The General League Discussion Thread (NO GURLZ!!!!!)

Discussion in 'Clans' started by Beerdude26, Mar 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Evan

Evan League Commissioner

at the very least each match involves 2 clans = 40

2. dizzyone

dizzyone I've been drinking, heavily

My bad, it's still a high estimate. You should probably base next season's win condition on the games played in this season, so if lets say the most active clan played 8 matches and the least (of the active clans) played around 3, that the win conditions are somewhere in between.

3. Evan

Evan League Commissioner

sounds like a good plan

4. dizzyone

Another thing I'd like to bring up is the Prematch phase in the rules.

It needs to include something on declaring a noshow, how long a clan has to wait untill they can declare a noshow from the opposing clan and guidelines on waiting for players to join the server, preferably something a long the lines of making it clear that the map starts when both teams are ready. This could clear up some confusion (from last season) where I myself accidently joined the CW team not knowing they were doing tactics(note: a cw member was on our team the whole time). In a different scrim we played against CW, that was not played inside of the league, but I'm bringing it up because in that game it was not clear when the game was started and whether we were still doing a warmup. This stuff shouldn't happen in the league, not even once. The prematch phase should have a clear rule on when the game starts counting down the 3 minutes.

Something a long the line of having a warmup phase to gather players, then the map is reloaded when the clan leader or whoever says their clan is ready.

5. tkeracer619

tkeracer619 Member

Did Evan make a new rule?

6. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

Here are the facts about that.. halfway through our 2nd match with CW the server "randomly" changed maps.. :rolleyes:

Someone said it must of been the bad challenges as seen in the logs

Sure seems like an awful lot of "misunderstandings" too me... I could care less who the league owner is but you can't be pulling shit like that to give your clan a second chance after they clearly dug them self a hole.. You and kuma agreed that CW was making dumb mistakes right before the magic map change.. And if your not willing to listen to the majority of peoples requests then why should they bother to play in it?

Last edited: Mar 14, 2008
  7. cpugeek

cpugeek Member

You know, i haven't been following all this drama exactly, but it seems to me like you guys are forgetting what the league is all about. Its about having nice, competitive matches for a game that you all love. I don't understand why there is so much complaining and boycotting. Sure, you want to have completely fair rules and a perfect system, but it would take forever to figure that all out and, i mean, you have to play the game sometime. I think one of the big problems is that Evan is seemingly the only person running the league. He can give in to all your demands, but in the end he will always be bitched at. I do think that he should have invited more clans to the league though. The more clans that are involved, the more interesting the league will be. I think it would be nice to somehow implement a system that would let clans enter mid-season. I'm very disappointed that bsid decided not to participate. I think it gives the clan a bad image. If clans are gonna not participate because all the rules aren't exactly the way they want, then there will be no league.

8. dizzyone

Although allowing clans to join mid-season would be nice, theres not enough clans for it to matter. The league should've been kept simple, more games less hassle; season 1 was the exact opposite of keeping it simple.

9. Thor

Thor Member

Being IN the league gives us a bad image. Once the league is stabilized, has competent administrators and has a greater number of clans, we will take part once again.

10. Opie

Opie Member

First, you need to read my post and tell me again why the league is doing so poorly. Secondly, you need to read the other "season 2" thread and see where Evan asked Krenzo to create a General league discussion thread and not accuse him :)

Who has posted shit about the league? Who? I made a recommendation change to add non-comm maps. Evan said no wai. I questioned why he gets to just decide on such things. People went back and forth, Evan and KT come up with a compromise. I post a big post about why I do not like Evan being in charge no full of opinions but facts of what has transpired.

You need to listen to more people. And read my post. You can not seriously read that and think there is no problem. There are A LOT of people who have a problem with Evan in this league. Just because I am only one of a few to state it here, doesn't mean it is not A LOT of people.

I seriously don't get some of you people. These are not attacks on Evan, these are facts of what he has done, too many damn coincidences. It is not even him not listening to people, it is his attempts to change outcomes of games. When someone tries to change the rules (multiple times now) and declare total dictatorship and not listen. This is where the fun has gone. You also should read my big post from earlier. A lot of people are like, BSID sucks for not participating, without any idea what has happened.

And wow dubee, I did not know that.

Should have done that first.

Why do these PUGS need to be so complicated? Why does software need to made? Keep it simple.

11. davee magee

davee magee Member

should'a would'a could'a never solved anything.
    Can a mod clean this thread up of anything that attacks Evan please?

(i.e. leave normal league discussion in.)

12. Dragoon

Dragoon Member

LoL, but it was a very interesting, informative and revealing post. Gave some insightful thoughts about the league.

13. Opie

Opie Member

Should'a would'a could'a never solved anything when people don't listen.

There are no attacks on Evan here. Everything there is true and what has happened in the league, so it totally relevant. Did anyone call him stupid or something along those lines? IF so, those should be removed. All I have seen is stated facts. You guys are acting like nothing happened and I am just personally attacking him. No this is all true and really happened, and you ignore it.

14. MobileKT

MobileKT Member

I can't even keep up

15. Evan

Evan League Commissioner

I don't see what opie is trying to accomplish

I went to bed and it looks like he's been up all night posting

16. davee magee

davee magee Member

That sounds alot like a contradiction.

and its not that i dont agree with what your saying, its that i dont feel anything productive will come from saying it.

I like the league as it is now, and all i see coming from your mouth is angry comments about how Evan doesnt lisen to suggestions.
    although there surrounded in other gabble about things evans done wrong

*power edit*

and....
    how does that help now?
    do you want us to stop the league?

I like the first sentence, and i agree with it. But the rest is a bit dodgy. (no personal atacks eh?)

elaborate please?

what does this refer to?

i agree, it should have been made after the chance of elimiation had passed

if the problem was solved, why are you talking about it, apart from to highlight evans fault? (another personal attack?)

Another referal to Evan. Although your right about the vagueness, why not ask a differnent ref?

Your completely right in this respect, he was wrong to do what he did. It wasnt funny, and he should have known you would react in this way (if it really was meant to be a joke).

an honest OPINION. <-- note the opinion part

i agree, but the second sentence is another contradiction.

ahhhh...

thats better

17. Opie

Opie Member

My last post last night:Yesterday, 07:59 PM
    My first post this morning: Today, 09:28 AM
    Difference of 13 hour and 1/2 hours.
    My replies since you have gone to sleep, 2

Your last post last night:Today, 01:15 AM
    Your first post this morning:Today, 11:12 AM
    Difference of 10 hours.
    Your replies since I have gone to sleep, 9

:p

I am trying to post the whole story in a place where all can see.

Oh okay, well thing is, I don't know if it will continue or not. We can not be sure if the match restart was purposeful or not. How can we be certain there will no more rule changes?

I also like the battling format of the league a lot better now then before. The angry comments come from the other thread. I made a suggestion that Evan didn't like and it he tried to shoot it down. Due to someone changing their mind he resetted the vote and seem to be all for the vote (or else why would he reset the vote) while his option was winning. Once my option was winning again he started saying that the league was never like this and will never be like this. I questioned his authority to make such rulings when the only other referee to have stated his opinion agreed with me. And the questioning of his authority brought all this up because people were attacking me and my clan (half of which did not agree with me and had sided with Evan on this topic), because I was questioning his power to do so (or so how I interpreted it).

No, I want the abuses to stop. And like I said, we have no idea what happened with that server.

I guess we have different opinions what a personal attack is. I consider calling someone a retard, stupid.. etc. (and meaning it) as personal attack. I feel all people are responsible for what they do and should never be ashamed to list what they have done, and listing what they have done not as a personal attack. Many people have formed opinions about this situation not knowing the whole story and meant to inform them.

Started with the rolling of the di to see who gets to go first. BSID rolled the highest, then JPL then SEEU and CW rolled the lowest. All of BSID was in our vent joking around, lol evan is going to let CW go first cuz they rolled lowest... but then he said "CW goes first". We were honestly like wtf? Evan did cede and said okay BSID goes first, I was only joking. The same excuse he used later in example 6.

The clans voted so that if a capital of a team was taken, that team would be eliminated. BSID presented this because in order to capture the whole map, the season would last forever and the league would not see a finish. Evan was initially in agreement and everyone was happy. He then came back later and said this would not work and we asked him why? All the clans were happy with it.

Problem with that is, it was not ready. He HAD to change the rules, I agree with that. But it should have been done a lot earlier (not the day a clan that CW would like to eliminate could be eliminated) and JPL should have at least been informed. I had to do it. I had to inform JPL of the change.

As far as we were concerned, they had challenged us (in the forums and in detail through personal communication) and we should get their territory because of forfeit. When they decided they would have to forfeit to us, they told us and we told Evan the night before. He did not believe us on the details and told us it would not count and did nothing to try to confirm this with SEEU. By luck we found dk_head ('cause he is never on) and told him. The problem here is the interpretation of the rules that were in place. They challenged us, and could not field a team, therefore they forfeit, we get their territory. Except, those were not the rules that were going to be applied to us.
    Evan was the referee in-game while we waited for SEEU to find people (what was it about an hour?) That is why I asked him.

This is the biggest problem of them all. All of the others I could have continued to allowed to ignore. The others would not be a problem if it were not for this thing. I could have believed that the first one was a joke, I could have believed the third one was a missight, that the forth one he was just not paying attention despite the VERY suspicious comments answering my question while speccing the match. It was not meant to be a joke, it was a deliberate attempt to change the rules right in front of me, and tell me I was wrong about them. Not only did he tell me I was wrong, he changed the damn rules to comply with his ruling on a whim, which is inexcusable. Not an apology, not a discussion on the matter. When people asked him about it, he said it was a joke with me, but it was not he was trying to save himself, make it look like he is still the good guy. It was swept away like it never happened. This is why I have lost confidence in his ability to lead the league. Much of this was indeed last season, but what about now. If he was willing to change the rules, why would it not look suspicious when a server is restarted when your team started off bad. When was the last time someone else has seen a server just restart? We can not be confident either way. (Now there may be a personal attack there, that last paragraph and all, less facts)

Like I said, difference of opinions of what I think an attack is, except that last paragraph where I try to connect all the dots.

Isn't it tho, cheers.

18. Evan

Evan League Commissioner

Again, what are you trying to accomplish?

19. Opie

Opie Member

People don't know the whole story.

In that post I first showed you how you were wrong about that statement you made about me staying up all night. The I tried to respond to davee's inquiries.

20. cpugeek

cpugeek Member

Perhaps the best solution is for a couple more people to step up and help evan lead the league. I'm not necessarily saying there has to be a hierarchical leadership, but i think a group would be able to make better decisions together.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.