Rank 40 Bonuses

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Empty, Nov 7, 2011.

1. Empty

Empty Member

Engy gets another turret, scout hides super fast.

Maybe gren should share his armor detection with the squad and rifleman gives his squad a damage bonus?

I use armor detection all the time, but it's really hard to tell your teammates where to hit, and even if you tell them only certain teammates care or figure out which tank you mean.

2. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

just for completness, engy additionally gets more walls per level.

also i think the bonus should only profit the player. sadly reload is no option, whatabout a 1-2% bullet dmg resistance to rifleman and explosion dmg resistance for gren per level (from the first one)
    i dont think you should buff damage ...

Last edited: Nov 7, 2011
  3. Empty

Empty Member

I think it should be an indirect gain.

Also what's wrong with helping your teammates?

4. flasche

nothing, but if you aint near your squad noone gets anything from it. its not like you need teammates close to build more walls or hide faster either ...

in empires there are plenty of situations where you are better off not too close to your squadmates. this is a reason why i dont really like how the whole of squadpowers and auras work. as soon as you flank (= teamwork) you usually lose all your teamwork bonuses. quite absurd isnt it?

5. -Mayama-

-Mayama- MANLY MAN BITCH

give gren double jump and more speed

6. LordDz_2

LordDz_2 Strange things happens here

I'd rather have squads reworked:
    People gain rank points for teamwork, except it counts for all people around you, not just the people in the squad.

7. Empty

Empty Member

Take backup.

There's probably hundreds of times where letting my teammates see the wounded plate on a tank would have secured a kill, or at least help them choose targets.

The amount of times I see tanks with flashing hull retreat while my teammates shoot at the fresh tanks with full armor is ridiculous.

EDIT: Payday The Heist has this cool system where each player takes a perk that only applies to his teammates. Maybe it'd be cool if we had some class skills that did that?
    Like say, squad speed boost. Gives all your squadmates speed boost but not you. Sure, you get left behind but you can spend an extra slot for speed boost yourself, or get someone else to take speed boost, or you could drive the APC.

Give it a pretty huge radius (maybe 2x current squad aura) so it's effective even into the lategame.
    Boom.

EDIT: And make them as effective as other skills, so it's actually worth considering, is it better to give your squad of four (an unknown variable) faster speed, or give yourself speed? Who can use it better?

8. ViroMan

ViroMan Black Hole (*sniff*) Bully

ehh
    Not that I don't agree but, this has been discussed before... no?

9. -Mayama-

-Mayama- MANLY MAN BITCH

Ok now serious, what about some out of jail cards. Skills that give you a chance to survive against all odds. The squadleaders class defines what ability the squad gets. Every member of the squad can use that skill for himself. Its not under the controll of the leader. For example if your squadleader is a scout you can sprint for 2x the normal speed for 5 sec if you activate the skill. Those skills need to recharge. Lets say it takes 2 minutes to recharge.

Some examples:

Engineer leader: Fast health regeneration over 5 seconds
    Scout: 2x Sprint speed for 5 seconds
    Grenadier: 50% tank damage reduction for 5 seconds
    Rifleman: Infantry damage taken and dealt is halfed for 5 seconds

edit: skills that need to be activated and have a cooldown would be a nice addition for normal skill arsenal

Last edited: Nov 7, 2011
  10. Devourawr

Devourawr Member

So while it's hard to discern what exactly you're asking for, whether it is about squad powers or individual powers like walls, I'll throw my hat in the ring.

Scrap the current squad vicinity boost system. It's shit. All it manages to do is ostracize some classes even further from ever gaining squad lead, namely rifleman.

Instead, have a system that takes the average points of each player, then give squad wide bonuses that are not vicinity related. For example, squads led by riflemen would get an increment bonus that applied to everyone based off the average number of points. They could give, say, a +1 dmg bonus and a +2% armour bonus to squad members per 10 points average.
    Engineers could give a part medic/part engineer bonus that would consist of a +1hp, +.2hp regen and allow buildings built by engineers to autoconstruct at a rate of .5%/sec.
    Grenadiers would give a squad wide bonus of armour detection, I think this is a great idea of yours that should be used. However, it would be done in flashes, so every four seconds would consist of x/4 seconds revealed, where x would increase by .75 for every 10 points average. The squad would also gain a 1% increase to damage against vehicles, from RPGs to sticky bombs to sentries built.
    Scouts would give a movespeed bonus starting at an extra 5% and increasing by 3.5% for every average 10 points. They would also gain a 3% bonus to vehicle speed with an incremental increase of 2%.

I attempted to balance out the powers fairly evenly, so this would go in hand with a slight buff to rifleman and scout squad lead powers and a nerf regarding the squad point price of grenadier and engineer powers.

While I lack the rhetoric skills to convince a large portion of the community that a system like this would be fucking amazing, and there is a serious lack of development ability, a system not necessarily identical but rather based along this idea would be incredible. In the words of a far more successful orator, DO WANT.

11. Empty

Empty Member

Devourawr, your idea is cool and has merits, but it may make the game too much of a focus on who can get the most points the fastest and become ultimate rape squad.

12. Demented

Demented Member

I thought that was the current focus.

13. Empty

Empty Member

Points and ranks are important, but comm research and your actual skill are more important in empires atm.

If you have 40 points and I have 0, I still have a reasonably good chance of killing you in combat. You have a few advantages, but it really still comes down to who sees who first, who aims better etc etc.

14. -Mayama-

-Mayama- MANLY MAN BITCH

empty you forgot to write about how awesome my idea is

15. Empty

Empty Member

I always thought that if we have activated abilities it should be like dystopia, you spend 'energy' to use it and they do interesting crap.

16. BloodRaven

BloodRaven Member

So 3 turrets? upon getting 40 points? Also maybe a small boost in health regen if that particular engineer is a squad leader, its like what, +2hp every 2 seconds now? maybe boost it to +3 or +4 every 2 seconds?

17. Deadpool

Deadpool SVETLANNNAAAAAA

the OP is flawless and everything else in here is superfluous. do what OP says. :D

18. flasche

over all your jeepophilia you seem to have failed to understand what this is all about in the first place.

19. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

Gren gets homing RPG, Rifleman gets faster reload

20. flasche

i thought reload is untouchable because it needs animation stuff?
    if you give gren homing then let it be selectable, bet a lot of grens would still like to home into enemies faces ...