Remove heavy tanks, and add more medium variants.

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Chris0132', Oct 12, 2008.

1. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

if thats meant as compliment, i can give that back :)

still havnt figured out why i dont really like my own suggestion, maybe its just because its too awesome to run over infantrists in a close to invincible be-heavy.
    but since that is kinda imbalanced, and it really is, my adaption of spartacus wet dreams about nukemeds still sounds good to me ;)

2. 0yv47

0yv47 Member

scale afv's and Lt's down and scale heavies up... fixed.

3. Michael

Michael Member

Anyone remembers the MKII Lights / AFVs?
    Make the LT and AFV similar to those.
    Light Tank 2 slot ML, 1 slot MG, 1 slot CN
    Armored Fighting Vehicle 1 slot ML, 1 slot MG, 2 slot CN

(In this way, researching armor, engine, weapon trio returns, instead of research armor, engine, RUSH mech and then weapons.) [power MGs for APCs excluded]

Make both mediums equally this.
    Medium Tank 3 slot ML, 2 slot MG, 3 slot CN

Rail Gun may stay then (maybe make Absorbant even more effective against it?), but nukes should be cut... and totally reworked as a non-vehicular, static (from a building, like a missile silo?), commander controled, very slow, very expensive, 1 shot one UBER (a lot more powerful than H.I.T.) destructive power.:gasmask:

With this, heavies shall not be removed, ofc if you still find them too powerful, just make them a bit more expensive (chassis cost)

4. Great Grizzly

Great Grizzly Member

I agree with this thead fully. Ditch the heavies and get rid of nukes and rails. This will also help with the snowball effect in matches. If the winning teams max strength (heavies) are gone, then the loosing team has a chance for a rebound.

5. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

I don't really get the big fuss about the railguns , I just wanna state that in my oppinion a uml heavy better is then a rail heavy, rAils are easy counter, uml are hit harder. But again this is my oppinion.

6. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

They problem with UML's is that it forces driver to use LT tactic of driving to the enemy and unleashing a barrage. From a far, there is no chance of hitting the enemy unless he is a retard. Works well on maps like SoF though, there is a high chance that the enemy will get blocked by his allies and is forced to eat it.

tl;dr Why nobody is reaserching guided anymore

7. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

Uml snipe buildings = win,,, a squad of uml heavies just camping x feet away from your main shooting umls,,, rushing heavies well half of them are gonna get damaged heavily just getting to them. umls = chemistry = abso= good against rails.

uhm guided isnt that good anymore since they removed uprgaded guided and ugpraded homing

8. MooJuiceThaHater

MooJuiceThaHater Member

I dislike any end game that is we must get more heavy tanks then they do I feel like we should have a balance of infantry and tanks THE WHOLE GAME.

9. flasche

what he said ...

10. ImSpartacus

ImSpartacus nerf spec plz

Yup. It's kinda lame that coms have to yell at players to get in tanks.

Tanks should've be so disproportionately useful compared to footsoldiers.

Translation: Heavies suck.

11. flasche

it should be a choice wheter you get into a tank or not ...

12. ViroMan

ViroMan Black Hole (*sniff*) Bully

currently there is no choice unless you have a group of grenadiers or its early in the round, you need to get a tank.(unless you excel in being a grenadier)

13. f1r3w4rr10r

f1r3w4rr10r Modeler

it would be nice if the damage of a RPG (only RPG no mortar) would scale with the overall health of a tank (hull+ plates)
    ->the more plates, the more damage
    ->different armor types dont got an influence on damage scaling, that way some armor types are still better then others for countering RPGs

this is just a mechanic how it could work
    you guys got to play with the numbers yourself ;P

14. ViroMan

ViroMan Black Hole (*sniff*) Bully

um didn't they do that already? it does more damage to a heavy then a light tank. Making it scale with the plate tho would be over doing it tho.

I would still like to see reactive do what it should do and offer great resistance to missiles and crap resistance to cannons.

15. ImSpartacus

That seems like a good idea. Simply make the RPG do a percentage of total health.

That would make the gren relevant throughout the game.

16. flasche

let all tanks have a maximum of 4 plates, lower chassis hitpoints for the high tier tanks, adapt RPG accordingly, win?

17. Krazer

Krazer Member

I don't think scaling any damage will be necessary if the number of plates on heavies is reduced.

Basically this. End game matches are so boring when heavies are decked out in 6 plates of armor. Even if heavies could only use as much armor as mediums they would still be extremely useful, and retain the capability to carry large armaments.

I usually just strap on full w/e armor we have and 2 chainguns, then go romp around anyways by the time we have heavies. I don't care if it's a balanced game and both teams have heavies, it's fkn boring.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2011
  18. ImSpartacus

That's what I was saying in other threads.

Heavies are 'no compromises' tanks. You can have dual UML with full absorbant. You can have dual rails with all but two compo plates.

Tanks need to be risk-reward. You either have a weak tank with a ton of armor, or a strong tank with little armor. You can't have your cake and eat it too.

19. communism

communism poof

heavies ruin games for everyone not in one
    THATS FUCKING HEAVY SHIT RIGHT THERE

20. Krazer

Krazer Member

Funny, to me it's the complete opposite. Which is why I usually opt out of using a heavy tank end-game and go destroy things on foot.
    I would rather progress the game than sit in my heavy shooting another heavy and then when someone gets weak they drive away and repair.