugs AND buffing it), and then those doubters can still hold on to the fragile belief that one day the scout rifle will be replaced.

13. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

the plans i am drawing out to be presented to the scripters group do not include a scout rifle pickled

sorry to burst your bubble

it does however include a semi automatic scoped rifle for support fire (basically, the 50cal counterpart for be, but different)

14. OuNin

OuNin Member

skill slot prereq with 2.12 capabilities will set the scout rifle free \m/

15. pickled_heretic

pickled_heretic Member

rofl, okay. the more power we give blizzerd, the faster he can break the game and we can get back to normal empires.

Listen. We're not getting any new weapons. No modellers = no weapons. We have to make do with what we have, which is a model for a sniper rifle.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2010
  16. flasche

sigh so true, both of these statements ...

17. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

1 we have a modeler

2 i dont mind having a model with a scope on that you cannot really use as it is currently being used (no perfect accuracy)

18. -Mayama-

-Mayama- MANLY MAN BITCH

what use does a scope have if it isnt perfect accurate?

19. flasche

it makes ppl believe they are "awesum snipaaah" and camp? :p

20. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

it would be used as ironsight is used, WITHOUT perfect accuracy

see the thing is atm the sniper rifle has hardcoded perfect (and i mean PERFECT) accuracy in scope mode

you cannot change this, but if we made the scoped vieuw just another iron sight, then we could add "near" perfect accuracy, perhaps even just normal iron sight view and stuff

i dont want to be disrespectful but for eveyone complaining about what i say here, try out tampering with the scout rifle and turn it into something you would possibly use but is not a sniper

do it, its a challenge