RC 16 Patch - Are We There Yet?

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Krenzo, Jul 17, 2007.

1. Lollum

Lollum Tester++

[​IMG]
    That look´s... strange.
    [​IMG]
    Erm...

2. knighttemplar

knighttemplar Member

Wicked plasma mg
    Sometimes I get the purple texture problem, mostly in CSS though. Unless it happens every time I wouldn't say it's a bug with this RC

3. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

is there any internal testing before it comes to us. well i guess that's what we're here for :D

quick turn around on a patch possibly?

4. knighttemplar

knighttemplar Member

Well, we don't have to play with vehicles
    Just get a friend to set up a lvl 3 mg, then heal (with healing skill) a squad mate (a rifleman with dig in hopefully) until you get massive points, then test out all the new squad skills.

Perfect for minigames.

5. Krenzo

Krenzo Administrator

I forget to copy some files over to the installer sometimes. That's what you guys are here for.

6. Krenzo

Krenzo Administrator

The squad leader hide makes you hidden no matter what you're doing, walking/running/jumping.

Damage reduction reduces damage given to you.

While adding these in, I realized that none of these affect vehicles. Should some be changed to work with vehicles, ie, health regen affecting vehicle health?

7. knighttemplar

knighttemplar Member

scout = spot all enemies in a nearby radius for one minute
    Should work fine
    scout = squad members are hidden for 30 seconds
    mmm, not sure, but a hidden tank wouldn't be that hard to see.

rifleman = no stamina drain for 30 seconds
    Not applicable
    rifleman = damage is reduced by 20% for 30 seconds
    Sounds good

grenadier = weapon damage bonus of 20% for 30 seconds
    Sounds good
    grenadier = arty strike
    Not Applicable?

engineer = mass revive all dead squad members and place near squad leader
    Not Applicable
    engineer = instant health regen to 100%
    Full health is tough to say, but sure.

That leaves each class with a skill affecting vehicles and a skill which does not affect vehicles. Sounds alright to me, but I have yet to try any of the skills in game.

8. Solokiller

Solokiller Member

I don't see infantry sticking with a tank, and if it's an APC, then it should either have large benefits, or use the player's skills for the vehicles.

9. eth0

eth0 Member

Do we have an ETA on the RC16 patch, patch?

10. grayclay88

grayclay88 Banned

I think whats on everyones mind is "will this finally be the patch that lets Grayclay play?"

11. nebajoth

nebajoth Member

This is awesome. Can't wait to try out the new stuff. Thanks devs. You guys are doing a creative and amazing job.

12. Chahk

Chahk Member

I kinda like the rainbow gun. Does it shoot flowers? :p Anywho, can't wait to get home and try it out.

13. grayclay88

grayclay88 Banned

Woo! I got to play for 10 minutes before it kicked me out with the same error message! And then it wouldnt let me back in!

14. Metalhead

Metalhead Member

Is the Download fixed now?
    If yes, will I have to reinstall all rc's or just install the new rc16?

15. Silk

Silk Mapper

Actually i think the skill should be able to bring back 1 destroyed vehicle.

I'm thinking of company of heroes, in which one of the 3 allied commanders has an update which when used brings back any tank that gets destroyed, for free (using the update itself costs ammo though). In empires bringing back one tank would be more then enough. In CoH these new tanks start at the base, however if the skill in empires would only bring back one destroyed vehicle, i think it should respawn near the squadleader.
    Also remember that there will only be about 3-4 squadleaders, so if only one of them is an engineer, this could mean that only once or twice in a game he can bring back a tank. So this wouldn't make the game unfair, but can still be effective if the squadleader knows when and were to use the skill.

For gameplay it would mean:
    - the enemy has to be aware of the possibility that the tank he is trying to destroy could come back.
    - if a squadleader (or multiple squadleaders) saves some squad points, he can assist a vehicle rush by respawning the more expensive/important vehicles (for example he can respawn 2 vehicles, making the rush more succesfull - if he has saved some points).
    - Tactics should be altered even more if squadleaders can bring back (a) tank(s). If a team uses this ability, it could effectively disrupt the enemies tactic.
    - I love surprises, if other people do as well then this makes the game more fun for them (i believe seeing a destroyed tank appear again = surprise)
    - If a team is losing, the vf is destroyed, and only a few tanks are still in the game, these tanks, even if destroyed, can be brought back if an engineer can get to them before they disappear.
    - An engineer driving a tank can exit the vehicle just before it gets destroyed, use the skill, and get back in the respawned tank. This is even more fun if the enemy expected this and ordered an arty strike on the location where the tank will respawn, destroying it and the engineer immediately. But let me repeat myself: Remember that there will only be about 3-4 squadleaders, so if only one of them is an engineer, this could mean that only once or twice in a game he can bring back a tank.

Possible ways to do this:
    - vehicle respawns at base <=> near squadleader
    - engineer can bring back one destroyed vehicle near his position <=> all tanks respawn
    - the engineer can pick which destroyed tank to respawn <=> if many wrecked vehicles are near the engineer when he uses the ability, one will be automaticly chosen (for example a destroyed jeep respawns while the destroyed nuke tank stays there to disappear)

16. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

i think you should ask dizzy about that :p

i salute krenzo for his scout changes.. even tho it may seem all our ideas go in one ear and out the other.. hes really paying attention.. maybe thats why hes gets pissed off.. a million suggestions a day can do that

17. MomoZMonster

MomoZMonster Member

Great prone position now, the iron sights on Be's gun actually make sense now. The Scout wavering when tired is cool. I did notice wavering even with full stamina and I could be tarded and never noticed before.

18. grayclay88

grayclay88 Banned

WHy do you lose stamina shooting the MG from prone? And how come the MG doesnt have sights?

19. L3TUC3

L3TUC3 Member

Let's not discuss any feature requests, but rather focus on this release's added features and problems.

To keep you from running away (balance thing). It has no sights because it will get a bipod.

20. arklansman

arklansman Member

Can someone say "ZOMG EMERGENCY PATCH!!!1!"?

Where is killx when you need him. xD