Official Comic

Discussion in 'Worldbuilding' started by Shinzon, Jul 14, 2006.

1. Awrethien

Awrethien Member

The spawn menue doesnt work for Gmod10 becasue the interface is handled differently.

2. eth0

eth0 Member

Oh, bugger... guess i'm gonna to wait until some nice person figure out how to get emp_* maps to work (w/decompiling them to add the info_player_start ent, otherwise GM10 crashes) and "how to spawn ammoz?" and all other empires content.

I'd really like to do some nice stuff with the emp_streatsoffire [sic] map (i have it, but couldn't release an screenshots as it's gonna be release for 1.(0)8).

If there is a GMod10 genius out there i'm sure we'd all very much appreciate it!

3. Awrethien

Awrethien Member

Why dont you jsut use GMOD9? Its free and the spawn menue still works.:rolleyes:

4. eth0

eth0 Member

Well, because i own Gmod10... it's "better" and i'd like to do empires stuff in it?
    Sometimes the simplest answer is not best ;)

Again, if anybody is familiar with the GMod10 system, i.e. how to 'mount' the Empires stuff (gfc?), spawn stuff and loaded un-modified maps that be appreciated. (I surely can't be the only one w/GM10 wanting to do this?)

5. Stu

Stu BehälterGott

Copy models and materials folders from empires folder, then make the spawn menu using the in-game spawn menu creator. Don't forget to save after you make the spawn menu or you will lose it the next time you start gmod.

6. eth0

eth0 Member

Ah, i was hoping to avoid this stu by doing it the "gmod 9" way as i understand by "mount" in gmod10 you can make some sort of configuration files that simply points to the mod directory resources you want and then they will be available to gmod10.

I guess you right about the spawn menu though, again i was kinda hoping somebody would of already made an "Empires" save category for download, guess that person's gonna be me!

Thanks

7. KILLX

KILLX Banned

you can delete your own posts in edit, stop being lazy!

this post will self destruct one day, if i remember to delete it

8. The Buttery Lobster

The Buttery Lobster Drama Queen.

Wow, I can't believe i didn't know about this thread; I really should read the storyline forum more often. Anyhoo, nobody pointed it out so really quick I'll just say that if you're looking for material to make funny comics, the Noob's Guide to Empires is a good place for inspiration. I don't need to link it, you all know it by heart, I'm sure.

I would really like to see some funny comics, though. Serious ones I'm bored with quickly.

Or has this idea been completely abandoned?

9. Shinzon

Shinzon Member

I edited the first post and added all of the comics in there... probably should have done that a long time ago...

10. Trid3nt

Trid3nt Member

I gots me a new comic but imageshack wont work :(

EDIT: Scratch that, it's working

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 10, 2007
  11. arklansman

arklansman Member

12. Trid3nt

Trid3nt Member

13. Bodrick

Bodrick Ye Olde Supermod