Training Server: the place for ... nobody?

Discussion in 'General' started by training server, May 30, 2008.

?

When this poll is closed, i will announce the lucky one

Poll closed Jun 9, 2008.
  1. I am sexy

12.5%
  2. I am intelligent

19.6%
  3. avair fails

67.9%
  1. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

I'm not worried about it.. I encourage it! more kills for me

But new people to the game will keep playing this game if they can just get one epic match in before they give up trying to learn.

2. Jcw87

Jcw87 Member

It's not always the commader's fault. Hell, YOU should know that, seeing as you had a game where your team wasn't listening to a thing you said, and your team lost because of it. All the players who know what they should be doing were on the other team, and the clueless people were on your team. That's stacking.

3. tylerp9p

tylerp9p Member

I really dont appreciate the personal attacks against the @ clan, especially by Sonata Arctica.

Claiming that no one other than Daizy is mature enough is a real low blow (and major bullshit).

In my own opinion, Recon (and the @ clan), deserves to run this server more than anyone on the forums/community.

He tries very hard to run a server for us, yet the @ clan doesn't have enough money to do so.

I believe the contribution of a server would be greatly appreciated by him and the @ clan. He is one of the best server managers/admins I have seen over all the games I have played on Steam. Hes dedicated, hes experienced, and he cares a lot about his servers/forums/sites.

Just figured I would throw this out there / address some sly remarks,
    - Tyler

4. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

lol I don't think anyone is attacking @.. I'm pretty sure sonata was saying that no one other then daizy in JPL is mature enough..

Don't worry not everyone is out to get you :D

5. @@@@Marcin@@@@

@@@@Marcin@@@@ Developer

A tutorial server is meant to be neutral, hence NOKI is a good candidate

and I have never ever seen Daizy seeding the actual dam server only NOKI does that

@ clan from my perspective is too unorganized to run this big of a server sorry to say

6. Sonata Arctica

Sonata Arctica Member

You guys, don't you dare turn this thread into a team stacking whinefest.

It's true. Daizy is more mature than most people in this community, and most of the time, she's the only admin online that can ban griefers.

I'm not against @ getting the server, but I'm just saying that you guys as a whole probably could not sustain a server.

haha, you're funny.

I wasn't attacking @, don't be such a baby.

7. ChadR

ChadR Member

daizy is power hungry

she kicked me for being a scout t

8. Tea&Cookies

Tea&Cookies Member

Daizy isnt power hungry lol, You prolly crashed and decided to blame daisy.

9. [KM] The Corpse

[KM] The Corpse Member

hmmm... [KM] Server 2... bad idea?

10. training server

training server Banned

Candidate nr 10 just joined the battle.

I have been receiving several "nominations".
    Those nominations will be taken in mind, somewhere far far on the background :)

First i will look at the candidate's skill+experience+background/history info, then when its hard to decide, some nominations can help out deciding faster.

Although, instead of nominating for your friend/clan, you could also join the battle and take a ticket nr for candidate. If you happened to get it, you can sure share management with whoever you like.

And about 2nd KM server, why dont you join the battle? Who knows ? :)

Also a small note: you might dream about getting your hands on this server and you would do this and do that. Everything perfectly planned in your mind or written down on paper. But when you got it so far, to really manage the server. Things will get harder. Trying to have a control over people is not as easy as it looks like. They dont always listen. And if you have never felt this power before, you sure will get power hungry (maybe not right away, but one day) :)
    Even I have pulled some dirty tricks :p Yea, feels so good lol

Also why do I keep my identity secret?
    This way I can play like how I want to play, nothing attached. No flame, no blame. People dont know who I am and leave me alone :)

Sometimes drawing a line between fun and work is necessery. Its like when you finished working, you dont want customers still calling you when you are watching tv or playing a game and ask you for work related stuff.

So when there is a lucky winner, i will not announce who it is when he doesnt want to be known :)

11. Tea&Cookies

Tea&Cookies Member

Oh God, Dont gibe it to KM thats the biggest sack of fail you could commit. Its like locking another bullet into the head of Empires. The way their Admins handle that server is epic fail. Daisy is the best Candidate ive seen so far.

12. km_

km_ Member

I agree, give it to Daizy.

When I was on the KM server, I hardly ever saw any [KM] clan people logged in playing. When I did, it was for like 30 minutes. Their clan has at least 20 people in it, yet I have only seen maybe 2 play on Empires mod. Even on their forums, their admins threaten players (even a few insisted people to go kill themselves). I definately do not want the training server to have these kind of admins. Also their balance plugins are made of fail.

Daizy, on the other hand, is fast to respond (when she is online), quick to get into the server to see what is going on and quickly defuses the situation.

13. Tea&Cookies

Tea&Cookies Member

Example of Daisys uberness were yesterday when either Zenis or @@@@Recon@@@@ were griefing the com (I say or because the proof to tie one of them to the crime wasn't documented theirfore the case was released) and Daisy was in the server in about 3 minutes flat to sort it out.

Another issue later that day was when me and Cowbell and couple spectators were screwing around with votekick kicking each other, but cowbell let it get out of hand and it started affecting players, she was fast to drop what she was doing to join up and set us straight. Yeah she is like Super-girl.

14. More Cowbell

More Cowbell Member

what can i say
    im only 12, blame genetics

but on a serious note I think daizy would be the best candidate, she is quick to respond and is a good admin even if i get in trouble then somehow manage to switch the blame to some poor BSID member

15. Tea&Cookies

Tea&Cookies Member

LOL! @ the KM_TheHusband quote XD!

16. training server

training server Banned

candidate 11 joined the battle

17. knighttemplar

knighttemplar Member

It could be a great place to let the Jeeps run free

18. [KM] The Corpse

[KM] The Corpse Member

Well i'm not going to get into an argument, but three points:

1) We're a CS:S clan, most of them don't play Empires.

2) Our admins threaten YOU, most people seem to get on fine.

3) The KM balance plugin was written by Reef, not a KM member. Still, don't let not having a clue prevent you expressing your opinion.

19. recon

recon SM Support Dev

I have never, ever greifed a comm. The community (clans BSID, @), (players ScardyBob, Beard) will vouch for me.

According to Bundy, the real greifer is some guy called Zanix who I've never seen before.

Here's the status information:
    "Zanix" STEAM_0:1:5806907 24:42 106 0 active

Daizy was sure fast about coming to see what was going on.

20. Tea&Cookies

Tea&Cookies Member

As I said, I couldnt get screenshot proof ast enoguh to tie it to you, so I agreed to drop it. As is though the point were tring to make si that Daisy was fast to respond.