Tactics that wreck this game !

Discussion in 'General' started by JustGoFly, Apr 23, 2013.

1. .:.HeXi.:. emcalex329

.:.HeXi.:. emcalex329 Member

Because the OP hasn't played long enough to actually learn the game well enough to see that these strategies are piss-easy to counter.

Also, FN, has it ever occurred to you that some people don't have English as their first language (myself technically included)? So we end up having this bullshit where you call out Security for having bad grammar or w/e, and then you call me out on using grammar properly; I know that that was unrelated, but I thought I might as well throw it out there.

2. FN198

FN198 Member

and my point is that he's not alone. the abundance of experienced 'regulars' that sgtsecurity is depending on to exist, is exaggerated if not simply non-existent.
    lets make things clear, hexi. it's not that sgtsecurity has bad grammar, well kind of... primarily it's that he has to shit on every assertion he makes by turning it into an attack.

hexi, i could care less about your command of grammar or lack thereof. i don't doubt you understand grammar. it's style that i'm talking about. i loathe your style because it's terribly contrived. when you type like you do, it reminds me of fedora wearing vest clad neckbeards with monocles spewing shit like m'lady.

3. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

Attack, really?
    Would you please stop "introducing" yourself?
    To be honest, pretty much every time you bitch at other people for they being *fill w/e negative shit in here*, you forgot that you are *fill w/e negative shit in here* TOO.

My assertion might be sharp, but I still tried my best to not use those offensive/teasing words. Unless you started it, of course.

You on the other hand? It's practically impossible for you to NOT include any offensive/teasing words in your reply toward those who oppose you, if you failed to notice this yourself.
    And for most of these replies, there isn't any valid point, so it's just pure bitchness.

And now your reply...really?
    This might be too much, but I am seriously starting to wonder if you have Schizophrenia, no joking.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2013
  4. FN198

FN198 Member

no, security. i don't make attacks, i state the truth. you on the other hand try so hard to shit on other people that it clouds whatever statement you're trying to make.

5. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

To actually answer the question FN needlessly stated before, in the past weeks I always had over 40% of my team consisting of regulars/vets who know how to deal with infiltrators.

Also, I respect people who deserve it in my eyes. It means that most actually do get my respect. With a few notable exceptions.

6. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

You don't make attacks?
    You have a rather juvenile obsession with superfluously insulting whomever disagrees with you. This sounds familiar right?

I can post 10 whole pages of you being "not stating truth(sometimes not even stating a point) but stating purely offensive shit."
    Just roll through your past replies and you'd see a lot, but you probably think you ALWAYS stated truth.
    But hey, let's not even talk about if your statement is true or not.
    You made a lot of attacks, and yes, you aren't awared of this even now.

7. FN198

FN198 Member

looks like a clearly worded statement of truth to me.

i said this before and i'll say it again, i don't make attacks. apparently, however, i am an attack to you. i suggest you fix your insecurities (no pun intended) and quit thread shitting with your yellow text. you know i use light forum anyways.

8. .:.HeXi.:. emcalex329

Well, regardless of whether or not you think my writing contrived, I do naturally write like this.

9. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

"You use light forums" and "How yellow hurts your eyes in light forums", Oh I am sorry I am busy with my mid-terms recently, I can't be arsed to pay attention to useless info.

I had to start marking with colors because I understand one might overlook my points, and this has happened for a lot of times.

And.....in case you don't know, it's up to other people to decide whether you are being offensive or not.

10. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

@Security; I agree that it was easier to ninja before (imo), but I don't really think you're right about killspawning, unless you're talking about 1.071 or pre that. In testing (admittedly at RC 16 or so) is when I started learning the game and killspawning was really quite prevalent...unless there was a sharp increase in it during that time that I was unaware of (which is possible, since I was learning).

However, I do miss being able to take out whole bases rather quickly as engy, which I actually did quite a number of times quite effectively. Probably hard to believe for anyone who's seen me play post 2.12 :p I think that was a contributing factor to why ninja-ing was easier, though lots of counter strategies, really basic ones that we use regularly today, were put into action in that period.

@Metal Smith; Always hated that ridge in cyc. There was simply no point for that massive advantage and it was hella-trouble to break down. Regarding slaughtered though... I always liked that map, but it's not really for veteran teams. It's a pub map, for people who don't know all the shortcuts, and it's super effective getting people (newbies especially) to work together on that map. That being said... only two avenues for combat and one of those being easily disposed of is a terribad idea. And the fact that BE refs could be hit from NF bases, also terrible.

Maybe the entirety of the water on that map is pointless. Though lovely, it adds a barrier which effectively destroys the map and renders a lot of the strategic elements useless.

11. FN198

FN198 Member

if you guys are talking about how cv's had less hp pre 2.2 then sure, the cv was easier to kill back then. ninja'ing is not quite the killing of the cv. when i'm talking about ninja'ing, i'm talking about the ability to infiltrate a base undetected.

back then there were multi-targets and if the commander was at least somewhat intelligent, they would be able to mark the ninja quite easily. the one exception being that it was a hidden scout (2.0 and onward, before 2.0 it was even harder to ninja because the commander was capable of targeting anything any everything within a certain distance of a friendly player, building or even abandoned vehicle.). not to mention if you were targeted <2.3 you were targeted until you died or the unit assigned your target was reassigned a different target.

and you say ninjaing was easier back then

now not even turrets allow you to target or even see enemies. if players are targeted, their target blinks and quickly vanishes. trickster himself even referred to this change as important for easing the difficulty of and preserving ninja gameplay in the mod.

and you say ninjaing is harder now

i don't buy it.

12. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

Multi-targetting was much less used in earlier testing. Pre 2.0 I don't really know about since most of the games I played in 1.071 were sparsely populated.

Edit: I could also pretty much walk into any base undetected with my level of stealth. When you're talking about targets you are only talking about the commander, and you have to remember in those days it was much more deadly having Opie driving around than marking. It was really later that it became a minefield of targets. At least...I could circumvent a battle most of the time, even on something like SoF.

13. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

Ok, I'm sorry to interrupt the balance of this little circle jerk but it does in fact appear that some Jimmies have been rustled.

Seriously FN, do you feel that insecure about your lack of talents that you have to start PMing Security over the forum with:

It's a little desperate. It would be nice if one could argue reality into line with your own delusions, but no wall of text on a forum is going to stop you from being a shitty player.

[​IMG]

14. urethra franklin

urethra franklin Member

Everyone knows I'm better than both of them anyway it's kind of pathetic really

15. Candles

Candles CAPTAIN CANDLES, DUN DUN DUN, DUN DUN DUN DUN.

Oh shit Trickster laid the smackdown.

16. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

urethra franklin for MVP 2013

17. ImSpartacus

ImSpartacus nerf spec plz

18. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

This last year or 2 I've really tried to stay out of this kind of thing, but sometimes opportunities present themselves that I just cannot pass up.

19. FN198

FN198 Member

please, the only thing reality does is reinforce my perspective. where do you get off telling someone else that they don't have any talents anyways? you're don't seem too anxious about your self and i surely have no insecurities here either. making you get all hot over security getting the elitism slapped out of him actually took very little effort. i place a very high value on effort, however...

empiresmod is just one tiny part of our lives. well i speak for myself right there actually. you're the fucking lead dev. anyways, although it's just a game and it really doesn't matter, security's still not as good as i am at playing it
    and that's the bottom line, because stone cold said so

any opinions to the contrary are pending a video game duel in video game world.

i don't think you understand that while i care about this game so much, it ever hurting me is simply impossible. while security or you feel afraid to put yourselves on the line when you're threatened or let alone even see that line, i live on that line, and i love being alive. we can be friends or we can be assholes, but video games are video games. if security has a problem with being below my skill level then he can work on improving himself and feel better. if you think i'm bad, you can duel me and get your shit pushed in. if you win, so be it. you can beat me at a video game.

i guess my point is that you crossed the line when you turned a video game argument into a personal insult. unlike security, i can take it without getting hurt. nevertheless, its sadly characteristic of your lack of maturity.

20. .:.HeXi.:. emcalex329

You seem to waste an awful amount of breath in claiming that this game means relatively little to you.

Also, what the fuck is all this shit about duels? Furthermore, you have no evidence to corroborate your assertion that you're actually better than Security in every manageable way.