The Squad that lives together, Stays together

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Vessboy, Jan 26, 2009.

1. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

but you know that you gain LOTS of points alone from being in a squad?

also:
    - no revive unless you are engineer.
    - no deployable spawnpoints other than barracks
    - no bf2 and above spawning at the squadleader (especially not this - imagine a hidden scout somewhere close to your cv - spawn one engi, and some rofles -> win)

not everything that can be done should be done. not everything other games do works in empires (mainly because of destructible bases)

and unrelated to the above post, a general thing - please guys, when suggesting things follow this sceme:
    • it all starts with a theory secreted by your brain. this alone is BY FAR not enough to post in the suggestion forums. if you cant memorize it, write it down somewhere else (notepad is your friend).
    • test your idea in actual games. this might seem odd as you cant just alter the game. but try to find as many situations as possible where your idea would be good/bad - alter your theory if necessary.
    • dont just think about how useful it would be for you, think about how useful it would be for your enemy and how you can defend yourself against it. (this is the most forgotten part in this forum)
    • at least one week should have passed by now, a month prolly would be better
    • start a new thread. post your pros and cons.
    • now your brain should enter a loop
      • reread thread
      • rethink usage and how to defend against it
      • if you are ok with it - at least reread once; if not alter your post - even better start from scratch.
    • if you needed less than an hour to post and rethink your suggestion it prolly has serious flaws. back into the loop!
    if you feel that is too complicated, or you didnt understand why i suggested this. please stay away from the suggestion forums competly :P

Last edited: Sep 28, 2009
  2. Sheepe

Sheepe Member

Yeah, but that takes time and nooooobody has patience these days...

3. flasche

well noone forces you to post here ;)

oh and sheepe the below part wasnt aimed at you.

and maybe i should have added: if you havent played the game for a couple of months, you prolly dont understand anything, even if your ego tells you different ...

Last edited: Sep 28, 2009
  4. Sheepe

Sheepe Member

The bottom part didn't exist when I first read it... actually the list didn't either, but I refreshed for the win

As for your list, it really should be stickied somewhere... it makes a lot of sense and while I have never followed it, it should help to improve stuff

5. flasche

hehe most of my posts, well at least the ones where i try to say something, take a couple of hours until im good with pressing the submit button :D

6. LordDz

LordDz Capitan Rainbow Flowers

//offtopic
    Phff! We've been waiting for blimbs/blimps and aircraft for a hell long time ;)
    //ontopic
    Nothing to say.

7. Empty

Empty Member

I'm glad someone still believes
    /wrists