Empires 2.6.2 Released

Discussion in 'News' started by ImSpartacus, Feb 12, 2015.

1. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

Excuse me, but where are you?
    http://www.vipergameservers.com/hlstats/hlstats.php?mode=weaponinfo&weapon=nf_smg1&game=empires
    http://www.vipergameservers.com/hlstats/hlstats.php?mode=weaponinfo&weapon=imp_smg1&game=empires

Are you trying to make Empires "your game"?

2. ImSpartacus

ImSpartacus nerf spec plz

No, he's trying to make it my game. I'm basically the only human being that matters.

Top of the heap, bitches. Y'all fgts can't even my nf smg1. Ya can't even.

I need to hold a seminar on smg1 so you fgts don't get rekt so much. So bad. So bad.

Lol, but seriously though, I'm a little surprised that I'm at the top of that list. It's sorta cool, lol.

3. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

It's called "you played a lot". :cool:

4. ImSpartacus

No, no, I'm quite certain that you just need 2 git gud. That's definitely it.

5. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

This is considered 'old' now?
    He meant before the shotgun got into the game.
    'Its not me, its the players fault!'
    yea, this needed fixing

Last edited: Feb 17, 2015
  6. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

yeah i was going to ask, what is you guys issue with smg1, i didnt really get what you are on about when i played yesterday?!

7. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

My issue was so last-patch you guys, I'm sure that now it's just so. Cool, like ohmy God seriously you guys, get on with the times!

8. Empty

Empty Member

If I can do successfully with SMG1 anyone can, I have a 0.3~ second delay on my infantry combat. I really have no sympathy for you if you can't learn it, if you don't like it that's another thing entirely, but it's hardly a huge ask for you to simply not hold down M1 and expect to win.

#32 on BE

try actually looking at the stats before you talk shit
    I'm also number one on BE Combat Rifle but ykno that doesn't count fer anything
    #22 with BEHR and above 30 in most BE weapons. I'm lower on NF because like I said before, NF is always fucking stacked.

9. Señor_Awesome

Señor_Awesome Member

A Memo, RE: bullshit

A quick note to Spartacus and Empty (mostly Empty).

You are full of shit, in particular: 'I am so good with X everybody else is dumb'.

If I had the time, I would go and count all the super long winded posts Empty has made in the past few weeks that boil down to 'fuck you my changes are amazing, you are just shit'. I'm willing to bet there are more than 5.

Thanks for your time. :rolleyes:

10. ImSpartacus

Many sorrys. :(

11. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

Exactly.
    Where are you? #32, or if you will, 27 kills.
    You think 27 kills are enough for you to call other players being shit?

I got 71 kills with that shit and I am still telling you it's shit, do you accept?

Also you haven't answered my question.
    Are you trying to make Empires "your game" rather than actually improving the gameplay?

If I can do successfully with every single weapon in this game, then anyone can, I have a 0.3~ second delay on everything. I really have no sympathy for you if you can't learn this game, if you don't like it that's another thing entirely, but it's hardly a huge ask for you to simply not hold down M1 and expect to win. :cool:

12. Z100000M

In addendum to what was said before me, for a weapon to be good, it cant just be powerful, it needs to be both fun to use and not annoying to play against.

13. BigTeef

BigTeef Bootleg Headshot master

You know, nobody has to play this game anymore if the current team has the attitude "Everyone is stupid except me." and use the excuse when something is patched out "I couldn't figure out how to use X so I removed it for Y reasons."

I am sure nobody here has a problem with going on to play other games, and you can have fun trying to fix an even deader game that can barely get pugs going.

That wouldn't be a waste of time at all.
    I think ill just do that, and I take everything back I said about when trickster was in charge.
    If the dev team doesn't care about us the people who play the game then there is no reason for us to play it.

Because people who spent years playing empires clearly don't know what they are talking about, where a random pubber and a person who barely plays does.

14. D.D.D. Destroyer

Trying to sound like a sassy american teen is pretty hard without accent and body language, but my gut feeling tells me SMG1 is pretty good now if you can reliably tap-fire without spurting forth a fifth of your clip with one longer click.

15. Candles

Candles CAPTAIN CANDLES, DUN DUN DUN, DUN DUN DUN DUN.

It's interesting watching the S/EDG slowly grow.

I'm curious that it doesn't have more members though, considering all the complaining I hear.

16. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

This may be a bad time, but I haven't really had trouble with any of the new weapons. There is a bit of surprise when I get kills I wouldn't expect to normally, when I consider my range and how we were moving. This was constantly my opinion of smg2 while I was using it.

Smg1, it's just different for the most part. The real thing it did was make it a bit harder of a weapon to use compared to old smg1. I can't say if that's a good or bad thing. Some people like other parts of empires besides the shooty bit and so it can be nice to have an easy to use weapon. Then there's the idea of raising the skill ceiling a bit, in smg1's case it wasn't that much, is better for people playing the game in the long term, to reward the commitment to understanding how the weapons work and getting good.

At worst I'll say it takes a lot less time to kill someone with most of the new weapons, especially if prone. It isn't bad, it just changes the game to be a little less run and gun, which I liked a bit more I think. Or maybe it's more run and gun? I think people haven't realized how accurate it all is prone, so it's something that will creep in later.

Oh, I know this was spartacus who did this but I really don't like how the shotty pistol isn't semi auto, I keep accidentally firing off the second shot. I really don't think that was a buff at all and more of a nerf, but if that was the intention then disregard I guess.

17. D.D.D. Destroyer

Speaking of Spartacus, I actually liked Spartacuspires. I kept hitting shit, even if it wasn't a humongous amount of damage.

18. BigTeef

BigTeef Bootleg Headshot master

Thats because zoom is a lazy shit.
    All he has to do is boot up the game when there is a pop high enough and invite people.

19. Z100000M

I dont like when people spam me with shit so I dont spam them with invites either.

20. complete_

complete_ lamer

lol thats an amazing group