Tactics that wreck this game !

Discussion in 'General' started by JustGoFly, Apr 23, 2013.

1. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

idk, most scrims I've played felt just like pubs except there was a lot more communication and organization, but in the end it was the same stuff: Go to ruins, get dam ref, capture city, barracks obama A5, etc. The only extra stuff would be 'funny' tactics that clans would sometimes do that would catch the opposing team by surprise the first time but never again any other time. I just think that no one has ever properly developed a metagame for empires before that allows someone to take many different routes to try and get a victory. That or I only ever played in chill clans.

You are correct. I am trying to feed the monkey that codes this game with drama.

Aww man, I knew I needed to add more vague-powder to it.

2. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

Well, you know, it's like this in most games. Starcraft: at start you get workers, a supply depot, then the barracks, then maybe some units, then it goes ape-shit. In CS, you spawn, you buy your gear, you get out of the spawn area, it goes ape-shit. In shitty MOBA games you pick the character, enter the game, pick your first items, go to your lane, wait for mobs, it goes ape-shit.

The basics are always the same, it's the things on top of them that make it different. Have you seen any UGL APCs destroy an entire base uncontested in pub games recently? Because it keeps happening - people have no clue how to go about with this problem. Do you know what happens to UGL APC rushes in scrims?

They blow up superfast, some even before the alert goes out to the team.

3. .:.HeXi.:. emcalex329

.:.HeXi.:. emcalex329 Member

I don't see what's so difficult to understand here.

That is literally the way I write naturally; to simplify that would create a style that may feel even more effected and create more conscious effort for me. I'm not trying to "sound intelligent" or whatever you're accusing me of doing, so much as I'm writing whatever first comes to mind.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2013
  4. McGyver

McGyver Experimental Pedagogue

Life is hard for us smart people. :cry:

5. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

Pretty much that you play in shitty clans. EPIC now has a whole host of different starts we can go with, different plays we're all aware of, etc. Not to mention that we have pretty specific battlefield movement plots, squad overlaps, rotations etc.

But to be fair, that only comes from having played together for so long that we get a lot of stuff done silently (i.e. no communication) where other teams might need the comms to do that, which can make things very difficult to organise when everyone is talking over mic.

The other thing is that in scrims, if I order something, all the squad leaders tend to repeat the exact same thing I just said, because most of their squad members just naturally filter out the voice of anyone not in their squad. Honestly, once you have more free comm channels, the possibilities really do become endless.

6. aaaaaa50

aaaaaa50 Member

:eek: Shit, that almost makes me want to try playing Empires again. Like, seriously spend more than a couple hours and everything.

7. communism

communism poof

fn making some friends as usual, i see

8. PredatoR[HUN]

PredatoR[HUN] Member

How did I miss all this drama? omnomnom

Also:
    This is because you've picked all the op heroes up and fn is left with scrubs.

Fn has been outpicked since forever, gg.

9. FN198

FN198 Member

your opposition is just as skilled as you. we're just clumsy

10. Trickster

That's absolutely laughable. Pred has the point there, EPIC has pretty much all of the best players, most other ones left aren't really capable of playing at the top level.

11. BigTeef

BigTeef Bootleg Headshot master

AND YOU HAVE A EGO, AND YOU HAVE AN EGO

EVERYONE HAS AN EGGOOO

[​IMG]

12. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

EPIC produced too much cakes, couldn't resist.

If we are having some small 13v13 scrims, I believe non-EPIC players can still form an allstar team and play the scrims nicely with us.

But we have cake squad :D

13. FN198

FN198 Member

not so. who of your players are better than dembil, harryhoot1, hopfi, or nj? and they're just our more established players. the consortium has been lucky to enjoy an infusion of new skill as of late.

14. Trickster

People need to learn (or not, they can continue losing for all I care) that a player's skill isn't just about how well they kill shit, but about their leadership and teamwork abilities. At the same time though, the amount of raw skill we have in players such as Pdezzi, Disposable Hero, Predator and countless others is just too numerous for others to compete with. Where other teams can field maybe 2-3 of the players you kind of look at and go "yeah, they could be a problem", we can field over 50% of our team at that level. On top of that, we have supports that actually do their job and don't just want KPD glory, so the impact of our best players is amplified several times over.

Dembil is average tier.

Harryhoot is a good rifleman. Pdezzi (Herbie), Disposable Hero, Security, YouzY, enDs, Tiberium, Retrofade and Zeke are all equal or better. Mostly better.

NJ is a good Grenadier. Hopfi is a far better Grenadier. Predator, Mash and Scythe (Mr Incognito) are all far far better than NJ, and equal to, if not better than Hopfi. Pdezzi is probably in there too depending on which class he's focusing on at the time. Having said that, I have huge respect for Hopfi's level of play, and I'd accept him in a heartbeat. He's still one of the "ones that got away" for me, and I always felt he'd have fit in really well with us.

One thing I want to point out is that virtually every player who plays with EPIC becomes far better once they start playing regularly with us. I've yet to come across a player who didn't majorly raise their game when surrounded by people playing at such a high level. Chances are that if I took any of those players into EPIC, they'd become far more effective players in a short space of time. I wouldn't accept any of those except Hopfi, who sadly rejected me when I invited him (I'm still sad about that). I'm sure Hopfi could have become even better if he was playing with us.

Last edited: May 13, 2013
  15. FN198

FN198 Member

good job!

16. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

Rifleman, for those you mentioned, IMO
    Herbie,Harryhoot -->S++
    Disposable YouzY Hopfi Mash NJ--> S+
    Retrofade Tiberium enDs Predator Zeke --> S

I don't think Hopfi Predator Mash are "far" better than NJ as Gren, probably just slightly better or equally good.

Just IMO.

17. Señor_Awesome

Señor_Awesome Member

ITT: Mine is better than yours.

18. D.D.D. Destroyer

inb4 urethra franklin comes in sand says "mines OP"

19. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

Hey, its skill circlejerk time again.

All aboard the imminent hate train.

20. D.D.D. Destroyer

I like to play as hide sniper but it's okay with you guys because I'm a good member of your community right? Right?