PUG Signups [Sat 9/Feb 2000GMT]

Discussion in 'General' started by A-z-K, Jan 19, 2013.

1. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

I went to my team, and I Saw a lot of the players herbie picked on it too, noone wrote down a list of who was on whos team

2. Reznov

Reznov Member

Then why in the mother of god did we have to pick teams for about an hour on district?! Security, one of the squad leads for AZK, was in herbies team aswell, do you still imply that things did not got out of hands?! No wonder your pugs had the same problem.

3. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

everyone was on the right team in my pugs, and I didnt organize it.
    You should be birtching on security for changing teams then

4. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

To be honest, the teams were not seriously stacked.

First round ended too quick because NF comm was trapped I believe. We had a bit ticket lead but minimap showed a pretty balanced situation. The round could have lasted for at least 20 minutes with a tons of undecided factors.
    Even our comm was almost trapped.

Second round took us 33:55 to finish, we did not just roll them.
    Also, before the round started, I leaked a fake info about cake squad going to B3, I am not sure if you guys believed it and caused the weak resistance we met at North.

IF I was the only one who changed team, and everyone cried about this, then I accept all bitching and will apologize.
    But no.

We were told to balance the team when it's (Herbie)15v20(azk) or something like that.

Although I am a sl, but we did NOT plan anything together.
    I didn't even beforehand read the stuff that w00kie leaked in all chat.
    Because planning never works in PUG/scrim, it's all improvisation.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2013
  5. A-z-K

A-z-K Member

There wasn't really any stacks, people who changed teams did so to even the numbers. Security isn't at fault for anything.

Duststorm was a legit win by BE
    Canyon was pretty hard fought but BE just had stupid amounts of tanks compared to NF mid game. NF never crumbled though, we had grens swatting waves of heavies for 15 minutes.
    MValley was a lot of back and forth but NF always had the refs and the movement.

No round was really rolled by stacks.

6. Reznov

Reznov Member

15 vs 20... ? Ok nope, not gonna accept that in the slightest, it is like you changed clans just before the round started. Also the server was full before the round began. It just proves my point of no one keeping selected teams.

Can't say anything about round 2 but round 1 was stacked. Our team was in chaos and the other one was just filled with actual leaders(mic). The minimap looked balanced cause you guys ninjad our comm while we ran around scattered. As we heard that our comm is dieing it was already over. Basicly a pointless round.

7. PredatoR[HUN]

PredatoR[HUN] Member

Weren't you on Herbie's team? I seem to remember you being an sl.

Round one, BE was losing. If I remember right, we barely had any territory, I know for sure we didn't get middle despite sending our best squad there. Then I drove an apc into nf main from north and Zeke from the ruins, before nf got their turrets up(their main was full of unbuildt turrets) got the base down and chased the comm, eventually catching it.

8. Herbie

Herbie Junior Member

I remember being completely confident that we would have lost duststorm if it wasn't for that APC. All we had left was the ruins and that was getting runover by an apc. We had two squads that went to the middle at start, both of them couldn't make any impact at all. I really don't know how NF had any impression they were losing.

If anything round 2 felt stacked. I remember seeing 150 -60 tickets and thinking we easily had it in the bag.

9. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

Blame Paradox, he stole my position in Foxtrot and failed at middle.

10. A-z-K

A-z-K Member

Its all preds fault then.
    yeah someone was meant to hang back and build some turrets. Nvm

11. LordDz_2

LordDz_2 Strange things happens here

Actually, we had most of the turrets built. The downside of it was that most of them were built on the side facing the ruins, since everyone was moving quickly outside of the base.

So when that apc went to our main, I think you used vehicle hide too, because I couldn\t see it on the minimap, all hell went loose.

So I went up to a4, because were were losing our base and I didn't want to get behind in research + that if one team has a vehicle factory on the map and the other doesn't, the one without the vf will get swarmed by tanks in a few seconds.

So, we got our main back, I was busy dropping barracks, refineries, vehicle factory, etc for them. Also getting into the research gui and starting to research again just to not get behind.

Who pops out from nowhere in an apc that I can't see on the minimap?

ZEKE! With his lovely apc that I will from now on call Shelia.
    So no, I wasn't chased at all.. :)

Hurray. Stunned and walled in, gg. Tries to squeal out a last killspawn to the team, but alas.. Too late.
    So in the end, it wasn't really about stacked teams or not, it was just a good apc rush on a busy commander.

12. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

All Zeke does is rush APCs.

13. TheLiberalElitist

TheLiberalElitist Member

You people make me sick, all of your bitching and moaning. Poor little AZK probably cried himself to sleep that night.

Don't worry bro, I got yo back.

14. .:.HeXi.:. emcalex329

.:.HeXi.:. emcalex329 Member

I know this has probably been said already but this is how the rounds went from my perspective:

Dustorm: We easily secure ruins with basically no resistance. We do not take middle at all. About 4 minutes in, we completely lose our main. At about 6 minutes 30 seconds, I hear Zeke tell people to killspawn to his APC, so I do as a grenadier, and drop a few squad arties on the enemy cv, and we win. But yeah, we would have completely lost that if the game turned into an attrition game.

Canyon: I actually felt that Canyon was stacked, if only because we got Nihia, Youzy, Security, Predator, and Frax in a tiny chokepoint at north, continually getting squad points to the point where Security didn't even have to use a ticket. That having been said, I didn't feel much resistance in the south, either. NF would occasionally try to run APCs past our lines, but it was a simple matter to switch to grenadier and kill them. We never really began to take territory until we got our Medium tanks, but we were continually on the offensive; NF never got in range of our buildings in south, so it was just a gradual push up. If anything, it felt as though NF was just turtling in south, but I knew that as long as Foxtrot did their thing in North, just holding south would be sufficient, so I played a lot more passively than I would have otherwise.

15. A-z-K

A-z-K Member

Wut - I did a squad rev in south and you guys lost all of your forward base there. That said, it came too late because we couldn't put enough armor there but still. We contested south hard.It wasn't enough and we were like 100 tickets down... but we fought like we wanted it.

@LiberalElitist: I never cry, not ever!
    ::raises right fist skywards::

Last edited: Feb 15, 2013
  16. BigTeef

BigTeef Bootleg Headshot master

Stop it guys, just stop.

All of you were equally terrible and trembled at the sight of my BigTeets.

17. JustGoFly

JustGoFly Member

Funny the interpretation and words people posted by people blaming others for saying those words. STOP putting words in peoples mouth - especially when they are hurtful.

Pug is a fail if you can't join - I'm allowed my opinion. Also this is DATA worth mentioning to improve the next pug.

Hexi - Your interpretation that anyone HATES AZK is both unsaid and just wrong. AZK is too nice a guy to be hated by anyone.

AZK - I look forward to the next one. I know we'll have fun and as expected ANYTHING can happen and will.

IT'S EMPIRES !

I had a friggin blast on the other server and we had plenty of players. So I did not lose out on anything or was not upset for more than a few minutes when I couldn't get back in after empires crashed during the pug.

PS: What's with the selection bug ? I can select as COM for first few minutes then I have to quit, unload game and reload, join match again to select and then it lasts only a few minutes again. Are there any better ways around this bug ? Not being able to give targets or select anything is not an advantage.

Vinnie

18. BigTeef

BigTeef Bootleg Headshot master

Oh shit here comes the storm...

19. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

I thought you guys had hard battle at South, and the resistance at North was weak too.

20. Reznov

Reznov Member

@Pred: I crashed while map change, then the server was full with 42 players, I had to wait 2 minutes to join back in. After that it was 30 before round start so people told me to fill the gap of 20 vs 21 so I had no other choice because otherwise people would have bitched about stacks. I joined a squad, we got middle (fairly no resistance at all) and then lost the game because of that APC.

So yeah, I was fairly pissed off about that pug because of many reasons. Also I didn't discuss AZKs personality, just his ways of organising things, he cool guy otherwise :D. Except parabail, he deserves all of it.

p.s.: God do I hate typing replies this long with a smartphone with a bad connection which makes the message not send everytime...