Stepping on a mine feels GRRRRRRRRRRREAT

Discussion in 'Archive' started by FN198, Mar 21, 2011.

1. Vitaly

Vitaly Member

One of the commanders I've had threatens to deconstruct the main base if we don't go with his plans (usually involving early rushing). Lawliet or something like that (or was it headshot master? I think both). Nazi coms exist.

2. FN198

FN198 Member

3. aaaaaa50

aaaaaa50 Member

[​IMG][​IMG]

Bad trolls, bad! Go away! :p

Last edited: Apr 5, 2011
  4. Metal Smith

Metal Smith Member

So yeah, just disable enemy infantry going into the the wrong teams barracks. Make it a safe spot. Disable calcs inside the barracks.

5. Empty

Empty Member

you're a fuckwit

6. Haji with a handgun

Haji with a handgun Member

+1

<filler>

7. Metal Smith

Metal Smith Member

I can't imagine what a day without empty's maturity would bring on these forums.

8. Empty

Empty Member

I tried reasoning with you repeatedly and in fact I'm pretty sure I've listed both far more reasons and far better points than you multiple times in different threads on this subject, so basically I'm done arguing the point and I'm just going to speak my mind:
    You're a fuckwit.

If you think making barracks non-repairable from inside and inaccessible to enemy forces is a good idea:
    You
    Are
    A
    Fuckwit.

9. Metal Smith

Metal Smith Member

If you think that my idea will get in because you can't reason with me,

You
    Are
    A
    Fuckwit.

If you think that anyone who you can't make to see your point of view is a fuckwit,

You are an immature prick.

Get the fuck over yourself.

10. Empty

Empty Member

If you think that my idea will get in because you can't reason with me,

You
    Are
    A
    Fuckwit.

If you think that anyone who you can't make to see your point of view is a fuckwit,

You are an immature prick.

Get the fuck over yourself.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2011
  11. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

kids, behave ... :rolleyes:

12. aaaaaa50

aaaaaa50 Member

Reading this thread is like stepping into a metaphorical minefield. Press reply, be exploded. :rage:

13. Metal Smith

Metal Smith Member

I just don't understand why you feel that insulting me personally is a great response to a thought.

Hell, even mootant refrains from calling me a dumbass. He just tells me an idea is retarded.

Again, I don't see how players having to leave the barracks is a bad thing in any way, shape, or form. Thus, the idea would have no problems. Your issue seems to be around the idea that the barracks should function as something you can hide in or what not. I disagree with this, and thus, your whole argument against my idea is moot point in my eyes. At this point I ended the conversation. I brought it up again as a joke and you exploded in my face.

Thus I say, grow the fuck up you 12 year old troll.

14. dizzyone

dizzyone I've been drinking, heavily

I'm actually interested in why it makes you a fuckwit. I don't like the idea, or think it is a good one. But I'd like to know, is it because it's you, and not because the idea isn't very good?

15. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

hypocrite.

your idea isn't that great of a fix too.

16. Metal Smith

Metal Smith Member

The idea shouldn't make the person any more or less of a person. If the idea is retarded, that's fine. I don't care, I have lots of them (retarded ideas). But how does that make me a "fuckwit"?

Hell, the discussion earlier was plenty civil, despite we both strongly disagreeing and not accepting eachothers views. Why, to a sarcastic post, did you feel it was necessary to insult me for no reason?

17. Empty

Empty Member

You're a fuckwit because you refuse to acknowledge your idea changes nothing and requires lots of work.

Do some basic cost-benefit analysis ffs.

18. Metal Smith

Metal Smith Member

Pushing all the action outside of the barracks prevents people from whining that they died in the barracks or were spawn killed. It solves the whole issue of mines in the barracks as well as melee upgrade in the barracks and all that other annoying shit that puts people off, while at the same time making it possible to kill the barracks by cleverly attacking it from all sides. Forcing engineers to be in a position where they might actually be exposed without running into the beehive, as it were, is something that might help facilitate tactics and gameplace, unlike what 5 engies with repair upgrade does at the moment.

It changes many things and the amount of work is unknown to me, though I don't imagine it to be as much as you seem to think it is.

My job isn't to make cost-benefit analysis when making decisions on what to implement into the game. Hell, I don't make decisions on what to implement in the game. That means that all that cost analysis is pretty pointless for me to do. If someone with a decent vocabulary and considerable more age and / or experience, or even possibly someone who codes or models for empires, wants to come here and tell me that the work required to make such a thing possible was way too high, I'd most certainly acknowledge their expert opinion. But as none of this has to do with lagging my computer, I don't trust your opinion.

19. Empty

Empty Member

1) You can't get spawn camped due to spawn protection, unless you're retarded you should usually be able to kill an infantryman in a barracks.
    2) Forcing engineers out of a barracks to repair it will make it indefensible, barracks will be basically useless on the frontline because you won't be able to keep them up. Not to mention how ludicrously effective HE will become since all infantry will be outside the barracks completely exposed.
    3) Less effective forward raxes means more walking time which means bored players which is fucking annoying, I'd rather get spawnkilled than have to spend 40+ seconds walking to the fight.
    4) It is your job to persuade developers to implement your ideas, if you don't think about the costs and the benefits of the decision you obviously don't give a crap whether it's in or not, so why the fuck should the devs give two shits about your idea that you spent 10 seconds on and then posted on the forums?

20. dizzyone

dizzyone I've been drinking, heavily

This. You're a fuckwit, Metal Smith.

EDIT by b26: /sarcasm