Nine mining removed in 2.2? Really?

Discussion in 'General' started by Tovarich Cookie, May 13, 2008.

?

do you WANT nine mine?

Poll closed Feb 6, 2011.
  1. Yeah.

38.1%
  2. No.

31.0%
  3. Really, i dont care.

31.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Empty

Empty Member

No.

2. Pope_Homeless_XIII

Pope_Homeless_XIII Member

You know thats the kind of attitude that gets people into trouble in the real world. :) I'm just gonna let it sink in & leave it at that as I don't feel like starting up all this drama over over some mod. Do what you want, run this mod to the ground for all I care.

3. Bishop Gantry

Bishop Gantry Member

How is a one trick pony supposed to keep the game intresting in the long run?

As I see it the 9 mines trick has always been a one trick pony that covered up the weaknesess of the grenadiers mortar and rpgs inability to effectivly engage vehicles, something he should exel at.

And things like 9 mines dosent make sense while ruining it for other people and it looks unpolished aswell. same can be said about bunny hopping, rocket jumping or Tribes sliding. To name a few examples.

The grenadier can be properly ballanced once 9 mines is removed...

4. Pope_Homeless_XIII

Well with the removal of 9 mine you basically remove any offensive advantage the grenadier might of had against tanks late game (Because we all know few people rarely research upgraded RPGs due to cost) as well as remove any chance a team currently low on res might of had if 9 mine were not removed.

5. Chahk

Chahk Member

So why not fix the actual problem instead of keeping in a borderline exploit? Why not concentrate on making the Grenadier more useful by lowering the price (and perhaps research requirements by moving it up the tree a bit?) of the Gren Upgrades?

6. Solokiller

Solokiller Member

Yeah, you seem to miss the point, with 9 mine in, you can't balance his other abilities and weapons.

7. Pope_Homeless_XIII

Ugh finally a decent answer. See that could work. But still I would like see something that's "unfair" for lack of a better term but not gamebreaking so the team that is basically winning still has to keep on it toes if they don't want to lose (Kinda like the Ubercharge in TF2).

8. arklansman

arklansman Member

The grenadier's reload times are going to be cut as well BTW.

9. CobaltBlue

CobaltBlue Member

Okay, to be quite frank that is hilarious, I definitely LOLed at that. Although, Diz, to claim ignorance is to make yourself ignorant.
    Yes Diz, how can you expect anyone to listen to your "arguments" when you just reply to ours by saying "there is no valid reason to keep it." ?
    Did you honestly just eThreaten someone?!

P.S. This thread needs to get back on track and it appears I'm one of the few people who can still maintain an objective and impartial perspective, so later today when I have time I'll read through all the posts again and make a full PROS/CONS list of everyone's points.

10. LordDz

LordDz Capitan Rainbow Flowers

Dude, just give it up. Removing 9mining won't change the whole damn game. It might actually make it funnier. And while aircraft is in the air, you can't even 9mine them. So don't care and just let the developers make their work.

And I still want my blimpz.

11. Pope_Homeless_XIII

Nope personal experience. Lets just say some like Dizzy insulted a friend of mine by questioning his Intellect, & he got him back by giving him a lung butter burger. :D

12. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

You guys are pathetic.. Quit caring

13. Krenzo

Krenzo Administrator

Great Ending

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.