So I'm making a PC...

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by ImSpartacus, Apr 27, 2014.

1. ImSpartacus

ImSpartacus nerf spec plz

PS/2 adapter.

I almost prefer that to a USB-based NKRO solution. I hear their compatibility is severely hampered as you move across different OSs. Simple & cheap works for me.

2. ViroMan

ViroMan Black Hole (*sniff*) Bully

I R still having huge old ass keyboard that has the fat plug. Still fucking works. Keep it as my backup keyboard. Almost exactly as in that pic except the IBM.

3. ImSpartacus

Guys, I can't lie anymore. I deeply regret getting a mITX machine instead of a full size machine.

I should've waited just a few months so I could get this bad boy:

[​IMG]

Look at all that useful space:

[​IMG]

I'm sorry. You were all right and I was wrong. I'll never doubt you guys ever again.

4. Fooshi

Fooshi For fuck's sake Fooshi

Told you to man up and go for ATX.

[​IMG]

5. McGyver

McGyver Experimental Pedagogue

I see AMD upgraded their bitches.

6. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

Damn,beat me to it.

7. ImSpartacus

Ugh, don't worry about how she looks.

Worry about how you could literally fit her entire body inside of the case.

8. Señor_Awesome

Señor_Awesome Member

Eh, just the torso and the power supply. Wouldn't even have the head, so it would be pretty useless.

And yes, the power supply takes priority over the head. Gotta have that shit in there somewhere.

9. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

I though ridiculously short skirts was a manga/anime only thing.

Also, since you touched on this subject, what the fuck IS the selling point of mechanical keyboards? I get that you get diffrent keys for some customisation, and thats cool ,but I can't shake the feeling all this shit is just because people want to be "different" and "edgy".
    Every single time someone mentions them/makes a topic about them anywhere, the disccusion is just argument over the diffrent keys. Not a single fucking argument for how exactly is this shit superior in any meaningful way to a microsoft kb you can get at your local supermarket for saying "please" to the manager.
    I also dont get whats that "its so LAAAUD, MOFUCKA!" stuff is about as well. You know, lets tell this newfag in here to get different fans, cause this bitch too loud and shit, but then recommend mechanicals since if the next couple a blocks can't make out what you are typing all the time, u doing it wrong.

I just don't even.
    And thats odd.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2014
  10. Lawliet

Lawliet Member

The Corsair Air 540, it's one of the better cases on the market. You don't even need cable management in this case with how wide it is. The airflow is superior to most cases other than Silverstone's FT02R-W.

11. BigTeef

BigTeef Bootleg Headshot master

I understand having a shitload of money and wanting to enjoy it and go crazy with it, but what the fuck am I going to do with a giant cabinet I can smuggle illegals in?

I am happy with a simple 2 grand build, if not 1500.

12. Candles

Candles CAPTAIN CANDLES, DUN DUN DUN, DUN DUN DUN DUN.

The major benefit of a mechanical keyboard is that it feels better and gives better feedback than scissor-switches or rubber-dome keyboards. Now, I wouldn't consider myself an expert on keyboards by any means, but I *do* have practical experience using everything from mechanicals to those weird millimeter tall keys you can find for tablet keyboards. And in all my experience, mechanical keyboards are more durable, are more enjoyable to type with and, most importantly, are more ergonomic. On most keyboards, you have to press the key all the way down onto the backing for it to detect, which will generally mean that you're still pushing the key when it's already been detected and you're just pushing it into the keyboard for no added gain. It's particularly bad with those external tablet keyboards; because there's literally no feedback from the keys themselves, they quickly get tiring to use because of how much force you end up applying. Mechanical keys will actuate but still have a few millimeters of distance before hitting the backing, so your fingers aren't tiring themselves out pushing into the backing. Because of the added feedback, you can also type faster because you can more quickly tell when the keystroke has been detected.

So yeah, there are actual reasons to use a mechanical keyboard over other types of keyboards, and they're very good reasons at that.

13. Z100000M

Thats seriously the first time ive heard someone make a compeling argument.

Though I dont know if it would be much of a boon for myself anyway. I dislike using lots of space to pass information. Same goes for my speech really. I never really noticed any finger fatigue really, be it typing or gaming and ive had some ridiculous gaming sessions back in the day. I'd say i have some durable fingers or somesuch, but considering how my first go at artorias in ds went (2 days min, like 30 tries because fuck changing playstyle, im going to beat him how i want to), having sore left hand for about 3 days, i doubt that.

Also, fuck left stick on xbox style controllers.

14. Space_Oddity

Space_Oddity The Shitstorm

Mechanical keyboards are like gourmet coffee, studio headphones, HD television. They don't do much to add to your original experience but now you've had the best you sure as shit aren't going back to the normal stuff.

15. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

It's not even a skirt it's a dress, but yeah they are pretty high cut. Companies always have their chicks dress up like that for conventions. The auto show here in toronto is always full of chicks hardly wearing anything. Also my highschool when I attended it and it was may/june.

Nothing more plebian than drinking coffee my friend.

16. ImSpartacus

Also nice to have a solid anti-zombie weapon at your PC.

17. Space_Oddity

If you ever tried my V60 pour-over, it'd change your life.

18. Z100000M

Tell me more about our lord and savior, apple incorporated.

19. Space_Oddity

20. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

Where did you get Apple from coffee talk?