NF Shotgun Concept

Discussion in 'Art' started by Vessboy, Apr 17, 2009.

1. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

My analogy was meant to demonstrate that 'creativity' produces a lot of variety, but it doesn't produce something that works a lot of the time.

Most plane designs throughout history crashed, because people were more concerned with being creative than with actually trying to produce something that works.

You can become to obsessed with being weird and wonderful and end up with things that just aren't good designs.

This latest design suffers from the same problem, it looks silly, why is the hammer cocking lever on the top while the trigger is in front of it and the grip is further forward still? How exactly does the trigger operate the hammer from there? Why is the stock clearly designed to be held just behind the cylinder when there's nothing to operate there? Why does it look like someone glued a bunch of wood onto a gun at random points? How the hell do you reload it with all that in mind? It's got a manual cocking mechanism above the cylinder so why have they attached that to a thing on the front? WHY DOES IT HAVE A HAMMER, PUMP, AND LEVER MECHANISM AND CYLINDER WHICH ALL DO THE SAME THING? It's like someone took a revolver and then rigged up a bunch of weird things to reload it without touching any of the components, which completely removes the point of a revolver.

If it was a plane, it would be this:

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 4, 2009
  2. -Mayama-

-Mayama- MANLY MAN BITCH

give NF a civil (aka hunting/police) shotgun from the Empires universe that is rigged for military use.

3. Mr. Weedy

Mr. Weedy I will report bugs on the bug tracker

Meh. I'm starting to get tired of that.

Why don't you come up with dozen new unique ideas so I can point out how boring looking they are and ripped from real life?

Or are you afraid that you may OMG make something creative and people won't like it? If you keep doing that, throwing some lame words to other people, and won't prove your points with your own designs/solutions you are exactly like everyone else who flame and troll. You point out the problem, you rip the problem, you throw it all over the place, you shout it out loud LOOK LOOK I FOUND AN ERROR I'M GOOD YOU SUCK I'M GOOD! instead of saying, that's not how I feel like it would work and instead show your own designs and solutions to the problems.

Yet I haven't seen even one single post from you on this whole forum where you would show that how the problem is fixed instead of saying OMG THIS HAS NO LOGIC I CAN DO BETTER BUT I WON'T BECAUSE I'M TOO GOOD FOR IT.

4. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

If you want my idea of a good design based on this theme, look at the original post, it's a simple design, interesting theme, and makes a decent amount of sense.

I'm not trying to fix the problem because my whole point is that it was working well when it started, and what you've done is add on lots of other things that spoil it. Take off all the stuff you added and it will work again.

I always design based on function, and that defines the form, not the other way round, and as a result I never end up with obfusticated designs for things.

5. arklansman

arklansman Member

That plane is awesome.

6. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

does the plane fly?

7. Mr. Weedy

Mr. Weedy I will report bugs on the bug tracker

I don't think so because the plane's wing shape is one sided. It is rounded only from the top, it would have to be rounded from the bottom too.

That's not your idea, that's not your image. That's Vess idea of the gun.

But whatever I've ran out of ideas. And I tell you reality sucks, that's why there are games.

8. Alceister

Alceister Member

If I can get my scanner working, I will demonstrate why an overwhelming primacy of form over function will not result in better work.

9. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

Yes it made a transatlantic flight I think.

But multi-winged planes are inferior to single wing planes in most instances, and nothing bigger than a biplane ever really took off.

No it's not my idea, but I endorse it, vess is better at NF gun ideas than I am.

10. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

i had a go at it too

people on irc didnt like it :(

[​IMG]

11. LordDz

LordDz Capitan Rainbow Flowers

Paintball!

12. Vessboy

Vessboy Member

make your own topics!
    there's a whole art forum!

13. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

:( ppl dont like it oh well

14. Sherbie

Sherbie Member

This perfectly fits the NF style.

15. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

what does? there are more gun designs in this thread then different posters ;)

16. Z3RO

Z3RO Member

Early wip.

[​IMG]

17. Jessiah

Jessiah Member

I still don't get why people are making NF shotguns when the devs have expressed that they like DonMegels work, and they would rather missing models (aircraft, BE jeep, NF AF, etc) get worked on.

18. Z3RO

Z3RO Member

Mayama is working on the Brenodi shotgun, I'm modeling this because I love the concept.

[​IMG]

19. Z3RO

Z3RO Member

20. -Mayama-

-Mayama- MANLY MAN BITCH

Hey you you can model! Haha, its just that most model attempts in this community fail. So everyone automatical assumes that the result will be shitty ^^.