Revive costs a ticket

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Empty, Jun 12, 2012.

1. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but the point of those rc scripts are to work out the balance needed for the next update ( final one ), so if noone complains and adds more details no the RC3 script they are going to be implemented, no?

2. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

It's not just about balance Lamer, it's also about trying out new things. The entire point of the new scripts is to try and inject some sort of variation between the armours and engines, rather than some rock paper scissors bullshit that we've rolled with for years. I want to really emphasise the difference in using the armours and engines, and force genuine playstyle changes for what you're using. Which is why I went for such radical changes early on. But now, things are settling down, and I need to fine tune the balance. I already cut the regen (and HP a bit) on composite for the next RC, but apart from fixing reflective as well, I just don't know what else to change.

3. Paradox

REACTIVE MUTHERFUCKER.

edit: mutherfucker is to make clear that you never listen when I tell you reactive is never ever used cause it is shit.

4. Trickster

That's mainly because people are dumb. It has an insane amount of HP right now. 2 plates of reactive is equal to maybe 4 of Regen. If you actually take a genuine HP to weight ratio, Reactive is fucking awesome.

5. Paradox

when you play reactive it feels way weaker than double the hp of regen, are the resists messed up?

6. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

That's something I can test granted someone helps me.

7. -=]Kane[=-

-=]Kane[=- Member

+1 for original suggestion, it would give revive the nerf which is since long overdue.

but only in classic maps ... else escord would get anhilated by this

Last edited: Jun 15, 2012
  8. ImSpartacus

ImSpartacus nerf spec plz

When will you whiny ass bitches stop trying to nerf teamwork? Fail suggestion is fail.

Learn how team-based video games work than come back and try again.

9. BloodRaven

BloodRaven Member

I agree with the pizza.

10. -=]Kane[=-

-=]Kane[=- Member

Fail rant is fail, how are 1 rifleman and 1 engy less qualified for teamwork than 2 engys? Yet the engy will be the main target, the rifleman might kill both engys twice while they kill his engy once and they still stand, got 4 points for reviving, have ammoboxes if they run out of ammo and they have no penalty for being reving each other instead of supporting their whole team consisting of other classes ...

yeah teamwork ... sure ...

11. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

revive isnt overpowered it costs half your juice. only thing which is (quite a bit actually) is squadrevive or actually it should be called squadteleprot. sure the engi getting close to the comm needs a bit of skill, knowledge, luck and/or teamwork but, given competent players, then its basically a win button. only good that organization usually isnt on such high level ...
    apc spawning at least is limited to your spawn-time.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2012
  12. LordDz_2

LordDz_2 Strange things happens here

If this suggestion gets in and that rifleman kill those engineers twice, he would get a lot of tickets drained from the enemy team:
    2 engineers spawn : 2 tickets.
    Each of the engineers die twice : 2 x 2 = 4
    He would get 6 tickets drained, for killing two engineers.

Another example:
    You're in a med tank, shooting at these two engineers, they're new to the game so they don't know about this mechanic that drains tickets every time they revive each other, so they're going to drain about 10 tickets each because all you have to do in your litte medium is to camp and shoot each one of them until they revive each other.

All this would do is make it harder for noobs to play the game, they would get screamed at by their teammates for reviving team, "WHY THE FUCK DID YOU REVIVE ME NEXT TO THAT TANK YOU FUCKING IDIOT!?"

How many times do you get revived each round? I tend to get revived 5-6 times, at least. That's around 6 tickets, and a lot of those revives allow me to stay alive for 2-3 seconds and then get shot to death again.

All this would do is to reduce the time of rounds very very very fast or force people to turtle, because if they die, nobody would revive them.

Bottom line: If you feel the need to nerf revive, nerf the skill, make it take more calc juice, but don't add something that tells people NOT to revive each other, while they at the same time get points for it.

13. flasche

wasnt there like something about you get the ticket refunded when you revive/get revived?

edit: no, not in the original suggestion at least ...

14. Sweetie Belle

Sweetie Belle Member

For once... I agree with Trickster?
    Grape Juice?

________
    I am a filly and what is this?

15. Trickster

I don't like Grapefruit juice, sorry. But Apple Juice, Orange Juice, and most other juices are good. But not Grapefruit juice. That's just not a nice taste.

16. OuNin

OuNin Member

i didn't read the thread past empty's post but i think it's very shortsighted. revive endgames are a symptom of high level play, which occurs in such a small community. it's nothing wrong with the game. it's just that so many players are readily skilled.
    other games like battlefield have similar mechanics but the skill level distribution is pretty medium so you don't see extreme high level play all the time
    conceptually, the current ticket system makes a bit more sense than battlefield, like you need one to get in the game, whereas in battlefield you lose a ticket for a death
    it reads well to players and is pretty well understood. making revives costs tickets kind of throws any intuitive gameplay out the window and the game doesn't make anymore sense
    all in all, revive endgames are a symptom from the respawn system and that should be fixed if anything.

i feell ike losing tickets shouldn't be the total end of play. no tickets = no spawns makes it that revivep lay is highly valuable. if you just weakened spawning, like made respawns 20 seconds and up, people can still ahve fun and fight and more emphasis would be on killing the CVs

the end game hunt where everyone is dead isn't that fun
    and a 20 second respawn isn't that big of a price to individual players

17. ViroMan

ViroMan Black Hole (*sniff*) Bully

perhaps a formula for the revive time after 0 tickets is in order. The more tickets you use past 0 the longer the spawn time. Every 3-5 tickets used equals another second added on to spawn time.

18. Trickster

Perhaps leave it as it is because it works totally fine now.

19. flasche

but only because atm once a team gets a refinary advantage it gets a huge res boost and can steamroll the opponent with indestructotanks.

20. Trickster

Diminishing returns on the refineries should help with that.