The Politics Thread

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Paradox, Jan 27, 2017.

1. Kidpaler

Kidpaler Member

I agree, it shouldn't have a say to an extent, but I also don't think a baby on it's way out should be aborted. Put it up for foster care.

That being said, I do agree the English system or whatever Space_Oddity said is right down the center and that's what we should go for, but you either vote D and get abortion till birth or R and get nothing.

Also, classify an "Assault Rifle" please.

2. Space_Oddity

Space_Oddity The Shitstorm

In my eyes: any gun you can quickly kill a lot of people with. Again, bizarrely, the English system has it down right.

• Background and medical checks.
    • Weapons and ammo must be kept in separate locked cabinets.
    • Weapons cannot be of a concealable length (i.e. pistols have to have elongated barrels and stocks).
    • Nothing above a .22 can be semi-automatice, let alone fully automatic.

I'll admit I used to be staunchly no guns for nobody not nohow but these rules have been working for decades. It's also more inline with a core belief of mine which is that the prohibition of certain items (excluding people) is never effective - strict control is better. (i.e. regulate and tax, don't ban.)

3. A-z-K

A-z-K Member

I like guns, I don't see what was wrong with having everything stored at licensed ranges.
    That being said it isn't that hard to get a shotgun license here, even in central london.

4. Space_Oddity

Space_Oddity The Shitstorm

I'd have no problem with people having something a little bit more serious so long as the weapon itself had to be stored on the range and nowhere else. They can be deactivated and locked if they need to be transported and they should have some sort of LoJack too.

Basically I want a wooden stock Ak47.

5. Kidpaler

Kidpaler Member

I agree with the background and medical, however we already have background checks so.

I disagree with weapons and ammo being separate. A loaded gun allows you to deter a home intruder and there is no way to enforce this because cops can't just demand to go in someone's home and see if they are separate.

Concealment really isn't an issue. Most people who do go on "rampages" have the "assault rifles". And besides, a pistol doesn't deal much in terms of damage as they are INCREDIBLY INACCURATE.

NOTHING in the us is fully automatic unless it was made before, I believe, 1938 so the Tommy gun and those are fun as hell to shoot. If you want to own a full auto gun then you have to have an extremely expensive license.

Also, semi auto is fun to shoot. Look at me, part of a family of responsible gun owners who haven't shot up a public place.

6. A-z-K

A-z-K Member

Yet.... I've got my eye on you.

7. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

Seperation of church and state? More like combination of hypocricy and stupidity.

Everyone keeps saying shit about how religion shouldnt govern law and then you want laws based on your oppinions and beliefs.

Idiot americans make no sense at all.
    If you wanna seperate church and state the reason you dont want abortion shouldnt be cause my belief says so.
    The reason you dont want abortion should be cause you want to force your oppinions upon others.

See where Im going, litterally no GOOD reason to be against abortion.

Ranger likes this.
  8. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

It's not like the robber has anyway of knowing if the gun is loaded or not, so it's more of the "idea" of a gun that deters intruders then an actual loaded weapon. You're right about the enforcing thing, but to me I see it more of it making harder for a kid or someone else to get a loaded gun and potentially hurting someone. Going through 2 locked boxes is harder then 1 ya know? Assuming it's even locked, there's quite a few irresponsible people in the world.

9. Kidpaler

Kidpaler Member

Okay so, if there are 2 locked boxes that you have to go through to load your gun cause the law states no loaded guns, then the robber would know it's not loaded?

Wow, way to lump people together. The argument for pro-life is life begins at conception.

The argument for pro-abortion is life doesnt begin until birth.

You can throw religion out of this as well. Some people think it begins at conception because the organism begins developing then and others argue that it isn't until birth that the baby has any rights.

10. Paradox

Yeah but why do random idiots get to decide life starts at conception and force that idea upon others?

and the argument for pro abortion IS NOT that life doesnt begin until birth, its that you should fuck off and let them decide what to do themselfs with their own body. Way to lump up people together.

11. Kidpaler

Kidpaler Member

And why do random idiots get to decide it begins when the baby is fully born?

I support abortion, but if the baby can survive on it's own I don't think that's right.

12. Paradox

they dont, their argument is that they get to choose themselves cause their body is theirs.

13. Paradox

Just for the science facts, consciousness on its most basic level develops only after 20 weeks.

14. Paradox

So my point is, if you want to make a limit, make it 20 weeks unless the mom is going to die then it can be what ever the fuck.
    Because the mom is going to survive no matter what in most/all situations if u abort, but the odds of the baby surviving are most of the time less than ideal.

Anything that diverts from that is pure oppinion and people that are retarded.
    And basicly forcing your oppinions on to others, oppinions that arent validated by anything scientifically, or based on facts. Its pure beliefs which I mean, you can fuck off if you base your arguments on that.

15. Paradox

can you link me to any respectable pro abortion organisation that uses that stupid ass argument?

16. Paradox

So I googled pro choice arguments and opened the top 3 sites, none of them use your silly argument.

however when I googled anti abortion arguments the life starts at conception argument does pop up.

17. Kidpaler

Kidpaler Member

*Looks at my previous posts* *Looks at what Paradox posted* Holy shit, it's like I said that earlier.

18. Paradox

then why are you counter arguing with me with this
    "And why do random idiots get to decide it begins when the baby is fully born?"

19. Paradox

You mean if the baby can actually survive on its own? Or if it has to be hooked up on 3 machines to keep it alive?
    Cause I can guarantee you babies without life support born even 4 weeks to soon would wither and die.

If thats your argument abortion should be allowed uptill 36 weeks lol

20. Kidpaler

Kidpaler Member

If you look, I don't even think I was trying to argue. I was laying out what both sides believe but of course you come in here wanting to argue so you start an argument when there wasn't one in the first place.