Why is the sniper rifle going to be cut?

Discussion in 'General' started by Empty, Sep 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Empty

Empty Member

.Yeah, because snipers stick with the group and are smart enough to take out engineers with revive as well as being accurate enough to hit him.

I'll bet you, that I can kill any target with a rifle1 and accuracy that you can kill with a scout rifle.

2. mr_quackums

mr_quackums Member

the class (scout) is not being removed, just the rifle.

3. Vessboy

Vessboy Member

Are you sure that quallifies you as an empires veteran? I think you need to play through at least 2 patches before that title sets in.

The sniper rifle is leaving... cause there can be no balance with a selfish weapon like that.

learn to be a sharp shooter with the other rifles. It's not hard.

4. Empty

Empty Member

Veteran simply means you're good at the game Vess, most people consider me an annoying Vet.

5. -Mayama-

-Mayama- MANLY MAN BITCH

If the engi sticks his head out you can kill him as rifleman, if not a grenadier
    can kill the whole team with some mortar shells.

6. LordDz

LordDz Capitan Rainbow Flowers

The reason that the scout sniper isn't effective, by those who uses it to snipe:

Empires is all about destroying things, like slaughtered, it got 400 tickets damnit!
    Kill a person - 6 seconds respawn.
    Destroy a Barrack - Looooooooooooooooooooooong time before the people will get there.

Sab the rax + mortar fire = pwnage.

7. mgX

mgX Member

again on slaughtered, 1 skilled sniper can easily defend the bridge from infantry keeping 4-5 people locked down there....i love doing that...

To whoever said it was the rifle not the class being removed.... without the sniper rifle, its no longer a sniperclass argh.... the class would be next to useless then :/

8. Empty

Empty Member

Only a fuckwit gets pinned by a sniper in a game, and FYI, I've topped many many scoreboards playing Scout+SMG2. The scout rifle is not 'necessary'

9. mgX

mgX Member

yes ofc, but with so many playing scouts, fuckwits arent exactly in back order :)

10. Empty

Empty Member

Touche.

11. decemberscalm

decemberscalm Member

This thread needs to have existed a long time ago. Seriously guys. Theres at least 10 threads with the same information just not compacted into one thread.

Why is the scout rile being removed? Because every time I've commanded I've had to tell at least one of my men to go Engineer unless he wants his side to lose.

I wish they'd code in a no-riflemen, grenadier, or scout class timer at the beggining of the game. That way my enemy hasn't taken the entire map while my only two men are figuring out how to switch at the barracks. Mabye purchasing equipment (classes) would be a good way to solve it. La de daaa daa. Choclate Rain! I move away from the mike to dodge the mowtar.

12. Avneet

Avneet Member

In one night so many posts =P First to decemberscalm. Again, I am not arguing about taking out the scout class, just to limit to one sniper. You are going on about those 80% scout games and I'm talking about one sniper =P

".Yeah, because snipers stick with the group and are smart enough to take out engineers with revive as well as being accurate enough to hit him.

I'll bet you, that I can kill any target with a rifle1 and accuracy that you can kill with a scout rifle."

I did no specify how the gun would be used just like you can't specify how someone would use any other weapon(including you saying rifle1 + accur). I'm just giving you reasons why one sniper should stay. You can't base it off when someone good uses it vs. bad because I already gave instances where I find useless people with other classes doing nothing and wasting tickets. So again, basing on skills is irrelevant.

"Are you sure that quallifies you as an empires veteran? I think you need to play through at least 2 patches before that title sets in.

The sniper rifle is leaving... cause there can be no balance with a selfish weapon like that.

learn to be a sharp shooter with the other rifles. It's not hard."

Ah actually yes I do think it does. You can find out the rest by playing in a game with me =P

See this is an example of a whine post to get it out. What does your post of saying it's a selfish gun have to do with anything? Can't you say people using the grenade launcher or rifle1 are selfish too? So your post is irrelevant and a whine post to get it removed =P

LOL don't tell me to learn to be a sharpshooter with other guns if you haven't played against me and don't know anything of my skills =P

"If the engi sticks his head out you can kill him as rifleman, if not a grenadier
    can kill the whole team with some mortar shells."

The point is, YOU can kill him as can other experienced players. Watch the same scene with a noob who will just hold down the mouse hoping that all his burst hits the engy. Many people can't do that until they learn how to shoot accurately. For anyone new doing it, it will take a lot more bullets to try to take out the engy, in which he can easily revive even one rifleman back. And even one man back over one of your guys dead can turn the tide. So again, you can't go assuming that everyone in the game is skilled enough to know how to use the other weapons when everyday I see 80% of my team not knowing how to use their class =P

"Empires is all about destroying things"

Yes it is, just like it's about killing things. You think the devs would have put the sniper rifle in the game if it didn't fit? Exactly =P

"Only a fuckwit gets pinned by a sniper in a game"

LOL then I guess most people I play against are fuckwits or you just have to high of s standard to every player =P Most of the time people just hold down their mouse from so far away and I can hear bullets fly by without worry. You know instantly people like that will kill you by luck which is most of the time I play. And if you are fast on the mouse, it's one shot one kill. So I don't guess people are fuckwit(have no clue what that is) to get sniped in the head =P

WOO i can finally go eat. Sleep and go to a one hour class and I have to go through this =P And no I don't know how to use the quote system per paragraph by different people. Plus post looks smaller this way then it would have been with a bunch of quote things =P

Last edited: Sep 29, 2008
  13. Empty

Empty Member

See, when I try to make a calm collected thread, these people show up. And I am put in jail if I murder them with an axe. There's no justice

14. BumGravy

BumGravy Member

Does "Green Clan" play empires? There is very little information on your website and Im too lazy to sign up to view your forums.

If not have you played in an Empires clan?

15. Sherbie

Sherbie Member

[​IMG]

I move away from the calc to breathe in

16. Avneet

Avneet Member

Green Clan does not play empires. It's just a small group of friends who play games together(mostly BF2 or COD4). BUT 3 of our members play Empires and 2 of us have been playing since the day the game got released to the public. Like 2 years ago I think(can't remember). At that time my name was Time To Die up until a year ago when I changed it to Avneet and decided to put |GC| tag even though it's not a Empires clan =P We also had a Empires Commander maps only server. We never got enough feedback on it though so we shut it down after a month or two =P

"See, when I try to make a calm collected thread, these people show up. And I am put in jail if I murder them with an axe. There's no justice"

Seeing as how I'm one of "these people", I should say something to that =P I say I'm put in jail for loving the sniper rifle and fighting to keep it :o ;]]

17. Notorious

Notorious Member

I've been experimenting with scout a lot lately

i can honestly say that before this last week I had never really tried playing the class

anyways, in maybe half of the games, i was either top rank on my team or close to top, the half that i wasnt near the top, was due to a skill stack on my team of experienced vehicle drivers pushing the enemy and racking up kills, while i was still running around on foot

my most successful incursions involved using the SMG2, and only the SMG2,

im sure the SMG1 is more accurate, but i don't ever use it anymore on account of it taking a clip or more to kill one person sometimes, which is more than i like,

on account of my pushing the enemy face to face on the front lines, the sniper rifle actually becomes useful, but im not proning and hiding, im usually crouched and moving around, unless im prone to better accuracy, and hide is a skill so it turns on automatically, but the gun defies reality, because the bullet hits the center of the crosshair whether your moving it to follow a moving target or not, which totally throws off the preconception of 'leading the target'

its really annoying to immediately instinctively be leading a target and then watch your shot hit two feet in front of the guy, which case he sees the tracer in front of his face and starts going wild, so unless your totally in tune with empires, and a completely worthless marksman in real life, the sniper rifle is counter-productive

now, the next odd thing i noticed is hide, its extremely useful, while completely useless, against normal players, its pretty damn easy to sneak around the enemy base hidden and kill the same person, or group of people 10 times in a row, esp with a barracks sabotaged since they will spawn with only 50% health, which is awesome, gets you up to 40 rank really fast.

but, ive had 'experienced' players run around corners and shoot me in the face, while i was completely like, third level hidden, not the fundamental level of hidden that you get while moving around or what have you, like, my screen is so dark i can barely see cause im so hidden, cause that shit darkens the more hidden you are, and people are looking straight at me without even looking like theyre looking for someone

im not gonna name names, and i realize half the time that the enemy commander probably drag targeted me somehow while i wasnt hidden, but a lot of activity on some peoples parts is really suspicious, what im trying to say is, depending on your knowledge of how the game is played, its almost as easy to spot hackers as a hidden scout as it is to spectate people.

one example i have of an individual, who wasn't wearing a name i recognized before, was in a vehicle while i was sneaking around, his gun turret was following me the entire time, i tried strafing slowly, hidden, back and forth, and his gun turret followed me, after like 3 minutes, he started shooting at me, like he finally realized he was looking at a hidden scout, but how the hell could he see me and be watching me if he didnt know i was there?

but i can say for sure, to finish this post up, that SMG2 scouts, as they are right now are deadly useful, in the art of destructive recon, the only constructively useful thing they can do is to E-build a barracks ina remote unlooked at part of a map, like on emp_slaughtered, or help a non-engineer team E-build a base

as an offensive scout, against players that don't appear to be hacking, sabotage + shooting people in the back, all SMG2 related, scout can be deadly sueful, as i said before, because it severly hampers the enemy to have to find me, kill me, and repair the dozen or so buildings that ive raped, so that the radar researchs at a normal speed again, the VF doesn;t produce half dead vehicles, and the barracks doesnt take away half their life, their turrets actually fire, and their armory doesnt give out health and ammo at agonizingly slow speeds,

on emp_midbridge, i actually caused a team rush against my team to die, because half the team was called to a northern base i had just completely sabotaged in less then 5 minutes, giving my team an extra 5-10 minutes to organize and complete research, what have you

on cyclopean(as Brenodi), i was all over the map so fast and often, sabotaging and killing people getting out of their tanks, NF had gotten mediums + heavies + HE and nukes, half the freakin research available, because they were being hampered enough by my individual efforts outside, and the great 'rail gun' defense of my own team at the base, even though they had no idea how to actually leave the base and try to get more refineries, which was vital, i had once initiated a counter rush to NW, i reconned out and sabotaged all of NW, then i linked up with the rail tanks and started sabotaging turrets in their way and sticky stunning enemy tanks(even though they had bio diesel), it eventually failed, cause they weren't great drivers on my team, soi have to conclude the only reason they got as far as they did was thanks to me, which is a little arrogant, but only as realistic as it appeared

i dont know why i said it earlier, but to finally finish this up, scouts are a class for the Elite ONLY, in the hands of an amateur scouts are useless, and the sniper rifle only comes in useful very rarely, SMG2 f.t.w.

18. mr_quackums

mr_quackums Member

^ exactly.

scouts should not be the default class, and there need to be more hints at load up that scouts are for advanced players only.

there is a reason it is not called sniper, it is called scout. besides, hide, silencer, enhanced senses, sabotage, and a shotty will do much more good (and probably get you more kills, if that's your thing) than a sniper rifle.

19. Empty

Empty Member

Notorious just got put on my wall of fame.
    With the title: Actually Knows How To Scout.

That's how you play scout, you disrupt the enemy as much as you can, take cheap shots with the SMG2, and laugh at the heavy you just stunstickied.

Here's a tip Notorious, take Enhanced Senses or Accuracy Upgrade instead of hide. Hide slows you down, and doesn't really help you that much. Not to mention that brenodi hiding have bright white eyes that seem to glow :P

20. -Mayama-

-Mayama- MANLY MAN BITCH

What I dont get is why people make lies like
    "uhm im better with my scout rifle in rifleman/grenadier stuff than those classes"
    If you want to find arguments to keep it in you should find
    reasons that are true and can be only done with that rifle.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.