S.S.M vechicle / rocket truck

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by =HELLION=, May 21, 2006.

1. =HELLION=

=HELLION= Member

i remember my very favorite vechicle in c&c was the surface to surface missle launcher... that bad boy launched a missle that would toast infantry to bits with a huge radius and did modarate damage to buildings... the best part was its godly range ... but it had a bad draw back of the long recharge ammo rate... just one did not do all that much but just like arty if you got 2 or 3 then its mass distruction... it also took a hell of a long time to get the chasis...
    another fav, was just the pure rocket truck, that monster delievered a woopin payload of like 8 rockets at once ? hell i cant member anymore but it was devistation... really one of those was about 1000$ and did the work of 2 light tanks and had a long/medium range and drove like a arty... medium recharge rate and took about as long as the arty to research...
    now i was wondering ,, if the likes of anything maybe slightly resembleing these would be coming anytime ?

2. SwampRat

SwampRat Member

it might be quite nice to see something like that on one side instead of the artillery - i'd go for the mlrs (are they the right initials?) woud it be better as a salvo thing or just very quick fire missile thing? (maybe each hole takes a while to reload but lots of holes to use)

3. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

maybe make it the vehicle to counter airplanes ( cince tanks wont be very effective against them cous of aiming degree and slow movement)

4. =HELLION=

=HELLION= Member

SwampRat: instead of arty?

ok everybody let me sum arty up for you , there are 2 attacking vehicles in this so far, 1 a tank 2 a arty, if you take out the arty then ppl will just complain about the tanks , if you add more they will complain about whatevers added... when you finnish pleasing everybody they will complain about being pleased... arty is arty and with more vechicles in the mod the less people will use arty for how its intended, to kill the piss out of what its attacking ...

ok now that my soapbox broke.... yea a pure rocket launcher truck that has 6 /8 slots that only rockets can go in the fire rate is that of 1 rocket per slot once all 6 /8 are fired then they reload fairly fast id say that of the current rate of rockets in a tank. its use would mostly be for taking down tanks and turrets , and ultimately aircraft when that comes into play it would have the same aiming degree or maybe 30/40 less then arty..

the other veh. the ssm launcher would mainly just be for toasting inf. and burning up buildings.. very slow missle tho i also think the nuke could only be carried by this beast , because a nuke on a tank ?!?! that doesnt even compute. a nukes a missle warhead not a rocket... but i guess with all there minitureization :spellcheck: with the nanobotz and all that they can have small lil nuke warheads... maybe the ssm's nuke could be the all out nuke ... and a big nuke sprite to boot with a flashbang radius that makes everybody blind for abit ... sorta like how good ol' half life ones' crossfire map... mmmm toasty

5. =HELLION=

=HELLION= Member

yea but when you think about it turrets are the bigest stopers to tanks , the tank cant aim to save there life at a lv3 turret , but they can rocket them but the rockets are not very accurate on them... the rocket truck would have the same aim as the grenaders rocket basicly no spread ... this way they could drive in site of the turrets and out of there fire range and take them down with ease, this way the tanks/arty could get into posistion and do the rest of the damage to the base as intended...

6. =HELLION=

=HELLION= Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]<< ssm launcher [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 21, 2006
  7. ^Dee^

^Dee^ Former Super Moderator

sounds the same as arty with a different skin tbh.

8. =HELLION=

=HELLION= Member

see but this is not arty, this is not a shell, this is a rocket delevered payload, and a lot of payload :)
    also to add, this is a general idea, the one im thinking of does not have 40 slots , just 6 or 8 and is fully inclosed not open bay pods for the rockets
    that picture of that huge missle ssm is basicly what im trying to get at for the ssm that is,.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 21, 2006
  9. ^Dee^

^Dee^ Former Super Moderator

whether it was rockets or shells, the effect would still be the same. As I said, it sounds like arty with a different skin.

10. Stu

Stu BehälterGott

Idea: Make arty effective aginst buildings, and make rockets effective aginst vechicles and troops. THat way they have different functions.

11. =HELLION=

=HELLION= Member

stu: thats my point, arty is effective against EVRYTHING this would only damage mostly turrets and tanks , the blast radius on the rockets would not be much, not as much as the grenaders rocket, but still a lot..infantry dont even take much dmg against the rockets from the grendader... not only that arty can land on inf. the rockets would not be as easy to hit on the inf. , now the ssm ,,, that would be like a big arty missle ... only it really does damge to buildings and inf the tanks dont really take that much... so no its nothing like arty at all unless you are talking about a tracked vechicle that does a lot of damage then yea , but just to certain things unlike the arty that does it to everything

12. SwampRat

SwampRat Member

if you make it effective against buildings it probably ought to do something to tanks (even if its only lightly armoured ones like jeeps or ones that are smashed up)

when i said replace arty - i only meant for one of the sides, that way one has arty for the big cannon effect and the other has rockets for the multiple bang lower trajectory work, tho i admit that the trajectories could be a problem. unless the rockets curve quite a bit, they could have a fairly light fuel load i suppose or burn it off quickly. as long as the effect was sort of similar (as it would be for that sort of thing) then sounds ok, people may have a preference for one side or the other but if both sides have somethign that works...

with the ssm thing, if you made it a big napalm rocket say then that would answer my first question but you could add in it heating up tanks too (maybe leaving little fires burning briefly on some bits like buildings and tanks which would work slowly but be hard to code). I'd say though that the rocket ought both to be slow and to be shootable, although if you shoot it it should just come down or i suppose explode where it is but stil damage things - otherwise it would be very nasty for spawn camping and not too much else.

oh i mis-read yet again (sorry) so its a buildings only weapon? if it can hurt buildings why not people?

13. =HELLION=

=HELLION= Member

well basicly i was thinking it would just be a new something to drive... the rocket truck would only be good against light buildings [turrets] and tanks big buildings take a rocket like a champ it seams... as for the ssm ,, the napalm is a good idea , as for the code its already there,, the bio wepon already does it.. as for spawn camping really the reload rate on one of those would be really slow .. almost as slow as the rocket... it could be like when you shoot the tracking rocket with the grenader it doesnt reload tell the bullet hits.. this would make anything be able to come up and get a lot of shots off at it .. it would be the tank everybody wanted to gard because it would just be a 2 shot building killer pritty much.. but anybody in a jeep could come up and take it out with a few nades ,,, it would be as the picture shows really not a tank but just a simi with a launcher tuging behind

oh and like all things they rocket truck would hurt other things but just not anywhere near as much as tanks and well aircraft when in,, or light buildings ie turrets, perhaps the standard rocket would be tracking via a hold down effect like the grenader that way tracking a tank would be easy

Last edited: May 22, 2006
  14. Bishop Gantry

Bishop Gantry Member

Would be a nice nische separating Bren apart from the NF if one side relied heavily on missiels for bombardment while the other side uses artillery for bombardment

15. Kanis

Kanis Member

Target painting

I think that an interesting take on the Rocket idea, is to make them Lazer guided. Basicaly a Scout would get a RED DOT function, and could paint a target.

Different then Artillary, with the RED DOT, the Scout would stear the Misile to its final destintation.

This would also increase the importance of Squad play. Because without the Lazer Guidance the Missile's would be nextto use-less.

Kanis

16. Mydarbin

Mydarbin Member

I like RTS's where Antitank and Antistructure are two seperate classes.

17. =HELLION=

=HELLION= Member

Kanis: that would be awesome for the ssm launcher , face it a big missle like that would be tough to use. i would think it would shoot up into the sky and then rely on the scout to use the target to slam it home, would make it really tough to win with but a really good comeback maker... maybe you would have to drive back to the repair pad to get any ammo at all ., this would make the repair pad more used.

Mydarbin: yea thats really what is geting me... most people i would have thought would be wanting more cool stuff to drive ... and the stratigest would want more ways to get ahead on the other team.. and i see A LOT of player that just go "bah artys are just overpowered" so ok if the other team has artys you would want to take them out with a ANTI-ARTY ?? i mean that makes sence right ? and the anty-anty arty leads back to that being the inf+tank so you have the big triad of death and distruction... but sofar ive suggested this and most are like omg its arty with a differnt name ...

18. TheGreatHegemon

TheGreatHegemon Member

I think that Brenodi would be suited to somethning like this - it seems high tech-ish. NF would rely on more 'primitive' tech such as normally artillery. it'd be a good start to differentiation.

19. =HELLION=

=HELLION= Member

but what im geting at here is that just like both teams have the arty , both teams, have tanks,and they should have the rocket truck, both should have a SSM launcher

20. Aurora

Aurora Radiating love, empathy and maternal instincts

If it would instead shoot normal missiles that you could guide OR they would automatically slowly turn downwards, I would love this.