Squad revive costs the number of dead people +1.

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Z100000M, Dec 2, 2014.

1. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

More like quickrete

2. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

I don't get the hate for heal, I spam that crap when my squad is making a push. Alive guys are gonna shoot more bullets then a dead one.

And yes, if there was some magical way to push corpses to the outside of buildings that would be magical. It is getting kinda old saying, "oh no, you fell through the completely solid floor, better luck next time."

3. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

Perhaps buffing armour and damage squadpowers by like, 5 percentile points, would make them see more use? Recon and hide are situational like the entire scout business, but those two...

4. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

The engineer still doesn't need both revive and heal, tbh. Rifleman squad leaders, lacking all ability to heal their teammates (and selves) may find it more useful.

Also dead people + 2 is what I'm in favour of.

5. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

That sounds neat. But before you guys create a giant bug, here's an exception.

If I fired bio ML at someone and he got into a vehicle right after, he would still die, but the vehicle would remain.
    Bug potential :
    1: He dies -> vehicle dies -> corpse pops out.
    2: He dies -> vehicle doesn't die -> corpse doesn't pop out.

6. ImSpartacus

ImSpartacus nerf spec plz

Oh yeah, it's awful. There's a reason that it hasn't been fixed. It's riddled with exceptions.

7. Z100000M

While i still stand by my suggestion, Id rather see being able to revive someone by deconing the wreck, with the first calculator tick, instead of recycling, revives the driver/passanger instead.

Probably a bitch to code though.

8. Trainzack

Trainzack Member

Seems like vehicle revives are in, tomorrow. That was fast.

9. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

Also, don't just revive and dump people there like an asshole, under a lot of circumstances it's really not helping at all.
    Play as a taxi and bring him back to base.

10. Z100000M

I need to jinx things like that more

11. ViroMan

ViroMan Black Hole (*sniff*) Bully

The bodies should totally eject out of the vehicle like fireworks when it blows!

12. Candles

Candles CAPTAIN CANDLES, DUN DUN DUN, DUN DUN DUN DUN.

I want to test the waters for this one again, because I do like it. I would also make the flat amount +2 instead of +1 so it isn't any cheaper than it is currently for go for a full squad. There is a real tactical choice that still exists though, that being it gets more efficient to revive more people instead of less (3 points per player for one player vs 1.5 points per player for four; I'd definitely spend 3 to get someone like Security back, but I'd hold off if I was going to get a squad of nobodies). This would be a really easy change to implement too.

13. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

Test as in add it in and see what happens or wanting to see people want it first?

I say add it, and 2+dead people is the way to go.

14. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

I feel like this just makes squad rev even stronger?

15. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

squadrev is overly powerful by its mechanic, i dont think cost is the ideal balancing vector as it only delays it by a tad and often, unless shit already went sideways, points are of no concern anyway.

16. Catface

Catface Member

Well. Why not? It's not like it's impossible.

My main concern is how to make the mechanic more evident to (new) players, especially when new players already have trouble understanding the existing squad power mechanics.

17. complete_

complete_ lamer

new people will never know how to play squad lead, because its an advanced technique (and im the guy who whines about what is easy for new players to understand). when i played planetside 2 for a couple hours i had no idea i had squad lead or what it did. it doesnt mean its a broken mechanic.

there just needs to way to get rid of a nonactive squad lead
    my opinion hasnt changed from the first page

also its hilarious that in this topic people are fine with buffing squad revive and in the other they want it nerf to hell

18. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

I'm inclined to agree, squad leadership is something next level. However, we should figure out some tutorial type of deal for newer players to have somewhere solid to start at.

19. Metruption

Metruption Member

i learned about squad mechanics because there was a sudden death game on an infantry map and people kept saying GUYS SQUAD REVIVE IF F-S-A

20. A-z-K

A-z-K Member

I think it would be good if squad revive worked much like it does now but limited it to the leader's aura (and squad members). Visual cue could just be to have the revive icon for players within the aura to flash between different colors and/or the same on their label in the squad player list. That way you know who will be revived.

It wouldfix it being too overpowered for the ninja tactics which always felt a bit cheap to me and also the end of round, out of ticket fuckery that plagues loads of small linear maps that never end where there is never any lack of squad points and you can happily play for 30 minutes on 0 tickets.