Upgrade the General Skills

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by knighttemplar, Jun 19, 2007.

1. FalconX

FalconX Developer

Now there's an interesting idea. The point of regen is not so you can live longer in a firefight, there's the health upgrade for that. It's purpose is to let you, after winning one, go on to fight another later.

2. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

how about a skill for bigger clips.. so lets say your pistol can hold double the bullets per clip.. so u can have enough bullets to dance around and get those kills

3. Awrethien

Awrethien Member

Na thats a bit over powering. Can you imagin what the HMG clips would be like? Howabout instead faster reloading? Just speed up the animation and thats it. I sometimes feel like my character is taking his time reloading some are so slow.

4. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

for rifleman, not gren; that would make him a base killing death machine

5. knighttemplar

knighttemplar Member

Ever try pushing q after firing a mowtar?

6. Align

Align Member

I thought the ammo upgrade already increased clip size.
    Yes, but with 45 seconds delay you're going to have more downtime than movement or action.

7. KILLX

KILLX Banned

i think it doubles the total carryable ammos

8. [RTFM]Major_Tom_CosmicBlu

[RTFM]Major_Tom_CosmicBlu Member

Well, I don't think, that the Generell Skills should be imporved but the class skills, to make it more important, that every class is present.

9. Caelo

Caelo Member

all skills should be improved..

10. The Buttery Lobster

The Buttery Lobster Drama Queen.

I don't think any of the class skills need a major boost EXCEPT for the scout's Radar Stealth. This skill should make you not appear on cameras, not just on radar. Does anyone ever bother to take this skill when they could take increased speed, instead?

11. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

no you get both with a gren in passanger seat and fly thru front line to the base ftw

12. The Buttery Lobster

touche.

I still think it should conceal from cameras too though.

13. Align

Align Member

If you completely rely on radar or camera to show you enemies coming in from a given route you deserve to lose anyway. It needs a boost.
    The other upgrades need boosts too though.

14. pixelized

pixelized Member

I'd like the ability to double up skills like 2x health upgrade and 2x regen. That'd be an awesome rifleman.

15. The Buttery Lobster

THAT is something I disagree with strongly; imagine the HMG with FOUR accuracy upgrades--- my god, it would be deadly.

Bad example, it's not currently balanced. But still, four accuracy upgrades would make ANY gun a laser death ray of pewpewpew doom.

16. knighttemplar

knighttemplar Member

luckily he didn't mention Accuracy...

About the regen wait time, 5 seconds seems plenty to me. It's a long time in a gun fight, and it's not enough to be a huge hassle if not. Anyway, the main point is that it regenerate much faster

I still think that vehicle skills should be stacked, but at a diminishing rate. For instance, if you're in a med and have an engi and a gren you can have better armour and cooling. However, if you're in an apc with 5 other people, the actual values of those skills begin to decrease, say every extra player with a vehicle skill reduces all vehicle skills by 20%.

So you get a bonus, because that's what skills are for, but you don't get an APC with 80% armour boost. I haven't done the math, but 50% would sound good to me, because this is a significant part of your team in that APC

17. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

5 seconds before regen kicks in and you get ALL you're health back? NO WAY!

that's insanely over the top. infact, I can't think of any amount of time that justifies getting all health back very quickly.

I say leave it, I've always thought it's pretty balanced.

18. The Buttery Lobster

maybe increase the regan rate a teansy bit, though.

19. knighttemplar

knighttemplar Member

You're supposed to get all your health back, that's the skill. If the dude is backed up by an engineer he'll have his health back within those first 5 seconds, no one seems to have a problem with that. Playing it alone requires you to wait a bit longer, but not so much that you're sitting behind cover for a couple minutes waiting. You might as well wait for an engineer if that's the case, which basically makes the skill worthless.

What I would love, is if all the skills approached the importance of curretly important skills like revive and repair. Imagine having a valid choice of skills to match your game type instead of having only a few to rely on.

20. dizzyone

dizzyone I've been drinking, heavily

There could be a cap on on minimum accuracy you can have with a type of gun or you could also let a stacked skill's effectiveness in total decrease exponentially, lets say if the riflemens extra damage does an extra 10%, and every other would only add 3.3% to that. you'd have 20% extra damage.

Not that I'd like to see something like that, but it could be a possibility