★UNITED STATES PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION 2016★

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Candles, Jun 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. A-z-K

A-z-K Member

Well sure, I guess it isn't. What about the MRI? I am saying that the pervasiveness of malpractice lawsuits in some places might encourage a doctor to carry out unnecessary work to cover their ass, which in turn leads to higher costs (arguably as well as higher quality of care).

Last edited: Jun 17, 2015
  2. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

Not an evil Z1000m, a necessary sacrifice.

3. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

Oh come on dont yank me by the words, the sense of the statement remains.

4. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

Yeah I know you live in NYC, but maybe they're mixing it up then. I've never heard the view that NYC is particularly dangerous. Maybe some parts are a little more run down but when you think of "dangerous" US cities, you think of Detroit straight away. Maybe because of The Wire, Baltimore might come up there a bit, but that's probably just because of the TV show.

5. Deiform

Deiform Member

Well WikiTravel always has a section on all American cities that state, "You probably shouldn't go past this junction," because I doubt people really want to walk blindly into the inner city. Cleveland is supposed to be quite dangerous too, but if you don't stray outside of downtown you wouldn't notice.

In England there's only London where that holds true too, but I think the main scary factor to everyone is that guns are not controlled in the US. Compared to Europe, the US is still the wild west.

6. Space_Oddity

Space_Oddity The Shitstorm

Considering the President's job can usually be boiled down to do what Congress says there's too much emphasis on this election rather than senators and governors.

[​IMG]

I know it's more complex than that.

7. McGyver

McGyver Experimental Pedagogue

The funny thing is how these elections are going to be another Bush vs Clinton show. This is like in a monarchy where a few influential families fight for the crown than what you would expect from a modern democracy.

8. vipervicki

vipervicki Member

I just read Bernie Sanders % is close to Hilary in 2 polls

9. vipervicki

vipervicki Member

Not as of the last 7 years, this President has bypassed congress and used his veto and executive action/order more times that I care to think about.

10. Señor_Awesome

Señor_Awesome Member

Executive orders aren't that uncommon for any president...

It's actually quite surprising how few executive orders he's given, considering that he was dealing with what the media likes to refer to as the most unproductive congress in history.

11. vipervicki

vipervicki Member

the congress was not unproductive Harry Reid blocked over 300 bills, they passed in the House most of them with bipartisan support and died with inaction in the Senate he didn't bring these bills up for a vote in the Senate.

12. Metruption

Metruption Member

honestly I think Rand Paul seems pretty cool and if the republicans actually nominate him (not gonna happen) then he'll like 80% win

13. Deiform

Deiform Member

I'm just gonna draw up some points on Rand Paul's past behaviour and why I think it is ridiculous to support someone like him:
    • Voted against Employer Non-Discrimination Act repeatedly (so employers could not employ someone based on sexual orientation, race, gender, etc)
    • Anti-abortion
    • Anti-gun control
    • Says vaccines should be voluntary
    Some reasonable viewpoints:
    • Anti-same-sex marriage, but wants to move the tax code from marriage so that marriage can be turned into 'contracts'
    • Pro tax breaks for renewable energy companies
    • Anti-Patriot act
    I mean, if he's the best you've got then sure. But surely there's someone better?

14. Fricken Hamster

Fricken Hamster Mr. Super Serious

Employer Non-Discrimination Act is bullshit that employers can easily get around because they don't have to give a reason for not employing anyone. The act just allows more people to team up with sleazy lawyers to take big companies to court for settlements like people do with wrongful termination.

Same sex marriage isn't a real political issue. Its used to bait people like you into politics because its an easy issue to decide one that will never be definitely decided by any office you can vote for, while politicians come as a package with their stance on issues that matter.

The problem with you and why you don't like Rand Paul is because he is a libertarian and you are a statist. It isn't right for you if anyone can decide what they want to do, No, they have to conform to what you think is right.

15. ImSpartacus

ImSpartacus nerf spec plz

I'd almost live to see someone like rand Paul get into office just to see if they can actually even attempt some of the crazy shit that they claim.

Should the tax code get simplified? Sure it should. But will it? Lelnope. There are way too many businesses that rely on a complicated tax code. They would lobby to keep it complicated.

16. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

Truth.

Whoops nevermind, thought you were a reasonable human being but then you start freaking out with those don't tread on me strawmans. Nice roads faggot.

17. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

Hows that even a thing?
    "Hey mr potential employer, Im jack and i really like it in the butt."?
    No honestly do they actually ask that shit during interviews over in the usa?

18. ImSpartacus

ImSpartacus nerf spec plz

I don't believe that it's legal to ask that kind of thing.

19. Candles

Candles CAPTAIN CANDLES, DUN DUN DUN, DUN DUN DUN DUN.

It's fine for States to trample all over the rights of the people, but it's wrong for the federal government to protect people from having their rights trampled upon. That's the problem I have with States' Rights advocates.

20. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

Some people have it written on their face, tho. Like you.
    But yeah, it's really stupid as an employer can just come up with a random legal reason to NOT employ someone, for being Spartacus.

We have this law says the employer can't hire someone based on their gender, which is really equally stupid.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.