PlayStation 4 - Let Us Discuss

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Grantrithor, Mar 15, 2013.

1. Pope_Homeless_XIII

Pope_Homeless_XIII Member

I'd be willing to do that, sadly my computer is ancient (I got it around Hurricane Katrina) so I can't even run it. I do have a PS3 controller (which I personally prefer) hooked up to my PC.

However should I ever be in a better financial situation

Steam
    Origin: PopeHomelessXIII

2. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

I use a PS3 controller for flying in BF3.

3. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

Yes, because a few thousand IT geniuses put in one place in the country make up for millions of those who don't know how to hook up the console in under 5 minutes.

4. .:.HeXi.:. emcalex329

.:.HeXi.:. emcalex329 Member

It's funny, because I've lived in Silicon valley for my entire life, and I'm shit with computers, as are most people here. It's like saying Berkeley is full of hippies, for instance. They're all just gross generalizations.

Back on topic: I don't care about consoles because I'm shit with using controllers.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2013
  5. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

Almost the entire world's worth of IT is designed, developed, and innovated there. Any computer you use will most likely have its roots in Silicon Valley. I also have no idea where you retrieve your statistics of Americans being unable to hook up their consoles, and seeing as how 80% of the players I play with online on PC appear to be American, I do not understand where you got the generalization that "consoles are for amerifags".

6. Emp_Recruit

Emp_Recruit Member

IMO on average America is prolly worst country in world. even somalia has some redeeming qualities like pirates

7. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

I took them out of my ass as you have noticed, but still the main console markets are Japan and America. Iirc.

8. Space_Oddity

Space_Oddity The Shitstorm

Last time I had fun on a console was on the Wii; Kart and Brawl of course.

This is the only value in irl friends, someone to play irl vidya with.

9. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

So did anyone else watch the E3 press conference? The entire time I was just thinking to myself "RIP Microsoft"...

...up until they essentially said that you need to pay 5$ for multiplayer.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2013
  10. BigTeef

BigTeef Bootleg Headshot master

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWSIFh8ICaA
    Compared to Xbox live prices, that is considerably cheaper by the mile, long as they provide the quality service their ps3 package provided it would be worth it.
    Xbox live has always demanded 15$ a month, and they were very anal about their services.

Its going to be interesting to see Sony dominate the market again after like a decade of being in 2nd place to Microsoft.

If they keep to responsible price tags it will usher in a whole new generation of refugees from the XBAWK.
    The play-station 1 days were an amazing experience, those days were the ones where I was introduced to proper RPG's and tactical strategy.
    They released titles that was suited for my feeble brain to understand and baited me to find more games and play more games, block buster and I were real close friends during those days.

Still, I have not used a controller that does not feel awkward as fuck since the SNES, mouse and keyboard fit me like a glove.
    I wonder if Nintendo plan to do anything so they still feel relevant.

11. McGyver

McGyver Experimental Pedagogue

So it's 399€ for the PS4 and 499€ for the Xbox featuring NSA watching you fap.

12. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

Yeah the price isn't that crazy, it's like nothing on someone's weekly income, but it is a step in an odd direction. Purchasing an extra internet connection was always a Microsoft thing. That's why I hope Sony rethinks their PSN Plus thing. The best part is that part about being able to purchase used games, selling games to friends or sharing games and being able to play games without an internet connection. For that reason alone the XBONE has already lost. Plus the PS4 exclusive titles looked fucking fun.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm seriously considering purchasing a PS4.

13. BigTeef

pleeb!

14. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

Yeah yeah whatever.

Lawl and it's only $399, poor Euros and their crazy currency. Britfags though get a proper exchange ratio at 349 pounds.

15. Pope_Homeless_XIII

Pope_Homeless_XIII Member

Welp I'm kinda sold, that Final Fantasy that got announced along side XIII is hopefully finally getting released & it looks pretty bitchin'. Honestly I just want a system to play the new Metal Gear & PS4 seem to be the solid choice.
    I'll probably get a PS4 after I get new computer (well provided the games I want don't get a PC port).

I hope they at least pack a mic in this time, PSN online is rather dull as no one ever talks.

16. complete_

complete_ lamer

supercharged processor and 8gb of unified memory coool
    build bigger worlds

17. BigTeef

Odd world is back, but then I heard ps4 exclusive.

Thanks guys, I appreciate you just forgetting the people who bought your odd box on steam.

18. McGyver

McGyver Experimental Pedagogue

19. ViroMan

ViroMan Black Hole (*sniff*) Bully

O M G.... that is just win.

20. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

Smug motherfucker didn't even look where he was shooting towards