RC 18 Patch - Sitting Around the House Edition

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Krenzo, Aug 3, 2007.

1. Krenzo

Krenzo Administrator

Tanks still have their hulls healed. I suppose I need to make it like it was suggested where they only heal when they haven't had damage for 5-10 secs.

2. Stu

Stu BehälterGott

:/

I like how it is now. Maybe make it so that tanks only get healed if the other squad member is IN the tank, instead of near it?

3. ViroMan

ViroMan Black Hole (*sniff*) Bully

Hell, I like how it is now too except when its two lt's against each other.. its damn frustrating. :veryangry:

Hmm... squad member inside tank instead of near it. That could work... except be extremely boring for the one riding in back. Not to mention Dangerous. Double kill anyone? :skull: :skull:

4. Stu

Stu BehälterGott

Yeah, that's the point. So the squad member will think twice before getting in. Like he is sacrificing his time to keep the tank alive.

5. Killa-Kanga

Killa-Kanga Ask me how to open a .cfg file today!

LOVE IT once again Krenzo has made a single RC installment awesome

6. knighttemplar

knighttemplar Member

We just got a mass email through Mantis right? It was a mass email, and not something specifically telling me I suck.

I don't believe I suck

7. ViroMan

ViroMan Black Hole (*sniff*) Bully

wow.. server sucking hard today... uranium apcs kill heavy tanks in 6 seconds no matter what loadout the tank has.

8. Wereaser

Wereaser Member

Would there be any idea in making the mines stick with timer, so that they could be used like stickybombs?

It seems to me that I'll have to relearn this mod from scratch once the new version becomes final. So many things have changed.

9. KILLX

KILLX Banned

could someone tell me what that Mantis email said? Thunderbird was ghey and permanent deleted my empires folder in thunderbird, yet to discover why

10. knighttemplar

knighttemplar Member

Dear knighttemplar:

This message is in regards to bug reports on the bug tracker ( http://www.empiresmod.com/bug_tracker/ ).

If you are going to report bugs, then it is imperative that you post a demo or screenshot with your report. It makes my life so much easier when I can see the bug instead of trying to interpret your report.

To record a demo, bring down the console. Type "record <name of demo>", and then once you're done recording type "stop". For example, type "record bug" to record a demo to the filename of "bug.dem", and once you've recorded the bug and used "stop" to finish recording, upload it with your bug report. If the demo is too large to be attached to the report, then upload it to rapidshare.com, and link to it.

With your help, the remaining bugs in 1.08 will be fixed quickly, and we can publicly release 1.08. Thank you.

11. pickjaoe

pickjaoe Member

Yea it was a mass e-mail.

12. Mr. Weedy

Mr. Weedy I will report bugs on the bug tracker

Seems like.

Well... I think I still keep that Krenzo's line in my signature because he said thank you to me.

13. Krenzo

Krenzo Administrator

Today I checked the bug tracker to find that Shinzon has disregarded my e-mail and posted a bug without a demo or even a screenshot!

Last edited: Aug 6, 2007
  14. Align

Align Member

Well, whatever you do, if you add "upgraded standard cannon" to the research tree we'll be right back where we started with a double cannon being superior to a single hightech one. It had better cost or weigh a lot.

15. Solokiller

Solokiller Member

LT's should not be the only NF tank ever used, so no upgraded single cannon.

16. Trid3nt

Trid3nt Member

But they should still me used

17. L3TUC3

L3TUC3 Member

They will be used. Either lack of resources or research will drive players towards the standard stuff.

And besides, it's the starter tank. Maybe we'll make em cheaper so you can mass em more easily.

18. Trid3nt

Trid3nt Member

/me grins manically.

This is the start of true tank spam.

19. Caelo

Caelo Member

someone said spam?!

20. Solokiller

Solokiller Member

That would make early rushes happen more often, i suggest a research option far up the mechanical engineering research tree to make the LT's cheaper, but too hard to get to allow for early rushes.