UGL APC's

Discussion in 'Game Play' started by JustGoFly, Aug 21, 2013.

1. ViroMan

ViroMan Black Hole (*sniff*) Bully

UGL+gl apcs....

2. Candles

Candles CAPTAIN CANDLES, DUN DUN DUN, DUN DUN DUN DUN.

You're just realizing this now? There's a reason I spend all of maps like Slaughtered just bum rushing 3-phase APC's with defusal. You make a tank, blow some stuff up and hope to get through. Or you make an APC, die about five out of six times, get an APC behind enemy lines on the sixth try and wreck shit up. Hell, even a weaponless APC can be powerful as fuck as long as people spawn in it.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2013
  3. ImSpartacus

ImSpartacus nerf spec plz

Oh, I've suspected it for a long time and I've always been one to use APCs instead of tanks. However, I always thought my love of APCs clouded my judgement of their potential. We're all susceptible to biases.

But after that canyon round, I'm convinced that you only need tanks to kill the CV or defend your base from other vehicles.

It was the infinite res that did it. People thought arty was the way to go on a high res match, but they didn't do shit. Everyone that bought a tank just spent all of their time fighting other tanks. It seemed like some weird circle jerk of useless tanks.

If we would've had 4-5 UGL APCs out at once, it would've been over. Even if they are pushing BE heavies, they wouldn't've been able to kill us fast enough. Hell, I was the only vehicle in their base and I could dodge dual-HE heavies long enough to empty my mags and throw my 3 seismics.

Curiously, my most unproductive stretch occured when I hopped out of my dying APC and they forgot about me. After I killed all the nearby buildings, I wasted time walking to the next base and died en route. Another teammate even complained to me during this time that they wanted a spawn in the main, lol.

GL is a shit heap. I only go UGL+GL if I have compo and biodiesel/standard. If I have 3phase or another heavy engine, I'd rather take a std MG and UGL most times.

4. ViroMan

ViroMan Black Hole (*sniff*) Bully

... we had compo and biodiesel.

5. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

Because I am not a flaming faggot and loathe to use weapons i see as op such Be riflemen shit and UGL.

6. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

Iunno my DPS heavy tank build wrecks an APC in a few volleys and with a good engine I can catch up to them.

7. ImSpartacus

It's not if you can take them down, it's how fast.

It got to the point where dr haschewhatever was waiting for me in a dual he heavy and I was STILL emptying my UGL+GL mags. Once or twice, I actually got to reload, lol. I used twenty tickets and he got more than twenty kills, but he still failed.

And you can afford like three APCs for the price of a heavy. One nice salvo homing dual ER heavy still can't finish three APCs before the base is wrecked.

If you ignore shit like that, it will never get fixed. You have to abuse it so much that Trickster & FriendsĀ® are forced to fix it.

... and that's all I used.

8. D.D.D. Destroyer

No matter how strong your weapons are 9 plates of compo are hard to break solo on a moving target. That teamwork thing? You know, it helps?

9. ImSpartacus

So you get two extra grens on foot. Does that magically let you drop all three APCs in the 18s it takes them to empty their UGL clips?

But that's just one altercation, not the long term. If they take down your VF, then it only takes one or two APCs steadily streaming into your base to keep it down.

So much gg that it's not even funny.

10. D.D.D. Destroyer

I may be biased seeing as I always go back to the epically failed APC rushes in the last scrim in Empires, but I'm not convinced anyways. Breaking through the frontline should be tough enough unless you play something like duststorm. In which case I suggest 3phase and vehicle combat practice.

11. ImSpartacus

Why give them time to create a "front line"?

Coolant engies can drive absorb-UGL APCs like 4 min after the radar goes up.

The goal isn't a massive rush of APCs slamming into each other and never getting to main. The goal is a nigh continuous stream of cheap UGL APCs that eventually crushes a base and keeps the fight in the enemy's territory.

Granted, this shit doesn't work on Crossroads or or other chokepoint maps, but it doesn't require the openness of Duststorm either.

12. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

APC stream(not rush) is not hard to handle. You only need 1~2 decent drivers that have non-zero situational awareness to handle it.

Seriously, if you can just drive three APCs into enemy base without losing one on the way, the enemy isn't worthy enough to prove anything.
    (Killing 30 newbies with sniper rifle doesn't mean sniper rifle is OP. Pro driver in BE tank raping newb driver in NF tank doesn't mean BE tank is OP...etc)

13. Z100000M

Whatever, I didnt read the disclaimer. Moving on.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2013
  14. ImSpartacus

Dr Haschet-whatever couldn't stop little ol' me with dual-HE on canyon in SE. He's jipple or some shit, so I assume he has non-zero situational awareness.

I understand that it's only one data point. Maybe I'm a godly APC driver.

15. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

Haschte is good at infantry, but he's not as good a driver as an infantry.
    Situational awareness has nothing to do with your skill level.

16. Neoony

Neoony Member

I also agree with 10 vehicle limit.
    Always hated having big vehicle limit even though I know that it solved the VF camping problem.

Iam sure its worth trying, someday..

17. ImSpartacus

I'd rather naturally solve the problem with pricier tanks.

If your team saves up the cash to afford more than a dozen nice vehicles, then they deserve to steamroll their opponents.

18. Z100000M

No they fucking dont.

19. ImSpartacus

Lol.

[​IMG]

You're wrong.

20. BigTeef

BigTeef Bootleg Headshot master

Wait I skimmed and saw there is a thing to limit vehicles.

Is that all of them or just specifics?
    Because we can eliminate the arty spam issue.

Because limiting arty and heavy tanks and have them dynamic to how many people who are playing would be boss.