Stepping on a mine feels GRRRRRRRRRRREAT

Discussion in 'Archive' started by FN198, Mar 21, 2011.

1. FN198

FN198 Member

Beerdude26: I split this from the original thread because I wanted to maintain the illusion that we're not all batshit insane and have played this game for far too long and like to obsess over ridiculously unimportant gameplay elements

They're called walls. If you can't be bothered to ask for your team/comm to drop them for you or god forbid drop your own then I can't say I have any sympathy for you.

How about this one?
    Easy solution - Spawn at a safer barracks.

Everything is fair game in empires as this is a game of total annihilation. Anything and everything you can do to thwart your enemy within the bounds of non-cheating is allowed and encouraged. Think strategically and use your head when making decisions and you will be rewarded.

2. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

Just because you're the king of hipsters doesn't mean you should be a total asshole

Hilariously bad argument.

3. dizzyone

dizzyone I've been drinking, heavily

Fabulously bad argument.

4. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

fixed.

5. FN198

FN198 Member

oh and yours is super fab superior? please beer-boy do enlighten me to the foot rub rendition of empires you argue so well for!

I apologize if I come off as an asshole. I admit I am very defensive of an Empires that relies on players working together. I am offended by people who suggest that we make the game less dependent on teamwork or cooperation and I will on occasion lash out at them.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2011
  6. Arrow

Arrow Member

The game needs things to do when you're on your own though. Most people will be like me, except they won't bother signing up for the forums, or getting a mic, or anything like that. They'll just show up and start playing. If they don't have fun, they'll quit. No, it's not fair but that's how most players move on games.

7. FN198

FN198 Member

When I was new I sought advice on how to get better at the game. I played many games and lost, but I played some games and won. I would get mowed down by more experienced players often but instead of claiming the game was unfair or poorly designed, I knew that they were like me once and I observed their techniques, decisions and tried to emulate. Eventually I became more skilled and games became more fast paced, more comprehensible.

'Things to do when you're on your own'

Try playing the commander role

Empires is a game when you're never on your own unless you ignore people. There is always a job for you to be doing for a teammate. The whole is greater than the sum of its parts and Empires gameplay is a perfect testament to that. If playing with yourself is just as fun as doing things with your team, why not only seek out the more convenient method of satisfaction? masturbation

edit:
    the forums are bullshit, they mean nothing to people in-game and i myself didn't register till a month or two after i started playing

8. A-z-K

A-z-K Member

<troll>
    Given the prevalence of circle jerking I would say that even masturbation in Empires requires teamwork.
    </troll>
    Pre-edit: Sorry, couldn't help myself.

9. LordDz

LordDz Capitan Rainbow Flowers

It's called spectator, they'll help ya with it.

10. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

Try not to take the forums seriously Arrow. Certain people will help, but a lot won't and you have to just negotiate it...like a minefield :p

One thing I will say about mines in a barracks is that on both the NF and BE raxes there is a dividing partition between the entrances and the main spawn area - this is to prevent the ease of shelling the interior spawn area.

Anyway, it might not be a bad idea if we could restrict mines to that area, because still after all this time, i'm not finding it great putting mines exactly where people warp in to spawn. I'm not against mining a spawn actually, but perhaps there should be just a small zone of denial. Heh, you could even draw one of those hostage rescue zone boxes to denote it :D

11. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

as much fun all tactics that revolve around entering the barracks might be, i have to agree that they probably are not so good for gameplay - it most of the time (and sabotage really is the only exception) simply is whats considered spawncamping in almost any FPS there is and should be countered in a future patch (aka make the spawnpoint inacessible for the enemy)

also that two walls in raxes doesnt really prevent you from spamming explosives (mortar, nades or tankshells) into the rax like it might have been intended ;)

12. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

Arrow, please dont listen to the people with ranks like forum trolls, they'll just make your life miserable. Uhm I agree on most of what you said except 2 things.
    Sandwalls = bad, you should work together in squads, squadplay is one of the best gameplay you'll get if done right.

bases at intersection, this is very needed in empires, the more bases the better, you want to have as much ground as you want so you have multiple forward spawns etc.

13. FN198

FN198 Member

WOW never have i seen so many shitposts in the same thread. flasche, ikalx please tell me you are trolling

14. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

Welcome to empires! Ignore anyone from Europe and all Dev's from Australia.

15. flasche

yes lets start to hate on a nationalist basis, isnt it time for ww3(4?) anyway? perfect idea dubee, i gratulate to this, im sure, american conclusions ...

16. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

I luv how americans have such a big ego

17. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

Well, we created the internet and airplanes.

lol and I love how you guys think I am actually serious and base all of America on my trolling.

18. flasche

sry im to dumb to get it im from europe durr

19. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

suck it, it meaning my dick.. :D

Actually your exempt flasche, I like you, you don't fall into the catagory.. Actually its really only zeke.. So everyone is exempt from Europe.

20. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

It's hard to tell which part of you is serious, Dubee, if any.

It's still pretty annoying too, I have to say.

And FN, no i'm not joking, placing mines at someones feet of where they exactly spawn isn't exactly a good gameplay facet. Having to defuse mines where people are spawning isn't really the best thing in the world. I'm not against spawn point mining, like I said, I just think it ain't great to have people spawn and die within a foot of spawning.

Let's face it, not everyone is going to know how to combat that.

For some reason those two posts coming together has annoyed me intensely.