PUG Signups [Sat 9/Feb 2000GMT]

Discussion in 'General' started by A-z-K, Jan 19, 2013.

1. wealthysoup

wealthysoup Lead Tester

Theres a lot to be said in terms of simplicity for disabling spec and forcing auto assign, both for players and the organisers. Ofcourse it needs a longer comm vote time though

2. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

Fixed.

I thought NF woulda send 2 full squadz of pr0 to North, it's easy chokepoint for NF.

3. A-z-K

A-z-K Member

Agreed
    Still, it was a nice idea

Last edited: Feb 11, 2013
  4. BigTeef

BigTeef Bootleg Headshot master

Copy and paste the names into note pad
    Print it
    Cut it up and place names into a hat

Then draw names and place names into two different bowls.

Its a pain in the ass, but it works better than people just picking others to make their team stacked.
    I know I tried too when I did it.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2013
  5. PredatoR[HUN]

PredatoR[HUN] Member

That's basically autoassign, only takes more time and is more complicated.

I have an idea though for all those fags who want to play in organised games: get some skill, join a clan and come at us(epic).

6. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

I almost forgot there's this thing called "scrim".

Yeah, we should have one.

7. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

Just not until April-June when I finish my job :3

After that, I'll go back to shit-talking everyone until they form a clan to try and beat us.

8. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

The last person to actually manage that was FN and his consortium. Win a round against EPIC, that is.

9. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

EPIC only lost 3 out of over 100 rounds. 2 vs Consortium (we won like 6 or 8 though), and 1 against MAD (we won like 13-15 though).

10. BigTeef

BigTeef Bootleg Headshot master

I tried to get BSID to fight you guys but cpatton dident want that.

11. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

We need a new leader in the community, the current amount (1) is clearly not enough for scrimming.

12. Reznov

Reznov Member

I really wished this pug was better than paradoxs but damn... the teams were stacked just like in paradoxs pug but in THIS ONE ... 1 hour of district with useless team picking and figuring out how to increase max players at the last moment which lead to a full 7 minute round of duststorm with stacked teams and 1/4 of the players missing.

Guess I will wait until paradox or trickster will make one again.

13. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

Couldnt make it due to exam preparations, but damn, for a pug so much in the making it sounds like a gigantic botch.

14. A-z-K

A-z-K Member

To be honest I'm sorry for the people who turned up and were supportive it didn't go better, I tried something ambitious but I messed it up because I was rushed getting the server sorted out. I'd been doing it late the night before and rushed back to start the thing after an 11 hour shift.

Plenty of people else made it far worse than it needed to be, a couple of rounds weren't even that bad - I've played worse in PUGs. I guess there is a reason why these happen so infrequently and why people hardly ever bother doing it.

I don't regret giving it a go, I do regret not asking for more help with it though.

15. мrвlυeѕĸy

мrвlυeѕĸy Member

TBH... I thought this was better than the last one. At least there was one OK game....

16. wealthysoup

wealthysoup Lead Tester

Yep, typical empires community.

Everybodys willing to whinge and moan saying it should be like this or it should be like that.

This means that people like you that do bother quickly lose interest (which I cant blame you for at all, when this is how people thank you for the effort)

Anybody that whinges cant even be bothered doing the things they say.

They are then the ones to whinge that there are no pugs / no news posts etc.

Every. Single. Time.

17. wealthysoup

wealthysoup Lead Tester

Going to double post to keep this separate from my rant above.

This is AZK's first time doing anything like this.

I've organised pugs plenty of times before and I can tell you that it usually is a bitch to sort everything out, and that im still learning better ways of doing things, either from games I organised or games that others organised.

If youve got something constructive to say, e.g.:

then say it.

If your not happy and dont have constructive criticism, e.g:

Then organise a pug yourself.

If you cant be assed organising a pug yourself (most likely, because the people that bitch are the lazy shits) then shut the f**k up.

AZK sure as hell shouldnt need to apologise for spending his time attempting to organise fun games for others to enjoy, regardless of the outcome.

18. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

Here we go with the "if you cant fo it better, then blarblarg" argument again.

19. wealthysoup

wealthysoup Lead Tester

Why not though?

Youve been here long enough to see that its consistently the same people bitching and moaning that add nothing to the game, whilst the people that do things lose the will to keep making the effort.

20. .:.HeXi.:. emcalex329

.:.HeXi.:. emcalex329 Member

Pretty much this. I'm surprised that so many people immediately go and blame AZK and call the PUG a "fail pug" out of hand, when AZK took his time and effort to organize this event.

As I said earlier, it's not his fault that a ton of people who didn't even sign up decided to join the server, and clog up slots. There were 45 people who signed up, in total. Discounting Trickster (because he had a 0.00001% chance of showing up), that makes 44 people. At most, that means that at most two people who signed up would not have been able to make the PUG. It's not AZK's fault that random people decided to join the server.

Getting gagged while teams were being selected was annoying, and I have to admit that I, amongst others, acted immaturely in changing our names as a replacement for all chat. But again, that's not AZK's fault; that's the fault of the community as a whole for their inability to act in a quasi-respectful fashion.

AZK honestly should not be apologizing for anything. He tried to use the captain's pick method of selecting teams, and although that didn't work at all, it was his first attempt to organize a PUG (or so I am told), so ease off. I respect him for the effort he put into organizing this, and I hope that the negative community response shall not deter, or scare him off, from organizing future PUGs.