Training Server: the place for ... nobody?

Discussion in 'General' started by training server, May 30, 2008.

?

When this poll is closed, i will announce the lucky one

Poll closed Jun 9, 2008.
  1. I am sexy

12.5%
  2. I am intelligent

19.6%
  3. avair fails

67.9%
  1. Cyber-Kun

Cyber-Kun Member

But thats not a training server.
    A training server should have maps that are easy to play on, So as much as I hate to say, I would remove Shadows.
    The hints need an updating too.
    Fix the settings and any other related issue.
    That is what you really need to make the training server training.
    Also remove that slutty schoolgirl in the MOTD.

2. CobaltBlue

CobaltBlue Member

No one said it had to still be a training server. Anyways, I doubt that's what is going to happen with it, I just think that would be nice.

3. NOKI

NOKI Member

i do try to get ppl into the empty training server, by switching maps...
    i do wat i can to keep ppl in, but i do get a bit frustrated sometimes = \

i dont join clan, but my bro who also plays sometimes, would have to problem with joining a clan = O...so...NOKI might change his mind someday...u never know

n...i dont think i should manage the server, becus im too inexperienced = (
    (this is the first time i use admin in all the games that i play -__-)
    (n most players who visited training server probably knows how little admin commands i know o__obb )

so...who wants to manage the server? not that i want console to give us the list(cus its confidential). would some1 step up n say that they applied for it? = D

4. training server

training server Banned

it doesnt have to remain a training server.

im giving someone else control over it because i lack of time to control it and im a big noob :p

the purpose is to turn this training server into a new server with new management and just populate it, bring something new to the community OR doesnt have to be something new but just what people like to play, attrack players back and encourage them to play empires, get active admins etc

have more populated servers that everybody likes

etc ...

clan or no clan, doesnt matter. KM is doing very well and its managed by a clan.
    my gratz to them. Im happy i beated mittoes :D no matter how much richer that owner was and having several servers and charging admins :p

too bad i just cannot afford a 48 slots from gameservers.com (km server), my server is still alive because i have referrals which lowers my costs.
    More referrals are always welcome :) you can email me about it and we can somehow cut a deal :D

good luck all

5. Tea&Cookies

Tea&Cookies Member

"I think I'm missing something... JPL already has one or two servers. What do they need another for? Why not give it to a clan that doesn't have one yet"

I don't think she would turn it into A JPL server, I think she would leave it as Training server, where new players should be.

"Daizy is 100% not a good person for this because she is in a clan while NOKI told me he will never join a clan ."

Thats 100% bullshit and a nice lowblow at daisy. Thanks for playing. While she is in a clan, she doesn't wear any tags. She's already an admin with the server so that means shes deffinatly trustworthy.

6. Sonata Arctica

Sonata Arctica Member

Hm, i thought @ clan runs the SteamFriends server....

And giving it to Daizy does not mean it belongs to JPL. And we have one public server, the other is used for Cyber's testing.

Daizy is the only one mature enoguh to raise the server. Cyber can be crazy at some times, and everyone else is just meh.and can't handle that much power. I think if @ clan runs it, it would be empty all the time.

Alternatively: let KEU run it, they don't have one of their own, and they're unbiased cause they hardly play the game except for Jephir and Killx.

7. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

I think it should stay as a training server but needs to the have standard emp settings.. None of that fast research or resource crap.. It also needs people willing to help and not ban or kick clan members for being on the winning team(wheedy).. It also should use reefers team stacking plug-in thing.

JPL can handle it and have lots of admins on all the time but if someone else gets it then hopefully they can do the same.

also I am more sexy

8. training server

training server Banned

im not familiar with that since ive been gone for a long time.
    But in the early days ive been thinking about countering team stacking by implementing a plugin that admins can trigger.

It should put all players in an array list in random positions (like a dice) and then assign the first one to NF, 2nd one to BE , 3rd to NF etc ...
    the script shouldnt think long about it to assign all 30+ players (< 1sec)

negative sides:
    - players that picked sides already and joined squads will have to rejoin and pick class and skill again
    - spectators will be put into the array too and might be afk for real, they just wont spawn but fills up a spot on a team
    - friends and clans will just base on luck to be on same team again
    - small chance that there is still a skillstack
    - could be annoying when admins trigger it again and again and less chance in the commander voting time to discuss commander or tactics and might miss the early "spawn and rush"-gameplay

9. bloodoath6136

bloodoath6136 Member

Lucifer says that if you don't give it to Daizy, you will become my new personal squeeky toy once you die and your soul dwells in my domain.

10. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

I think reef would better explain how it works but I can try :)

1. It doesn't make you switch teams
    2. I dunno
    3. There is like a buddy mode so you and a friend(s) can be on the same team
    4. Every match I played with it was epic and balanced
    5. I think its always on.. no trigger for it.. But a training server shouldn't have early rushes anyways..

Keep in mind that I was completely against it and closed minded when it came to a team balancer but I tried it and it really opened my mind to its positives.. I think its really important to have this on a training server.

11. training server

training server Banned

you missunderstood me :)
    i was explaining my idea of countering teamstack with a plugin like that and i was summing up the negative sides of my own idea, thats one of the reason i never started it

does sound like that reef plugin flushes all the negative points away from the plugin i had in my mind :)

and ... the 8th candidate joined the battle

12. Tea&Cookies

Tea&Cookies Member

Disregard the use of the team stacking plugin, Team stacking is a myth, and an excuse for one team losing to the other.

13. training server

training server Banned

welcome to candidate nr9

14. recon

recon SM Support Dev

@ does NOT run SteamFriends.

Re the insult about if @ runs it it'd be empty, I don't agree with that. Why? A few months ago, we stopped playing in the most popular server at the time which was Steam Friends, and now, I don't see any people playing there.

Re KEU, Why on earth would you give the server to people who never play?

On a general note, the server's population is really strong, I don't think that anyone except someone who was deliberately trying to could cause it to be "empty all the time". Console has done such a good job with the settings, everyone wants to play there.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2008
  15. Jcw87

Jcw87 Member

There IS such a thing as skill stacking, and it happens quite often. That is why you either end up on the team that rapes the other, or gets raped because nobody knows what the fuck to do. Rarely do you get a true gg. Reef's plugin increases the chance of a gg, because there will be skilled players on both sides.

16. recon

recon SM Support Dev

You hit the nail on the head there Jcw (only I'd use a different word then you did). Sometimes, I side with the team I know is going to get owned, but after doing that, I generally get sick of Empires really fast, and then join the other team next map...

Last edited: Jun 1, 2008
  17. @@@@ACE@@@@

@@@@ACE@@@@ Member

i like playing on the losing team cuz it makes me feel good to kill the be heavy s with my light tank

and i think @ would be a good candidate for the sever

18. Tea&Cookies

Tea&Cookies Member

Recon Stacking is an excuse for poor comming.

19. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

I think you guys are both right.. I've seen real stacks like 10 clanners vs 6 scouts from the start of a match.. And then I've seen even matches where one team thinks its gonna lose and then after a few people quit the game they bitch about stacks even tho it was balanced.. I like being on the less skilled team because I can kill endless amounts of tanks.. I usally get a higher score on a losing team then anyone on the winning team.. But its is always fun to be on my clans team when I want to do the team work thing..

Just take the name "training" out of it if thats not what its going to be..

20. Tea&Cookies

Tea&Cookies Member

Grapehead, Its the world of Online Gaming, If you worried about Clanstack get off the internet and get into LAN Party gaming. You'll never stop clan mates from teamimh without ruining the game.