RC 18 Patch - Sitting Around the House Edition

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Krenzo, Aug 3, 2007.

1. Krenzo

Krenzo Administrator

I was spectator and could mute anyone including other spectators. No, seriously I was listening to you guys today! Honestly!

2. Stu

Stu BehälterGott

):

):

3. pickjaoe

pickjaoe Member

You can stick your sad faces in a sack.

4. eth0

eth0 Member

Just to clarify guys, thanks to Mr Weedy pointing this out, it turned out to be an old bug that re-surfaces from time to time: I just simply un-checked the "Enabled Joystick" option and voilà!

PS: A few people where enquiring about my mouse, it's a Logitech G5 Laser Gaming Mouse, which is a revised G5 that two new notable features: a cartridge that you can precisly adjust the weight of the mouse and the killer feature a DPI switch control (on the mouse) so you can make the mouse more/less sensitive. Perfect for switch between sniping and assault ;)

Last edited: Aug 4, 2007
  5. Solokiller

Solokiller Member

I have the exact same mouse, and mine works without changing any options.

6. Mr. Weedy

Mr. Weedy I will report bugs on the bug tracker

I had this same joystick thing on ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo (long old is long)
    llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
    ddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd

Game called Hostile Waters: Antaeus Rising. It was publiced around 1998 and I had a joystick plugged in my computer. I noticed that made my vehicles move on their own. I unplugged it and the error disappeared. So yes, joysticks are problematic.

7. Lollum

Lollum Tester++

Just release it now :p! The RC-thingy is going on everyone´s nerves :P!
    The stuff you added is enough for now, if you continue like this empires 1.08/2.0 will never get released cause you will always add anything, then its a bit bugged and once that is fixed, you add new stuff again...

8. MOOtant

MOOtant Member

Can I change equipment for vehicles at VF too?

"-Modified: mines now attach themselves to whatever they're touching after 3 seconds and move with that object instead of staying stationary, except players!" Can I mine my jeep with 8 mines, go to NF CV and just detonate it by driving below the CV?

9. Solokiller

Solokiller Member

Changing equipment doesn't works yet, mines don't attach themselves anymore because of suicide bombing, and the heat thing is being discussed.

10. picard131

picard131 Member

Ahh...Krenzo, you just made my week with those two.

11. Chahk

Chahk Member

I have that mouse also. Which one is yours, eth0, the old model, or the new one with 2 buttons on the side?

12. knighttemplar

knighttemplar Member

How many people at this point didn't know the G5 existed or what it could do?

13. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

i've got this beast: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Razer-RZ01-...3?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1186245309&sr=1-1

worth every penny. well, almost. except that it has two buttons on the side that I think have got the ability to learn- no joke. at first, they did nothing, but gradually they have become a range of functions, from middle mouse to scrolling the wheel (because y'know, who doesn't need an extra button to scroll the wheel?)

my anger at this reached a climax in counterstrike where I snuck up behind a group of terrorists, screwed on the silencer to my m1a4 (assault rifle), gripped my mouse so hard that JUST as one of them was turning around, i simultaneously hit fire and the button on the side. what i got, was "scroll up, fire", which meant in game that I changed to my knife, and swung it.

the mouse had to be punished after that incident. that's putting it lightly.

14. the_6th_monkey

the_6th_monkey Member

Is it just me or has there been no empires server running all day?

15. Solokiller

Solokiller Member

The server is up, and people are playing on it.

16. MomoZMonster

MomoZMonster Member

In the effort of reporting the goings ons: Apology in advance if this has already been brought up.

Engineer reviving is much better, though if the engineer is on top of the body the engineer can still get stuck, a simple crouch jump hysteria can fix this most of the time. This makes sense I mean...a medic wouldn't be standing ontop of a half dead soldier so <shrug>
    After being revived the scout cross hairs are missing in zoom/crosshair mode, going unzoomed and firing a shot then back to zoom and the crosshairs would be back.
    Played district last night and had several successfull squad revives , they were aweasome, however once it did revive me into/under the map.
    I found Ammo crates to be a bit more picky as to where they would and would not drop.

17. the_6th_monkey

the_6th_monkey Member

Has some mysterious patch been released somewhere or something?:eek:

18. L3TUC3

L3TUC3 Member

No.

Type "connect hl2.empiresmod.com" in console as an alternate way to reach the server.

19. the_6th_monkey

the_6th_monkey Member

aha discovered the problem

The server isn't showing in the main list for me
    I have to launch the game 1st ^^

20. Trid3nt

Trid3nt Member

there were eight people on the server and they all quit at once, but the server didn't restart?