S.S.M vechicle / rocket truck

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by =HELLION=, May 21, 2006.

1. Slithzerikai

Slithzerikai I for one am glad the NF SMG 3 is gone

I'd say; make one of those against infantry, but low damage to buildings (shrapnel bombs?), and keep the artillery for high building damage, but make them completely ineffective against infantry.

2. KILLX

KILLX Banned

That would make arty worse though. If you make one thats built as a building killer, it could level a base faster.

3. arklansman

arklansman Member

That's what it's (supposed to be) for. >.<

4. Lollum

Lollum Tester++

Yeah arty is designed to destroy buildings, but not infantry.

5. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

don't make any artilliary based to destroy infantry. NOT fun.

6. Apogee

Apogee Member

"Shrapnel Artillery Cannon: Does no damage to armour, but any infantry within sight range who are not crouched in a crater die instantly."

Good thing this game isn't realistic :P.

7. Awrethien

Awrethien Member

Realy the only thing I can see this getting used for would be anti air when it comes out. The best thing against aircraft would be the seeking missiles. Say three two block racks for missiles(so it cant get dual nukes) and blast any plains out of the sky that get to close.

And if some one wanted to put 6 basic missilles onto it but to be balanced have room for no mg only basic engion, and maybe only one pice of armor all aorund. There you go rocket artilery.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2007
  8. KILLX

KILLX Banned

Nuclear Missile Launch Truck:

Very expensive
    Only vehicle that can use nukes
    Commander must approve launch
    One shot only, you have to buy a new one for another shot
    Only one per team at any time

Basically, its like a miniature NASA launch. Its not LoS, it fires up.
    To fire:
    Switch to seat 2 to deploy.
    You get a commander esque top-down view with an exit button, and a select target button.
    Check your within range of target (it has limited range, shown with a giant circle).
    Wait for commander authorization for nuclear launch.
    30 second countdown starts (it can be destroyed before it launches).
    Anyone near when it launches takes alot of damage from the heat off the engine.
    Truck is useless for about 5 minutes as it cools down, then works fine except it cant be restocked by ammo crate or armoury, and has no more rounds.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2007
  9. Awrethien

Awrethien Member

You know superweapons have been shot down hard in the past. You may want to get your fire extinquisher.:p

10. =HELLION=

=HELLION= Member

i agree will killx , actually that would ballance it more, no nuke whoring. but it would be cool if it did enough damage to actually take out a building , and well it would be cool if everythink caught on fire afterwords too. :)

11. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

I'm all in favour of super weapons.

12. Slithzerikai

Slithzerikai I for one am glad the NF SMG 3 is gone

Why not instead make it so, that the driver gets RTScam, that only the commander can fire it, whilst players drive it, and put it in launch position?

13. KILLX

KILLX Banned

I dont care how its fired, as long as its a verticle launch. a LoS launch would be over powered because then its just another nuclear tank, theres no logical way to make a countdown. However, I think to counter a nuclear launch vehicle, there should be 2 varieties of buildable bunker. First, the infantry bunker, complete with ammos health and respawn. Second he CV bunker, basically an armoured garage, so that the CV cant be taken out because thew person refuses to drive away.

Edit: also, for fairness, the nuke can be shot at by the enemy team and detonated at any time. It wouldn't be a nuclear explosion, the nuke wouldn't be armed until it launches. It would arm when it starts the downward portion of its flight, and then its a live nuke.

when aircraft are in: emp_recruit is put flying his plane. then he sees a big red flame. as he goes under it he hears the nuke alarm. the nuke breakes his plane in half, detonating, and spreading nuclear fallout across 1/6th of the map.

that what I'd like to se some time in the future. doesn't matter when.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2007
  14. KILLX

KILLX Banned

New idea for targeting it. No over head view. Only scouts can fire it, they have to use their binoculars to acquire coordinates, and then lock them into the launchers firing system. Then, the commander will see a nuclear symbol on the requested target area. If its approved, all friendlies will see the logo so they know to stay away. Everything else is the same.

15. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

this doesn't really add anything to empires other than a neigh unstoppable nuke that kills / pisses off a load of the enemy and doesn't require any skill to use.

sure it's cool, but so are robo dogs, I don't think we should have either in this mod. sorry dude.

16. Niarbeht

Niarbeht Member

I say no to nukes/scud launchers.

I say YES! to rocket arty. The low-damage, long-range spam kind. That arcs. Otherwise there's no point.

17. KILLX

KILLX Banned

I have got to stop assuming everyone can read my mind. I only just realized I left alot out. I'll re-summerize.

Nuclear Missile Launch Truck:

Economics:
    Very expensive.
    One shot only, you have to buy a new one for another shot.
    Fair armor.

Activity:
    Only one per team at any time.
    Commander must approve launch.
    Only vehicle that can use nukes.

Strength:
    For discussion. I suggest only strong enough to kill all infantry in the area, but take out one of the weaker buildings.

Use:
    Like a miniature NASA launch. Its not LoS, it fires up.
    To fire it, a Scout must use his/her binoculars to acquire coordinates.
    Switch to seat 2 to deploy.
    Enter coordinates into targeting computer.
    Check whether launcher is in range of coordinates.
    Wait for commander authorization for nuclear launch (shows a icon on the commanders map, and a message saying "requesting nuclear launch at these coordinates").
    5 minute countdown starts (it can be destroyed before it launches).
    Anyone near it during the launch sequence takes alot of damage from heat off the engine.

Countermeasures:
    It can be destroyed at ANY point. It doesn't arm the nuclear war head until it is 20 meters off the ground on its decent trajectory, so its possible to avoid a nuclear explosion.
    Theres a five minute window where it can be destroyed on the launcher.
    Once launched, it is still 100% vulnerable.
    Radar's can locate it, and then the team being attacked with the nuke will have a symbol showing its exact location.
    AA guns (once implemented) will recognize it as an enemy aircraft and target it.
    Once launched, radar can determine its trajectory and target location.
    Scouts can hack the launcher and .a) shut down the launch .b) change the target .c) set it to self destruct.
    Not really a countermeasure, but for fairness: disables friendly building to prevent turret/wall spam defenses

To make it simple, its very powerful IF you manage to launch it, and theres a lot of ways to stop it. If you want to nuke an area, you have to babysit a very expensive launcher.

18. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

I think something more player orientated, like dropping superweapons from a bomber, would be more fun. less waiting. defending something for 5 mins isn't hugely fun. it would be more fun just to attack the base. sorry Killx

19. KILLX

KILLX Banned

NP, I just wanted to add some stuff I forgot in the original post. I totally goofed on the shortcomings, and focused on how it works.

20. arklansman

arklansman Member

I'm wondering why people are still discussing this with what could remotely be considered seriousness.