Wikipedia Article

Discussion in 'General' started by Krenzo, Oct 25, 2006.

1. DonMegel

DonMegel Member

Wait, we're not modding for Halo!? No wonder I cant get these models in game.

2. Krenzo

Krenzo Administrator

I actually considered looking into modding for Halo, but then I remembered trying to mod for another one of Bungie's games, Myth, and quickly moved along. Anyway, wow, I can't believe that L0b0t guy said it was a Halo mod. Are they trying to make it obvious that they have no idea what they're talking about?

3. Shinzon

Shinzon Member

Man what a shitstorm... an umbrella wont do any good...

I say just forget about it, and let them do what ever they want, let their e-penis grow...

But in the end Empires is bow to hit bigtime; and when it does, we can just casualy walts in and post up an entire new wikipeda article...

All my faith in wikipedia has been lost...

4. Niarbeht

Niarbeht Member

If I were a 1337 haxxar, I'd replace the wikipedia front page with the Empires article.

But I'm not a 1337 haxxar.

5. Angry

Angry Junior Member

Heh, that moron l0b0t edited out my comment when I made him look like a retard and he corrected his post... But the jokes still on him because he still didn't get it right.

Not like losing the wiki means anything, its just a wiki article, the regulars there are dicks anyway.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2006
  6. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

Nuka5 Was quoted saying
    "Please do not delete our player manual",

yet he has repeatedly said he was confused and only speaking about the empires own wiki. Last time i looked, his quotes he had crossed out and included a note explaining why, but now, they have been removed again!

it seems like this is one of their main peices of evidence, and even though he has tried to rectify the confusion, they won't let him do it.

7. Solokiller

Solokiller Member

The history of the page should show who did that, unless admins can hide their edits.

8. Krenzo

Krenzo Administrator

This is why Angry should edit/post a comment pointing out Lobot's comment and him deleting it which shows that he hasn't even read the article he wants to delete.

9. Angry

Angry Junior Member

Well I would but apparently because his name was in the comment its considered a "Personal attack" although it was mostly about how he didn't even bother reading the wikipedia and I did accuse him of a few things. It's not worth it, I was annoyed while posting because he made it obvious that he's maknig an argument about a article he never even bothered to read. Either way this is more of a wait and see what happens sort of thing for me now.

Edit: Go nuka

10. Krenzo

Krenzo Administrator

I see. So calling him out on that is considered a personal attack, but calling people a "meatpuppet" is perfectly normal and expected of you. I like the way these people think. I'm fine with you excusing yourself from the argument and thank you for participating even though Wikipedia users take it as an insult. Nuka5, your closing argument puts everything into perspective nicely. If that doesn't bring enlightenment to the ignorant, then nothing will.

11. Shinzon

Shinzon Member

That entire debate seems as futile as trying to convice someone over the internet that they are wrong... You would have more sucsess bashing through a wall then doing so...

They don't give any sitation from the article, or SPECIFICS of why it violates any rule; all if it soley based on thier own opinions; and hence I can rate any wiki page "Not Notable" and "Not wikapeda worthy"

And I can not belive that they are saying "Come back when you have become as popular as counterstrike" and rebuting all the multiple articles that empires has resived... For a project that has NO MONEY involved only THE SPARE TIME of the creators, to be mentioned in ANYTHING is a great sucess as your efforts has been recognized by somebody...

Then them saying that "That article is not in English so it cannot be counted as anything, but useless crap" That is like saying that letters of surviving Russian/German/Canadian/Polish/American/Etc soldiers is rubbish...

Their respones and name calling "Meat-bags/Sock-Puppets" is totaly unprofessianl and discusting. Their respones to new registered members are totaly duscusting as well "You just created your account to spam, therefore you suck" Ofcourse I would register to defend something that I thought is unfair... If my friend is being harrased by someone I dont know, ofcourse I would jump in to my friend, with no knowledge of their relationship; and I sure as hell do not need for some one to say "I dont know you, I havent seen you, so get out of my way and let me beat your friend"

The entire thing is just dispicable... If the Article gets delted I say screw wikki for ever, boycott them anything to show a protest.

In real life, the arguments the "admins" presented would NEVER fly, if they were in a court, they would loose the case...

I am totaly discusted at the administration of wikipedia, and cannot belive that those kind of people would get to freely edit an ENCYCLOPEDIA...

Forgive my miltiple spelling errors, but im more then a little pissed right now...

I will resist from creating an account beacuse I know I WILL blow my top (And Im a very patient person) and go totaly berserk, harming the entire debate...

*edit*

Could someone reply this to the admin saying that Krenzo wrote the article (The very last one)

The rules state that it is discouraged and not a deletable offence, second Krenzo himself did NOT comment on the popularity of the mod (With the reason: him being perfictly aware of the wiki rules) and instead all of the "Notability" Articles have been posted by highly active, and looked up upon members of the Empires community who have came to the defence of something they love...

If you think it will help, please feel free to include it into your own, change anything at will... If you think it will do more harm, please ignore this and leave it on this forum...

12. Sonata Arctica

Sonata Arctica Member

BrownHairedGirl strikes again. I'm under Makiyu in the discussion.

13. Krenzo

Krenzo Administrator

I added to the argument. BrownHairedGirl needs to chill out. I'm glad to see a new Wikipedia regular contributor showed up and even gave us a Strong Keep. Wow, there might still be hope for Wikipedia.

14. arklansman

arklansman Member

sooo...who is going to write the article, someone who has never heard of the game???

But these are important???

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_songs_over_fifteen_minutes_in_length
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_songs_with_more_than_one_music_video
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_songs_whose_title_includes_a_phone_number
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_songs_with_particularly_long_titles
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_songs_about_hair
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_songs_in_which_the_lyrics_are_exclusively_nonsensical_words

this is just lists of songs
    i could go on for days

EDIT

missed a good one

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_sets_of_unrelated_songs_with_identical_titles

Last edited: Oct 30, 2006
  15. L3TUC3

L3TUC3 Member

Hmm, looks like they managed to pull yet another rule from their behinds. When is this going to end? It's like these people have a personal quest to delete the empires page.

Anyway, if it gets deleted we'll just go for readmittance.

Time for some photoshop art of sock and meatpuppets.

16. Krenzo

Krenzo Administrator

Someone is really pissed they couldn't use the "empires" article name to create a list of notable empires throughout history!

L0B0T reveals his true self!

Last edited: Oct 30, 2006
  17. rampantandroid

rampantandroid Member

Hey! How'd you find the newest signature I made!

Are you speaking from fact when you say they want the "empires" title for such topics (I've not read the whole debate on wikipedia's deletion page....I find it bloody well pointless)...if its just something you are guessing at...I can figure why - lobot's page says he is a military buff.

I've come to love, and equally HATE wikipedia - its nice to have some sort of free encyclopedia that has some good information on it. At the same time, its terrible that it can be edited by any useless idiot out there. When doing some simple stuff for one of my engineering classes, I found that the article on Amdahl's law was way off (two graphs disagreed with eachother, that were both posted on the same page!) as well as some wrong information on artificial neural networks....

I know, make something like "scholar.wikipedia.com", where only people with have a brain or better can edit stuff!

Is there some sort of form to request a different admin to go over stuff?

18. mr_quackums

mr_quackums Member

only read about 1/3 of this thread, and about 1/3 of the delete arguements, but...

throw in the empires story and a few of the other fan fics, and bam! it becomes an article on a fictional universe that happens to have a game take place in it.

19. Shinzon

Shinzon Member

Actualy; why not add DonMegels Stories in there? They are created by a developer so they are Official and have be stated as so...

Unless that violates some other rule...

20. Krenzo

Krenzo Administrator

Something will always violate one of their rules. That's the lesson to be learned from the deletion argument. It's not enough to write a good wikipedia article. It also has to gain favor from the wikipedia e-penis++ editors to be able to live.