UGL APC's

Discussion in 'Game Play' started by JustGoFly, Aug 21, 2013.

1. Candles

Candles CAPTAIN CANDLES, DUN DUN DUN, DUN DUN DUN DUN.

There's just the general vehicle limit. You know, the "x/28" you see on the upper right next to the tank icon on the HUD.

2. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

It's a serverside variable which limits the amount of vehicles a team can have. It used to be 10 for performance reasons, now it's basically unlimited.

But it's not possible to limit it on a per vehicle basis. If it was, I'd also prefer to give that power to the commander, not a server variable.

3. ImSpartacus

ImSpartacus nerf spec plz

You're right, it's basically unlimited.

I remember when people would sit in the vf on money or slaughtered and wait for a heavy to get destroyed.

I'm kinda sad now. :(

4. ViroMan

ViroMan Black Hole (*sniff*) Bully

ya... and it was almost half the team waiting around the VF.

5. ImSpartacus

I hated that shit back in the day, but it reminds me how cool this game can be. :(

...I need a hug.

6. ViroMan

Didn't VF locking come around that time... so commanders could choose who got tanks(and the cost of them vs research)?

7. ImSpartacus

Yeah, it was implemented at around that time.

8. JustGoFly

JustGoFly Member

Spartacus - I remember that infinite res match. We all joined and the game had been started so each side had crazy amount of resources. UGL APC - electric and you kept them from hitting heavies and overwhelming us. BE heavies would always win and the rule is kill them before they get to heavies or your fucked.

I think the objective of the game is to enable players to play longer - get to tanks then duke it out until you overpower the opponent. Anything that makes the game end in first ten minutes has to be considered as OP.
    1) APC Rush,
    2) Spawning teams next to COM - sticky Scout and all riflemen and game is over before anyone can respond. Only chance is if someone happens to be next to the com in a heavy. I would have no problem with an APC making it into main and streaming out players, but this close proximity spawn is a game killer and the focus of some teams who can't win through normal gameplay.
    3) Arty on some maps - like money,

Scouts OP were fixed a while ago - but that was a game killer at the time that is not being abused anymore. A scout now helps get buildings to halfway mark but rarely do we lose buildings quickly due to scouts. I think they are good now.

BE Rifleman has an open scope on top of the gun that makes it easier to aim. I am blinded by the circle target on NF rifle and can't follow a player to kill while he's running.

BE APC second seat - why give BE this obviously useful capability without giving something to NF in return ?

BE Tanks - too obvious.

BE BE BE ....

Balance this puppy. Increase missile speed, and add more missiles to load out. Increase Homing reload time so it can keep up with BE. Give second seat capability to NF. Cut the rifleman target on NF to open top like BE. And drop power of UGL. All this stated before I'm sure.

9. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

"can't follow a player to kill while he's running".
    I don't think this has much to do with the guns.

NF jeep has 4 seats.

You have to consider the skill difference of the drivers. Sometimes it's just a pro driver in BE tank.

I agree with increasing the ML speed, though.
    Perhaps increase the ammo capacity of Homing ML too.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2013
  10. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

4 seats jeeps?
    are you serious.

11. urethra franklin

urethra franklin Member

I remember all those games that have been won by four seat jeeps, tanks with 2 he cannons just can't compare to 4seat jeeps...

12. Sitka

Sitka Member

And then some cunt builds a cheapass shitfit heavy that's just 50 res cheaper than yours after walking in fresh from spawn.
    Even though you've waited patiently.

VF locking is good until your com builds you the shittiest damned tank.
    Like an NF tank where missiles are m1. Or a BE tank where each cannon is set to its own mouse button.
    Or when you want a bloody MG on your tank but your com insists on building full rear armor one weapon tanks that get blasted by grens.

13. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

#1 Assholes happen already
    #2 Repair pads happen already

14. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

Hey I rather like setting cannons to two different buttons. It makes heat management easier and makes readjusting for fast moving targets easier, its only a problem if you have uml or something that you want to fire at the same time. Bio missile and homing can be switched to for a second to fire with then back to dual cannons.

15. ViroMan

Agree... there is the heat management thing and aim control. The downside to not having them on the same button is that you cant trick the heatbar out of two shots for the price of one.

16. D.D.D. Destroyer

I can't trick it most of the time anyway, unless I chain it at 100% heat.

17. D.D.D. Destroyer

18. ImSpartacus

Hmmmm, I guess I always thought that a single mine could kill a paper APC.

Admittedly, I'm very biased against mines, so maybe that clouded my judgment.

Good video though.

19. Candles

Candles CAPTAIN CANDLES, DUN DUN DUN, DUN DUN DUN DUN.

If a single mine could kill a paper APC, then I'd love Urban Chaos even more.