Empires 2.6.2 Released

Discussion in 'News' started by ImSpartacus, Feb 12, 2015.

1. Trainzack

Trainzack Member

15 minutes to heavies is something I haven't experienced until now. Seriously, bring back research costing res. That way, people with map control certainly have the advantage, among other things.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2015
  2. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

or at least up the cycle time enough to allow for reliable single shots.

3. Señor_Awesome

Señor_Awesome Member

I can't really say anything about the current version right now because I've only been able to play against teams that are mostly noobs.

A game can't be representative of normal play when I have a positive k/d.

Also lol at even hinting at removing the mortar.

4. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

4) Jump on walls and watch them rage.
    5) Don't get 250 ping.
    If you constantly lose fights against gren as rifleman, that means your skills are vastly inferior, especially if we are talking about non-district.

5. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

I can't remember if was said, but budget should be turned back to a 60 hp armor at 10 weight. Currently there is almost no reason to get it over anything else. It's plain that people spend time on. I know about how much lighter it is, but with so little hp no vehicle besides heavy tanks can use it.

After playing for a bit I also wanted to say that if you want to make a weak point, like the back, I would advise not moving them to the front. Just reduce it, like how the cvs are. Not that it matters too much, most armors are on the heavier side even if they do have more hp, so nothing really exceeds 5 plates on all sides, most of the time it's 4. So it's a change I'm not entirely sure is getting used at all really.

6. ImSpartacus

ImSpartacus nerf spec plz

Budget already has 60HP, so the weight change would be a nerf. I'm not sure if that was what you meant. Its HP/weight is already pretty frightening (though compo is probably nearly at the same point considering its current spod and reflection, lol).

The original intention was to be both a minor buff & a minor nerf to heavies. Give them incredible toughness when slowly approaching a battleline from the preferred angle, but a guaranteed vulnerability if they are caught out in the open against a mobile enemy. It may be four plates of a tough armor, but it's still never more than four.

To really work properly as intended, it probably needs to be tied to a reduction in turning ability. However, I'm not even sure that would work since most Empires maps don't allow for mobility to really make a difference.

7. Lazybum

Oh my bad, for some reason when I was looking at earlier I swear it said 40 hp.

8. ImSpartacus

ImSpartacus nerf spec plz

It used to be that way, so I feel ya.

9. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

Absorbant armor is cray cray now. It gives 0 shits about infantry weapons. Pure chemistry mediums wipe infantry.

10. Lazybum

OH wow, I cannot read. When I read the infantry resists on the weapons I simply thought they'd be like 50% which cuts it down to about 1 and half plates which is normal for the most part. But 80%? When you include the speed to damage that's a little more than half a plate, nothing has that kinda defensive power and for good reasons too. Sure there's reflective, but it's kinda hard to actually get it to constantly nerf the damage down that much, your more likely to only get around 20% with it.