New League Season

Discussion in 'Clans' started by Evan, Dec 23, 2008.

?

Interested in a new League season?

1. Yes! Sounds like fun

66.7%
  2. No, I'm not interested.

33.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Evan

Evan League Commissioner

Let me clarify: At the beginning of each season, the clan scores are reset to 1500. During the season, they flucuate up and down with the highest score being the winner.

So how good a clan is at the beginning of the season has no effect. It's fair

The chart also spits out wins and losses so that can be considered

2. Cyber-Kun

Cyber-Kun Member

It is amazing how adding two words and replacing one clan tag, this sounds exactly what I would say.

3. Stu

Stu BehälterGott

How bout this, a team of 10 JPL and BSID versus 10 people who want evan to run the leauge like it has been run in the past (read: fail). If JPL&BSID win, there will be no more talk of a league unless we approve. If we lose, then we will participate in the league and not say a word. Sound fair?

4. Evan

Evan League Commissioner

How about if you don't want to participate you don't post anything?

5. Stu

Stu BehälterGott

How bout no

6. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

Umm possibly, but I'm not sure on a few of the protocols or stuff, so I'll try read up and give you an answer later.

Also, this is what I mean about being negative, if you don't like how it is, why not make an input and try make it better? Bitching won't get it anywhere.

And besides, as Evan said, there were no problems in season 2 except lack of clans apparently, but again, I'll have to read up and find out.

7. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

Three pages in a day...impressive.
    Well, one thing i've always funny as...well, me...is the supposed CW rigging that went on. Even if it was true (which I know nothing about), it's hilarious because historically CW has sucked at every match ever. Intentionally changing map when another clan was about to win, would be like giving a blind man a new gun when he's run out of ammo, and trying to get him to hit a target. Nothing useful is gonna happen :rolleyes:

Of course, CW is pretty much reformed now, so you'll at least have to watch your step this time :p

Always thought the PUG idea was cool, but of course, being me...I took the idea a step further in my mind. In risk play, the major element, is that the people you played in one sector, in one match, can rarely be used in the other. So the more land you take the more spread will your elites will be.

THIS IS AN EXCELLENT CONCEPT TO ME.

Because of this idea, I envisioned a pug war, where clans would be accentuated with PUG recruits from the unclanned gamers of Empires. Defending a side with your best men would mean your recruits would have to perform like badass mutherfockers to hold that side if it was attacked. Of course, the enemy would not know who holds what before they attack and that would be information gained from a battle, and men could be moved from one sector to the other (re-deployed) it'd just take a round.

Master Command would be a forums where clanners involved in the War on that site would be registered, and also every single wannabe unclanned recruit.

The beauty of this is that it means if you only have one territory you can always field your best men, but when you gain more and more of the map, you'll be spread thinner. Of course, your frontline will most likely contain most of your good men, but they'll always be a few weakspots.

Effectively, it makes you create a few teams.

But yeah...waaay too ambitious for something like this. I guess it'll stay in the place of my brain next to "what Empires really should be" ^^

8. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

Yay, I gots my steam account back.

So yeh I'm totally up for this now, I and I wanna speak to Evan about maybe updating things and stuff, maybe this could really be something good this time round. Aside from us 5 clans, are there any others? Do @@@@ still exist? are Rjw still going?

9. Coffeeburrito

Coffeeburrito Coder

Notes:

- To reiterate, the spontaneous map changes were a problem with Basic Admin Tool not accustomed to games with no time limit, even if it claimed to support such things.

- ELO ranking is an internationally accepted method of ranking, and made sense because people got to choose who to attack. As such, we didn't want a certain clan always attacking the lowest ranked clan without dimishing returns. No jabs about CW being the lowest ranked; this was decided well in advance. It just so happens that ELO doesn't work as well when you introduce a risk-style gameboard.

- As far as I know, the league was Evan's idea to bring attention to and spread Empires. There once was a competing league started by a certain disgruntled clan, but it failed to get off the ground even when this league was at its worst. Trying to remove Evan doesn't seem very logical.

10. Lithium

Lithium Member

coffee burrito, from my understanding the risk gameboard is for the P.U.Gs which are open to pubbers and are seperate from the league.

As for the league itself it probably would be best if it was somthing akin to season 2 with some tweaks for a small pool of clans

11. Evan

Evan League Commissioner

From the massive number of PMs I've received, it seems like a NF/BE PUG is the next step. I will try to set that up and run it myself with coffeeburrito and nebajoths help. League is on hold til we have more clans. Keep scrimming and get your clans in fighting shape.

12. Opie

Opie Member

I am hesitant to take over the league. I am in graduate school, I work in a science laboratory 60 hours a week, I study every night, I am planning a wedding with my fiance, I am having to look for work. I have not even installed 2.2.

If I were to accept, I would need help from people. First off, there is way too much talk of another season, we need the damn PUG first. That would require someone with a good server.

What I would be is impartial, I will let the people decide on topics. What I can not be is constantly involved. If at anytime I feel like it has become too much work then I would have to quit, and give someone else the power.

Give me a day to think about it, fiance and I are arguing about whether people who go to weddings actually care about party favors.

This is what I love to hear Evan. I would like to see what you guys have planned.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2008
  13. nebajoth

nebajoth Member

Stop trolling, two members of JPL.

14. Jcw87

Jcw87 Member

I'm just popping in to say BAT is made of fail. BAT is why those chopper fucktards were able to grief so long. That voting exploit that they used STILL HAS NOT BEEN FIXED, EVEN THOUGH I REPORTED IT! There have been only 3 updates since then, and none of them mention fixing an exploit. It's the buggiest admin plugin I've ever seen, and nobody should use it. If you know of a server that uses it, get them to remove it.

Ok, clan/leadership flamewars resume...

15. Lithium

Lithium Member

I suggest that if you accept you pick a person who would assume your responsibilities should you become overwhelmed with management and help you while you are in charge

16. Emp_Recruit

Emp_Recruit Member

I hereby accept full control of the league. As my first act of business I demand 10000000 dollars from each clan in registration fees.

17. communism

communism poof

Done
    now give me sex

18. -Mayama-

-Mayama- MANLY MAN BITCH

Uhm I have 2 rolls of toilet paper or 7 euro here, decide!

19. Evan

Evan League Commissioner

The offer was to opie and dubee. He needs to powershare if he's going to get it

20. bitchslap

bitchslap Member

1. i agree that the league should be postponed and not rushed, PUGS are probably the best route, let's work on that in a separate thread.

2. IF a league is to be successful, ALL rules/votes/decisions should be made by either a) clan leaders or b) a single clan rep. from each participating clan. Having ANY 1 or 2 ppl (clanners or not) in charge is not really representative and will ALWAYS have 'drama' issues. Each clan could easily select their leader or an individual on their team to voice/represent their clan's interest.

3. Five clans is BARELY enough for a league and although we COULD make it succeed we are not going to gain much from it right now. Best thing to do (besides the PUG concept) to garner more clan interest and attention to the MOD is to simply SCRIM MORE. People notice when a svr is lockedwith 20-30 clanners on. And then they talk about it what happ. It's interesting.

4. The rules are good (not perfect) and would likely be a reasonable to work from. Tweaking and changing things can easily be done with the aforementioned voting by 'council' system, and should be done well before the 'season' starts. Any changes after that can only be allowed after the season is completed. Otherwise its just stupid.

5. Neba : ty for hosting the league site and offering it to the community for positive gains. Hopefully we can all come together 'enough' to form something viable this time. MAD's server is available for LEAGUE use when the time comes.

6. MOAR FLAMES.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.