Squad revive costs the number of dead people +1.

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Z100000M, Dec 2, 2014.

1. Neoony

Neoony Member

exactly my thoughts, I like that you have to care about using it effectively how it currently is, but I also understand why this idea.

So yeah, some middle ground would be nice.

2. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

Armor, damage and recon are good in mid-range combat, you just don't use them enough.

3. Neoony

Neoony Member

One reason why are those abilities not used is because others are just so much better and therefore most people decides to rather spare the points.

Its not that they are bad, others are just better.

Probably the biggest factor is that there are tickets and revs.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2014
  4. D.D.D. Destroyer

If this is the case, we should seek not to buff the already dominant powers, but instead seek a way to bring the less used ones to level.

Or nerf the better ones, but that would never fly ;)

5. Neoony

Neoony Member

to buff the weak ones (rather) or nerf powerful ones

but its just hard to balance those, because the balance mostly consists in the situations rather than some numbers

so the best would be to just add new ones that are situationally better

6. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

I feel the same way, I say that most of the powrs are shit not because they are completely useless, but are so niche you shouldnt bother leading a squad as rifle or scout.

7. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

Also speaking of the suggestion.

I can really exploit squad revive if reviving 1 guy only costs me 2 points.

Now, I can turn a losing fight around by pressing F and clicking squad revive really fast, but it'd cost me 3 points.
    If this is implemented, I can just take a hide(optional), squad revive someone and instantly turn the tide around at the cost of 2 points.

Also, there would be absolutely no excuses for shitty squad lead who think squad reviving a single good player, is a waste of 6 squad points.

8. Z100000M

And you plan on having acces to hide exactly how?

Last edited: Dec 4, 2014
  9. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

It's optional, I can just revive. When the environment is complex, there's a lot of things you can use to hide yourself for a short time.
    We've been through countless fights, I really don't have to explain this.

I have nothing against this suggestion, this will give competent squad leaders more options.....and of course, if you got a shitty squad lead then good luck.

10. Z100000M

You shoulve probably clarified you meant hide as in camp in some corner and pray the enemy doesnt have a camera, rather than be transparent :P
    I see what youre trying to say, but thats why the flat + is there, to limit the spam efficiency. I dont really see more mass revs being used as somehow crippling to the core gameplay (though admitedly , i might be wrong) just an option of using the points early, trying to secure an early advantage in map or tickets, versus using those points more efficiently later in the game when tickets run out.
    If anything, +2 might be better, I think its stil a little harsh, but revving a single guy when you need him is still half the price, which is way better than what we currently have.
    And yeah, a competent engy lead squad against a squad with a bad lead.. I just wish more people would realise that using those points on heals and revs during crucial timing can turn the game around. Sadly, it seems there are like 3 of such that i know of.

11. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

i think squads and squad abilities are a nice concept in general, but its not really working out in game. not saying there isnt awesome shit you can do with squads and that there is devastating squadplay happening, but most people join squads because the game prompts you with the squad selection window and if they stick together its only for the first push - and not even then.

(ignoring all maps that aint empires classic mode)

12. D.D.D. Destroyer

I found out that maintaining squad cohesion is easier when you give out squadorders, and the worst offenders can always be kicked to make space for a better squadmate.

13. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

i cant even tell how much i hate squad orders. "run there, run there, run there, ...", yeah thanks i know my way around. especially if its only a few meters inbetween orders - if it would work on the minimap and you could show the real target right away itd be ok. but like that its mildy annoying.

but i also have to admit they work to some extend.

but then, sometimes its actually better to not keep squads close enough to generate points - and sometimes people just want to see other parts of the map aswell. you need to consider that on a public server with random people you just agree to play on the same team, not on individual team roles. its one of thsoe things that makes empires unattractive and inaccessible. agreed on teamwork always pays off, there is no need to install more systems improving it even further then absolutely neccessary for the games background to come across.

i dont think or mean to say the idea of squads should be thrown out of the window completely, its a good concept and fits the whole military background well, its probably just the implementation. maybe they should be more related to regions rather then players. like you can designate areas as squad areas, players who enter get assigned automatically and get their boni. (again this is no proposal or suggestion, just a random idea)

i find squadrevive a shit and retardly overpowered skill. a single squadrevive in the right spot wins you the game. the only thing preventing this is the generally low level of organisation on pub games - im stunned that our stacker gang doesnt pull it off more often, but then they aint good players by themselfs, its probably just too much. we have apcs to spawn at the fronts anyway.

14. Neoony

Neoony Member

remove squad rev and you will get many other powers used with arty and heals being the most used. It will remove that huge factor of keeping the points for squad revs especially because of low tickets.

I think squad revs should somehow be done separately, because of how much more useful it is.

Iam pretty sure you would see other powers used much more, because it wouldnt feel like there is a better use.

Tho, there would still be a factor of keeping the points for ninja arty comm.

maybe there should be 2 different kinds of points?

one for squad rev and arty and one for all the others?
    just somehow separate those dominant powers.

15. Neoony

Neoony Member

I would say, the dominant powers are squad rev and arty and others including heals are rather more weaker tactical powers

16. Z100000M

Heals are stupidly good, but everyone would rather camp for rev.

Also, removing mass rev is a giant dick move to anyone who dies inside a vehicle with low/no tickets.

17. Trainzack

Trainzack Member

Why can't we revive people in vehicles, anyway?

18. ImSpartacus

ImSpartacus nerf spec plz

You have to revive a body and your body disappears when you enter a vehicle.

Though I suppose the game could force everyone in a vehicle to exit it the moment when it loses all hp and then kill both the players and the vehicle. That should leave bodies and might not be insane to code in.

This is the part where we turn on that candles light so it shines into the night sky and candles knows to come to our aid.

19. Z100000M

Oh yeah, and people who die inside buildings since they sink in.

20. BigTeef

BigTeef Bootleg Headshot master

Fuck quicksand...
    Seroiusly...