The iPhone 5!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by McGyver, Sep 16, 2012.

1. McGyver

McGyver Experimental Pedagogue

unfortunately also a weight of 185g and 10,5 mm thick. I had it on my radar but i don't want to carry a brick around. Another missed opportunity for Nokia.

2. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

and i thought the :P behind the sentence would indicate non-seriousness sufficient enough ;)

3. w00kie

w00kie Mustachioed Mexican

Jimmy Kimmel can help you :)

I am still using my Nokia 6630. It turned 7 this January. I swore to myself not to buy a new phone until that thing is broken, now the only part that ever breaks is the battery :(

Last edited: Sep 17, 2012
  4. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

I said the same. But when my N95 did break a bit, I ended up fixing it. I realised it was so easy to fix any of the internal parts that if I stuck to never replacing it until it was broken, I'd be with the phone until I lost it. I think 5 years is good enough.

I want a note because I don't want a tablet, but I do want the functionality of a tablet. I want to be able to browse the web whilst watching the TV, without having to have my laptop. The Note's big screen allows me to do that properly, and I like having a stylus.

5. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

6. Trickster

7. WalMartGreeter

WalMartGreeter Member

Samsung Galaxy SIII or Motorola Razr Maxx would be my choice.

Galaxy has an amazing screen/camera quality, but you can use your Razr Maxx all day without recharging. I don't see the big deal with CPU performance and size resolution on phones. I would rather see them improve the camera, energy efficiency, and general build quality.

PS: If anything, make sure it is Verizon. At least in the Northeast US, Verizon is the only way to go.

8. Fooshi

Fooshi For fuck's sake Fooshi

But it will be worth every penny, right?

Seriously though. Samsung need to buttfuck Apple by cutting off their supply. They should have done so before the release of iPhone 5. Imagine the shitfest when all the Apple sheep will be complaining.

9. Hygrom

Hygrom Member

I quite enjoy my Samsung galaxy nexus.

10. Trickster

I don't know, Apple are getting more and more of a reputation with being asshats with regard to patents, so far, Samsung have avoided that. If they cut the supply off, you'd just end up with loads of butthurt applefags protesting like a muslim when Muhammed is insulted. The last thing we need is Apple acting like the victim.

11. ViroMan

ViroMan Black Hole (*sniff*) Bully

Samsung is under a binding contract to fulfill their obligation to provide the parts. If they(Samsung) cut off the parts flow because they are butt hurt, BOTH of them loose. Loose - loose situation. Apple is out the only quality and quantity provider it can possibly find and they HAVE been looking. Samsung is out of a lucrative contract AND they will no doubt have to pay a breaking contract fee. Now if apple comes to the board asking for another contract of parts from them... you KNOW Samsung is going to up the price due to the current apple shenanigans. I doubt this would happen though... I think apple would rather suffer facing inferior more expensive parts then crawl to Samsung for a contract. They would probably say... the new parts are even more magical and take more magic...er money and time to make.

12. -=]Kane[=-

-=]Kane[=- Member

Samsung isn't that much of a single big concern with one head but rather a concern with multiple buisness units doing their own thing, if anything samsung will up the prices for their parts, they make huge profits of the iphone, why stop?
    Not like the global market will shift suddenly towards samsung, samsung has about 6% of the global market worth of sales of mobile phones but if you count all the phone parts they are selling, it would be 16%, so being a wussy about a banned phone and wasting tons of invester money does seem a bit irresponsible.

13. McGyver

You do realize there is more to the cost of developing a smartphone than just the building parts summed up? :rolleyes:
    Altough, the price is the only negative thing about the iPhone 5. It's 679€ in Europe just for the 16GB model...

You sound like someone who would be very happy with an iPhone.

14. Trickster

Iphone 1, sure. By now, I can't really see it costing that much to develop when the Iphone 5 is the same as the 4S, which is the same as the 4, which is the same as 3GS.

15. -=]Kane[=-

-=]Kane[=- Member

Actually there's also an apple logo on it, big negative selling point for me, apple is absolutly sueing everyone with the most ridiculous cases and win with that shit, I wouldn't want to spend a single euro on such a companies products ...

16. McGyver

The apple logo is what brings me one step closer to the beautiful and rich people, just look at her. I have yet to see a model use an android.

17. D.D.D. Destroyer

Mad? Care to elaborate? I bet you don't even know anything about the game, assumed it's animefagfest, and went on to post that.

But yeah I'm switching to an Android phone, Apple feels overpriced and my friend is coding apps for the 'droid.

18. Trickster

It has anime, ergo it is an animefagfest.

19. D.D.D. Destroyer

It may indeed have loads of japanese songs, Nightcore remixes and Hatsune Miku and other vocaloids, but it also has proper music and some of your national bands.

It's like saying Empires is a ragefest, grieffest, or stackfest. True in some cases, biased as a general view.

20. Trickster

Did you just say My Chemical Romance are from Britain? Are you fucking kidding me? Get the fuck off my forums, that cancer does not belong to us.