Saturday & Sunday Matches

Discussion in 'General' started by FN198, Oct 14, 2013.

1. Lollum

Lollum Tester++

I remember Thor was a total dick back then (and probably still is, but I don't know for sure). I too was once a member of BSID, then decided to leave BSID to help one of the smaller clans (namely, Frontline Brothers). BSID was arguably the best clan at that time, which sadly resulted into a slightly elitist attitude of it's members (another reason why I quit).

Later, Thor spread lies about how he kicked me out.

Anyway, the most fun clan ever, in my opinion, was Ghost. I sill miss Mkoll, Mkvenner, Sgt_Simple and the others. Oh, and there was the Empires League. Pretty fun idea. Perhaps we should do that again.

Since this thread has been derailed enough at this point, how about you join Viper's right now?

2. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

The problem with Empires League is the lack of leaders. We have Trickster and FN, maybe JGF if we asked politely, to be captains. While theoretically doable with three, four captains are this nice number that would allow for a modest amount of games without re-matches between teams. There simply aren't enough charismatic figures in the community.

I also think that another league would be fantastic and we almost have enough people here that could participate and make this a thing, but I'm afraid that the amount of organizing required for this sort of thing would simply be too overwhelming for whoever gets round to doing this. Maybe Trickster could throw something together if he can be arsed, or A-z-K if enough people express interest.

Seriously though, the more I think about it, the more doable it sounds to me. I should stop thinking.

3. McGyver

McGyver Experimental Pedagogue

Empires League = Troll paradise.

4. D.D.D. Destroyer

If I step up to captain a team my first pick is McGyver.

5. BitterJesus

BitterJesus Member

lawliet that was a cute story bruh.

Except leaving a clan just because they start losing is pretty homo so you're homo.

btw do u even lift?

6. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

The Empires League Pugs were absurdly fun. It's pretty much where I made a name for myself as the biggest cunt in Empires. Brings tears of pride to my eyes even now.

7. D.D.D. Destroyer

8. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

The Pony Empires league was the best one, because it raised the question of where the fuck did these people come from. And it showed that Devourawr sucks at organizing.

9. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

Which ones.

Dont recall any good matches really. Only one, where be failed totally, but everyone went to nfs main and walled the com. It was jephir too i think. Shit, i think it was league, too many matches to remember them all.

10. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

The Mvalley match was the one where I was too busy to organise the team in the week preceeding the match (I was putting hours in before every match planning everything out meticulously). As a result of this, I handed the reigns over to.....................................

Cpatton.

Suffice to say, 3 minutes after the round started, it became clear that Cpatton should never ever be in charge of anything ever again. Ever.

11. Z100000M

Yea, that was one of the most hilarious matches i took part in. Especially since i was on the goto nf main squad.

12. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

oh my glorious plan

13. D.D.D. Destroyer

The great masterplan:

Convince Trickster to captain
    Convince FN to captain
    Convince JGF to captain
    Convince players to sign up
    ???
    PROOOOFIT

14. BigTeef

BigTeef Bootleg Headshot master

Confirming HSM is my dad

15. D.D.D. Destroyer

We've come full circle now

16. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

Let's see who has more friends. :D

17. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

I remember reading something about the empires pug league ages ago. It sounded really neat at the time but I was busy and couldn't do it. Would seriously love it if we started that thing again.

Also thought it would be neat if we divided up the current maps on a risk board or something and have it so teams would take turns selecting territories and fighting on the map.With the objective being total control of the board. A little like the RO2 conquest mode, but less retarded. But we would need a lot more people for that one to work.

18. Lawliet

Lawliet Member

I don't know how MLG justgofly is but as far as I can tell, he's almost going all the way to MLG Anaheim.

Here's what I think from the last ESL thing we did and the current charisma in the community
    Trickster
    FN198
    A-z-K
    JGF

i want to say someone has to know exactly what Trickster wants cause he likes to win these things. Slade is pretty good at getting the inside scoop but he doesn't play at all.

@NJ You actually read all that shit? You have no life bra. do u even lift?

19. Z100000M

4 captains?

You want 5v5's?

20. D.D.D. Destroyer

Yeah like what the hell?

The way I see it, three captains, roughly 15 players per team, 11v11 rounds, six matches total: two per matchup, each match two rounds - basically scrim format.

Still, it'd need three leaders and around 45 declared players.