RC 18 Patch - Sitting Around the House Edition

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Krenzo, Aug 3, 2007.

1. Krenzo

Krenzo Administrator

So now that I'm out of the navy, I have no purpose in life, well except to program Empires and search for a job. I'm resisting the urge to add anything new and just fix all the bugs.

http://www.empiresmod.com/1_08_was_here_the_whole_time/empires_v108_rc18.exe

-------------------------
    Version 1.08 Beta Build 139/RC 18 Changes:

-Added: vehicles can now be customized at a repair station:
    Bring up the vehicle build GUI as the driver of a vehicle, and run through the steps of building a new vehicle of the same chassis. You will pay the difference between the two loadouts or get a refund. The vehicle build GUI will list the difference between the two loadouts as the total cost. Armor repair levels will be set to 0 as a penalty. Hull health will remain the same.
    -Fixed: "emp_unstuck" could be used as a spectator
    -Fixed: crash when spawning in APC
    -Fixed: aircraft were visible in the commander's vehicle factory menu
    -Fixed: spectating a player in the eye now shows the target player's ammo correctly
    -Fixed: muting players via the scoreboard
    -Fixed: flag capture GUI would disappear when bringing up the scores window
    -Fixed: vehicle build GUI added an extra layer of armor to the total vehicle cost
    -Fixed: building a vehicle from a sabotaged vehicle factory would cause the client to see that the vehicle's armor was half gone, but the armor would actually be all there on the server
    -Fixed: vehicles can no longer shoot through walls
    -Fixed: squad leader's mass revive skill revives players in the correct location now
    -Fixed: revived players were getting stuck in the reviving engineer due to players not checking for their larger prone bounding box area being clear
    -Fixed: players spawning in the origin of the map if the capture point they were attempting to spawn at was lost at the exact same time the player spawned
    -Fixed: moving up the research tree in the commander GUI would move the center hex out to an incorrect position
    -Fixed: spectators could not see their target's stamina change
    -Fixed: while placing an engineer item with the engineer kit, it was possible to have multiple engineer build item models showing up at once
    -Fixed: it was possible to build an engineer build item on another player even though it showed red when attempting to place the item
    -Fixed: when spectating a player from 3rd person, the player would turn his head to look at you, the spectator
    -Modified: scout squad leader's Hide ability no longer keeps you hidden when shooting
    -Modified: squad leader ability cost: scout recon (2), scout hide (5), rifleman charge (3), rifleman armor (4), grenadier damage (4), grenadier artillery (4), engineer revive (5), engineer heal (3)
    -Modified: reduced damage (50 to 40), increased cycle time (1.0 to 1.4), and increased heat (10 to 20) for the standard cannon to provide incentive to use better cannons
    -Modified: reduced prone accuracy of the NF shotty pistol
    -Modified: squad leader aura now only affects the squad leader if another member is in the aura and the squad leader's aura skill icon fades in and out based on the closest squad member
    -Modified: squad leader now only works if there are two or more members in a squad
    -Modified: engineer regen aura no longer repairs vehicle armor, only hull health
    -Modified: lowered prone view position to prevent players from firing over objects that completely obscure their hitbox
    -Modified: mines now attach themselves to whatever they're touching after 3 seconds and move with that object instead of staying stationary, except players!
    -Modified: increased scout squad leader's recon ability spot radius times two

2. SgtCiof

SgtCiof Member

First!!! Great work getting rc18 out! Can't wait to play it today in the PUG

3. Archanor

Archanor Member

Actually, Krenzo was here first.
    Can't wait to try it out.

4. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

fixed.

5. MomoZMonster

MomoZMonster Member

nice concise file:)

6. Exile

Exile Member

second and console ruined a dam good game

7. Kuma

Kuma Member

crap...krenzo you ruin all my fun...now my BE heavy with 6 standard cannons (and 1 layer of armor) sucks now.....

8. L3TUC3

L3TUC3 Member

Ruhroh, grenadier jeeps are a-comin!

9. Caelo

Caelo Member

stickie mines! stickie mines! STICKY MINES!!! :D
    I soooooooo LUV you Krenzo! :D

10. Broccoli

Broccoli Member

Anyone else notice this:
    At last, do we have suicide-jeeps?

Dammit. Thread. Too. Active...

11. Align

Align Member

So we can attach 24 mines to a jeep and ram the enemy CV for instant satisfaction? Of course, you'd have to survive that long...

12. Mr. Weedy

Mr. Weedy I will report bugs on the bug tracker

I'm just wondering how that heat increase affects standard engines. I think they can shoot only... 5 shots now before they over heat. I would have kept the heat level same because now when you use 2 standard cannons on heavy, they'll give you very much heat.

13. Solokiller

Solokiller Member

Yayzors :D

14. pixelized

pixelized Member

you said you fixed the arty strike skill on slaughtered but it's not in the changelog.

15. KILLX

KILLX Banned

wootage!

16. Lollum

Lollum Tester++

Never thought this is a bug oO!

Btw Krenzo why havent you updated the changelog on the page yet?

Last edited: Aug 3, 2007
  17. Solokiller

Solokiller Member

Awwww, he's taking out mine attachments, no more suicide bombing.

18. REX

REX Member

BOOOM that was so cool

19. Kuma

Kuma Member

man...we had a jeep with a good 30 mines on it...good times, good times...

20. SgtCiof

SgtCiof Member

Man that was awesome. Jeep bombers were great! We had 25 mines on one jeep! We were inches away from BEs CV and I drive into a wall get stuck :(