Upgrade the General Skills

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by knighttemplar, Jun 19, 2007.

1. Slithzerikai

Slithzerikai I for one am glad the NF SMG 3 is gone

Well, I think there should be upgrade levels for general skills, and maybe weapon damage or armor effectiveness.

2. Broccoli

Broccoli Member

Unless they're researched from the armory, I'd be against this. I wouldn't want the radar being tied up with researching skill upgrades.

3. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

....wut?

I thought there was going to be some sort of genetics / nano tech (depending on faction) section in the research that was for player upgrades anyway. something like that planned.

4. knighttemplar

knighttemplar Member

Well these ideas should all focus around Skill upgrades. If you want to talk about infantry research, make a thread about it.

My Recommendations so far (Strong Suggestions in Orange, weak suggestions in Peach)

Health Upgrade - Currently at 130% and I agree with this, in that it should take an extra shot to kill a soldier with health upgrade.

Health Regeneration - Currently at ? and I don't agree with this. It needs a boost IMO. The suggestion about a certain amount of time required before regen kicks in is a good one
    Suggestion - After 5 seconds, Health regenerates at 1.5hp a second

Ammo Upgrade - Currently (doubles?) and I think this is fine, but spawn ammo should be higher
    Suggestion - Ammo at spawn is likewise doubled

Stamina Increase
    - Currently at 200% regeneration. I think this would be better if your total stamina increased and regen increased as well
    Suggestion - 150% of normal stamina + 150% regeneration rate.

Speed Upgrade
    - Currently at 25%. My feeling is that this is still too low, but I haven't played with it as much with the higher settings
    Suggestion - Keep as is, with a possiblity of increasing it.

Accuracy Upgrade - Currently at ?. This skill is just fine as it is.

Melee Upgrade
    - Currently at ? (2x or 3x?). While not very useful, melee can now near one hit kill. Now if only it could damage more than just people and cameras.
    Suggestion - Keep as is, but more usefulness would be nice.

I added some numbers to get the debate flowing again. Please don't nitpick about the figures too much. If you think speed upgrade should be 23% instead of 25%, it's likely not worth posting over.

So far I, and what I believe to be quite a few other people, think 4 out of the 7 skills are just fine

Last edited: Jul 11, 2007
  5. Trid3nt

Trid3nt Member

Maybe Melee could include a leap attack or something?

6. The Buttery Lobster

The Buttery Lobster Drama Queen.

dude, leap attack like a lurk... that would be awesome.

As for multiple upgrades for the same skill, like I said before, this is a good suggestion, but focus should be on balancing the FIRST level of skills before adding in extras.

I think all of KT's suggestions are good.

7. arklansman

arklansman Member

Spawn with moar ammoz.

8. knighttemplar

knighttemplar Member

It's been updated. If there's little to no objection to these suggestions by this time tomorrow, I'll add them to the Suggestion sticky (if it really matters)

Then we can talk about new/different skills for the classes

9. Awrethien

Awrethien Member

I agree with all except stamina increase. Haveing both would be a bit over powering. Increasing by 50% means you can go a third farther than any one else IMO is fine but not both at the same time.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2007
  10. knighttemplar

knighttemplar Member

Well it currently is a 200% regeneration rate, so I took 50% from that and placed it to overall stamina. Stamina regenerates a little slower, but you get to run for a little longer.

I thought it made sense to have both parts as aspects of the stamina skill.

11. Broccoli

Broccoli Member

You say about the usefulness of melee, well there was a suggestion a while back of damaging turrets with it. I liked that.

Also, how about renaming it to a general "strength" upgrade, which then meant that you could do other things, such a push vehicles out of ditches, or even right a flipped CV?

12. The Buttery Lobster

lol *cough halo cough*

13. Broccoli

Broccoli Member

I've never played HALO, so I don't understand the reference.

14. Solokiller

Solokiller Member

The master chief can flip vehicles with his superstrongness, but he can't flip enemies.

15. The Buttery Lobster

actually it's not a bad idea, except that this would be a prerequisite first skill taken for any and all commanders.

16. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

why not? sounds fair to me.

sounds like we need sandbag to go over his glorious "push" idea!

"how about if you can run up to the side of an upturned vehicle, and by pressing "use" you can apply some force to it. one person would have enough push to push back up a jeep. so several people will be needed for the heavier vehicles.

You can only do this when less than 2 wheels are on the ground, and each push would only be enough to get it rocking: it would take several, well timed ones to fully right it."

i still want this! perhaps it should be for the melee upgrade :)