NF Shotgun Concept

Discussion in 'Art' started by Vessboy, Apr 17, 2009.

1. -Mayama-

-Mayama- MANLY MAN BITCH

Theirs not such a thing as a bad idea.
    Every Idea is equal important.
    Beeing close minded means you wont get good results in the end.
    You dont screw the original drawing you take it and work on it asf...
    or with other words...
    Its not a fucking piece of art its a concept drawing, concept drawings
    are made to show stuff and to visualize ideas. How you did that is not important.
    Concepts are tools to work with.
    If you want your picture not beeing changed, put it on a wall and call yourself artist...

2. Jessiah

Jessiah Member

8=========D
    Hai lewk I made a concept for a penis! By your logic Alceister no one can ever use any combination of those characters because their mutilating my design.

3. Alceister

Alceister Member

No by my logic, I wouldn't care, because I never made that in the first place. Neither would anyone else, because it's become such a widespread symbol that is so simple and easy to duplicate that there is no original author that can be determined.

And about your every idea comment Mayama...
    [​IMG]
    Same thing. Even if you're "contributing", you may or may not be useful at all.

Either way, when people work together on an idea, you assume that each of them are of equal competence to one another.

Now I'm going to voluntarily shut up about this topic, because honestly, this whole argument is stupid. But fact is that people made some unwelcome photoshops of Vess' original picture and he's frustrated because some half-wits who can't even draw are telling him how to do his work.

4. Jessiah

Jessiah Member

People aren't telling him how to do his work, people are coming up with their own ideas. You don't post something if you aren't ready for people to give you their take.

5. -Mayama-

-Mayama- MANLY MAN BITCH

No one told him how to do his work, everyone shows his ideas.
    How you show your Ideas doesnt matter, as long as people get the idea.

6. Jessiah

Jessiah Member

I'd also like to point out that by not including a licensing statement/copyright or watermarking the images with a copyright, he releases them into the public domain when he posts them. We can do whatever the hell we want TBH. Not trying to be a dick, just stating facts.

7. Alceister

Alceister Member

A better question is why have a revolver at all if a pump mechanism is already there. Redundant, overcomplicated, and with less advantages than either one alone.

8. Alceister

Alceister Member

Precisely.

9. Alceister

Alceister Member

Sigh...

You can't load a revolver from the front.

10. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

Ok I retract my earlier statement, those all look ridiculous.

11. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

i see them as a process of creativity, carry on

12. Mr. Weedy

Mr. Weedy I will report bugs on the bug tracker

Alceister. We did talk with Vess in privacy and he did tell what my ideas are, they are rough concepts from which I should pick the best one if I wanted to make a finished looking concept and I agree with him.

I made those so anyone could get more ideas out of them and maybe make a finished concept which would be ready to be modeled.

And as far as we talked I got the feeling that Vess is okay with my ideas and we are all cool and stuff, he just was a bit annoyed how hastily threw my ideas out on this forum and wanted to say to teach me a bit. But my intention wasn't trying to come up with 100% logical, extremely simple, very functional weapon which would be cheap to produce in real life or in game life and which would make sense in both universes.

He didn't mind me using his picture but he did say some of my ideas are a bit dumb and I admit that but those are just early concepts, not finished concepts just to give people more ideas to make FINISHED CONCEPTS.

I made those pictures more for people to make their own finished concpets which are drawn from scratch.

Basically, everything's cool. Me and Vess are cool and so on. Now we just need someone to come up with finished idea for BE's shotgun/scout rifle replacer weapon/whatnot and then find a modeler.

Edit: Ok. I understand now what people see when they see my pictures because I got the same feeling (I think) when I saw Avair's gun. Basically it is lols. Yes and I was first like ok... but then I thought, fuck it, how this thing is meant to work? And I realized how nice this idea actually is but it needs a bit work.

For example if you try to aim with that short support the hammer is going to kick you in the ear.

If Avair won't mind, I'll post my improvement suggestions here.

Last edited: May 2, 2009
  13. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

I see them as being to creativity what a plane crash is to the development of powered flight.

14. Bishop Gantry

Bishop Gantry Member

[​IMG]

Out of all those im rather fond of this one

15. Mr. Weedy

Mr. Weedy I will report bugs on the bug tracker

Chris, you obviously were with those who invented the parachute. I'm with those who invented the airplane.

Anyway. A bit modifed version of avair's weapon. It does still look quite goofy but if you can get pass that stage this is pretty realistic design and the firing mechanism is as simple as shit.

[​IMG]

Works as avair described. Cartridge pops to the right, you use your right arm to pop the old buck out, speed load new bucks in and lock and load the cartridge. Then you just pump the handle one time to load the hammer and after that you can fire it like normal 8 shooter revolver. Of course this could be made to look even cheaper, simpler and faster to produce but I didn't concentrate on that. I'm just showing a bit improved idea and not the final idea. The weapon could be made to look cheaper, faster and easier to produce on later concept versions if this is the kind of design people feel like looks nice and is enough fast to load and has enough simple mechanisms and what not.

The advantage of having both arms farther in front is that the gun is more stable when fire. You don't hold the barrel up only by your left arm but both arms get almost the same amount of weight on them reducing one arm's weight load thus reducing inaccuracy.

Edit: And by the way the picture whic Bishop Gantry picked reminded me of something and I remembered what that reminded me of. The similarity is pure coinsidence. I didn't even remember the whole gun while making the shotty revolver gun.

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 2, 2009
  16. Omneh

Omneh Member

Instead of butchering the same picture repeatedly with various image editing programs, why not draw your own?

17. -Mayama-

-Mayama- MANLY MAN BITCH

Imo Bullpup would fit better for a BE shotgun

18. Jessiah

Jessiah Member

I agree with mayama, bullpulp is a more technical design, not something NF could mass produce.

19. Jessiah

Jessiah Member

Without that ugly fucking handle sure ^^

20. Jessiah

Jessiah Member

fugly handle no want :<