PlayStation 4 - Let Us Discuss

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Grantrithor, Mar 15, 2013.

1. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

In other news http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_vWs6MpBfo
    FUCKING YES. THANK YOU DICE.

If they do not back their statement in any way with a proper argument, then yes.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2013
  2. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

My gawd, childhood memories <3

Playing battlefront 2 as a wookie with that 1 shot kill weapon <333 :|ove: :|ove: :|ove: :|ove:

3. alucard13mmfmj

alucard13mmfmj Member

Can PS4 play PS3 games? I see a PS3 game I want to play but I am not sure if it works with PS4.

It is called Killer Is Dead.

4. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

I think they dropped backwards compatibility on both consoles as that is either expensive or technically difficult.

5. Fooshi

Fooshi For fuck's sake Fooshi

Making games for the PS3 was a nightmare to begin with.

6. Candles

Candles CAPTAIN CANDLES, DUN DUN DUN, DUN DUN DUN DUN.

They're not backwards compatible because they switched to x86 from PowerPc for the processor architecture.

7. iMacmatician

iMacmatician Member

Source for the price? Apple didn't mention any prices and I haven't seen price information anywhere.

The GPUs, if they are the FirePro W9000s (which is the only option for the website configuration besides custom GPUs), then they are underclocked from 4 TFLOPS/GPU to ~3.5 TFLOPS/GPU. Probably to reduce heat output.

8. BigTeef

BigTeef Bootleg Headshot master

Mac users on my empires forum?

shame...

9. A-z-K

A-z-K Member

mac is just a custom OS now with exceptional user experience and support. The hardware seems pretty nice too, but its just a decent PC or laptop running OSX or lets be honest dual booting because why wouldn't you. Windows does do a few things easier.

10. Candles

Windows is so much easier to fix when there's a problem. Windows is more likely to have issues than OS X, but when OS X has issues, it seems the only solution most of the time is a total reinstall of the OS, while a quick Google search can fix most Windows issues. When a virus gets on Windows, it's normally a walk in the park to take it off. When a virus gets on OS X, all I can really say is, "I hope you saved the OS disks". Same with networking issues, audio issues, software compatibility and the like.

And even then, many issues with Windows is because it's compatible with so many more things. A lot of Windows development goes into making it compatible with all sorts of devices, both internal and external. In fact, by that metric, Windows beats the shit out of OS X in terms of compatibility.

And then comes the part when people who use Macs run into software issues in general, at which point I just grab the 7 disks and dual-boot them.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2013
  11. A-z-K

A-z-K Member

true, playa, true.
    though the most of basic mac osx troubleshooting is easier if not more effective.

12. BigTeef

BigTeef Bootleg Headshot master

13. Candles

Yeah, but if most computer issues were basic and easy to fix, then I'd be outta' a job.

14. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

Windows 8 is clearly not that by definition. Microsoft is trying to make an operating system for tablets that they put on PC. It isn't just user-unfriendly, it also sucks for third party development. Plus, you can't go wrong with Mac hardware. I used to laugh at Mac and act PC elitist until the day I used a macbook at my friend's house and had FPS for days. Simply put, as I have said before on these forums, Apple has always tried to give its customers a good service, and Microsoft sadly isn't, on GFWL, Windows 8, and now the xbone.

15. Candles

If you're bringing Windows 8 into the mix, then shit gets really messy, really fast. Whenever I'm discussing Windows vs OSX, I generally mean Windows 7. I would say that OSX and Windows 8 are mostly equally shitty from the viewpoint of a guy who's job is to deal with other people's problems.

And there really isn't anything special about the hardware in a Macintosh, it's not like Apple makes their own processor or graphics chipsets. Ever since the switch to PowerPC, it's just been Intel and Nvidia in a shiny case. Unless, of course, Apple is keeping even more information secret about what's inside a Mac. Then there might be something special about them.

Also, you can't get Macs with PS/2 connectors, which means no mechanical keyboards with N-Key rollover.

16. w00kie

w00kie Mustachioed Mexican

17. Emp_Recruit

Emp_Recruit Member

lets repost stuff from reddit cuz no one from here goes there or nthin

18. w00kie

w00kie Mustachioed Mexican

xactlee.

Better I repost it now and directly from reddit, than later from 4gag, 9chan, CanMeGetSausage, or w/e. My last years post history is all reposts :D

Last edited: Jun 21, 2013