2.25 Infantry Balance

Discussion in 'Coding' started by Beerdude26, Feb 22, 2010.

1. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

if you got two you could span a line in between and dry your cloth after you went swimming on mvalley, you could scratch you back or if you chop enough wood you could try lighting a fire with the scope on those winter maps?!

no but seriously, making it shitty doesnt solve any issue (and the real issue is the implication a scoped weapon have), you could just leave it as its now ...

2. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

i really dont understand why you have to make fun of everything i say

like really

everything... not just about scripts

do you inherently dislike me? or is it just a discrediting campaign to get me to resign from the script team or something like that

3. flasche

wut? nah i just think that the scout rifle is no use to the mod by design, unless you somehow manage to provide lots of cover, which is impossible due to the need for open space for building, whatever weapon you create with a scope will only lead to useless players.
    its just you defending this abomination for whatever reason ...

but well, i shall wait till someone else posts and not reply to your posts anymore ... happy?

Last edited: Mar 29, 2010
  4. Omneh

Omneh Member

By that line of reasoning, the NFHR and the carbine are also useless to the mod, right...? :rolleyes:

Thats what has been suggested, not an instagib camp rifle, a weapon that is essentially a scoped NFHR in function.

5. -=SIP=-

-=SIP=- Member

Good example Dubee.

A scoped rifle will only cause more useless camping snipers who wants to get some kills. They won't care about teamplay. Is this really the direction you want to push this game?

Again:
    Remove scout rifle and give scout a buffed pistol (25% - 50% more damage).

6. flasche

no omneh it wouldnt because a weapon without a scope doesnt have the same implications as a weapon with scope. thats the sole point of my post above. its not about the distance its usable, its solely about the idea of being a "zomgsnipaaaah".
    if you carefully read my post again, you would see this exact reasoning just expressed a little bit different. actually you can read a good 80% of my post concerning this topic and will find a similar reasoning behind it. another good argument i bring up from time to time is that, except for hide, all scout abilities work best in close range combat anyway (and this is different from the rifleman too)

:D

7. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

Riflemen run around looking for prey and anyone with a scope is gonna sit and wait for it to come to them. It's a simple theory and its all been discussed before with MANY reasons why this game should not have a sniper rifle.. It's the fucking reason it was nerfed so badly.. Seriously whats that old saying if you don't know your history you are doomed to repeat it?

That's whats gonna happen. Just remove it now instead of later.

8. pickled_heretic

pickled_heretic Member

you're a supporter of the HMG. Tell me something. What is more obnoxious, a scout with 20 kills and 0 deaths or a HMG faggot with 50 kills and 5 deaths?

...and as a severance package for removing the scout rifle, you're going to buff the PISTOL? ROFL.

walls. engineer > scout every time. the engineer can always dictate the circumstances of the encounter, something no other class can do. if anything, I would make the scout rifle awesome just so engineers had something to actually worry about.

and despite the fact that when I do have the inkling to scout, that's not the way I play them, but even so, even if someone did camp, that can very frequently be an extremely effective strategy at delaying or stopping an infantry advancement.

I don't give a shit about your history lesson. It was nerfed so badly because one of the devs QQ'd about being killed with it a few times. Who cares, get over yourselves. We all die all the time, it's a fucking game. Don't like scouts? Get a god damn tank and run him over, or better yet, switch to rifleman and you are basically immune to bullets anyway and you'll get twice as many kills on the other classes.

9. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

haha really? 1 dev was QQ'd so it was nerfed? haha whos that dev? You're making up shit, it was nerfed because the majority of the community and everyone with common sense realized that this game shouldn't have snipers. It's obvious that you can't sabotage shit or work with a squad when your camping a half mile away from enemies. Hence the shotty would come into play and he would be more of a close range infiltrator type class.

HMG's are completley different. That's a horrible comparison seeing as one can be invisible, has a scope and a lot more range. HMG's are like big hit me signs when shooting. The good point you make is that as an HMG you can be more effective and kill infantry. It's not that the scout has such a great KDR it's that all he has done is got a kill here and there when he can be doing it so much better and within a squad.

Promoting camping is a problem and that's all a gun with a scope does.

10. pickled_heretic

pickled_heretic Member

It was beerdude, right? That's the story. Either way, there's hardly a consensus within the community on this topic. If anything, more people are in favor of making the scout rifle (and the scout class) worth using again.

11. LordDz

LordDz Capitan Rainbow Flowers

add me to the list then of people not liking being sniped by invinsible untargetable scouts, so no it's not just "go take a tank or go rofflewhore", because when you're out in the middle of a map, the closest barrack usually is.. quite far away.

12. pickled_heretic

pickled_heretic Member

As I said, if you get into a real game and try to take a measure of how many people want it to be fixed compared to how many people find it completely acceptable that it's a broken noob trap that just angers people, you'll probably be shocked.

Complaining about the scout being useless? it is YOUR fault, not the people who are trying to play as a scout anyway and making it work. The person isn't worthless, it's the class, and by direct association the equipment the class has.

13. LordDz

LordDz Capitan Rainbow Flowers

I want the scout to be changed, not being "fixed" by making him into a even more pain in the ass class to fight against.
    Perhaps we should just make a poll instead of having you telling us how we want it or not?

14. pickled_heretic

pickled_heretic Member

So you're going to replace instant-kill hidden sniper scouts with instant-kill hidden shotgun scouts that are also in sabotage range?

15. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

We've had like 50 threads on this topic with the same outcome. Idiots in favor of an AWP in emp and the vets and people who have played and still play this game for years saying it should be removed.

The cons of having a sniper rifle in game far out weigh the pros. I think simply removing the rifle will force him to do useful things.

16. pickled_heretic

pickled_heretic Member

Right. Nerfing a class is going to cause it to be more useful.

I'm glad the "vets and people who have played and still play this game for years saying it should be removed" aren't in charge of anything important. Anyway, an "AWP/AWM"
    clone would kill in 1 shot basically anywhere. What we're looking for is a "scout" clone, which kills in 1 headshot or 2 bodyshots.

17. flasche

why nerfing? scout in close quater combat works quite well i dont see your problem ...

idk, at some point there was a very broad agreement that the scout should be a frontline support class, an agile fighter.
    i might be wrong, but i think even you pickled agreed ...

what happend to that?

wasnt it why he should get a shotty at some point?
    wasnt that the reason why the scout rifle sucks atm?

so why not finally do it? i dont get it ...

18. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

Yeah cause him running around with his squad stunning tanks, sabbing buildings, disabling turrets and killing people is nerfing compared to him laying near his spawn for 20 mins while his team loses.

19. OuNin

OuNin Member

20. flasche

i dont care, thats not the point - i just was repeating what seemed to be more or less decided.
    but even the suggestions you sometimes make that would concern the scout would indicate that your perception of this class seems to be more of a special ops guy that is at the front (for example that intelligence thing - i doubt a scoped rifle will be very helpful with that ...)

just be consequent ...