Planetary Annihilation

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by BloodRaven, Jun 15, 2013.

1. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

I always wondered how to describe the way I enjoy playing RTSs, I guess that's the most accurate way. I much prefer setting up a nice base, working on a really solid economy and branching all my tech out before actually fighting. Then I like to fight with 2 large armies and just micro that as it happens, rather than nonstop battles for an hour of rushes and shit.

2. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

Rise of Nations was great ...

3. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS THISSSSSSSSSS. Exactly how I like it. This is probably why I have more fun with single player campaigns than multiplayer.

4. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

I kinda like the same as you guys, except I never got into AoE. It kinda swapped with SC2 since ladder > campaign IMO, but I still had a lot of fun with the singleplayer experience.

5. BigTeef

BigTeef Bootleg Headshot master

Look up Submarine titans.

6. Candles

Candles CAPTAIN CANDLES, DUN DUN DUN, DUN DUN DUN DUN.

This is why I'll always be shit at RTSs, because I always forget about the whole fighting part.

7. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

It seems as if you'd like sims, as funny as it sounds.

8. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

Tropico 4 is pretty neat if you just want some building with a bit of city management. Stronghold also has a pretty good base building thing, I think there was a lot of missions where you had to reach some sort of economic goal too, ones where you really didn't have to fight anything.

Submarine titans looks neat, reminds me of red alert. that depth thing looks like something I would constantly forget about though.

9. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

Tropico 4 is fucking vicious on some missions. Last mission is absolute horseshit due to its ass high happiness requirement. I ended up having to make a snail city because intersections slow down the citizens too much.

Also, it kind of pissed me of that while you had many options to choose from, soime were much better than others. I couldnt find anything better than first going all out mining and then switching to mass factories after getting 5 banks.