New GUI idea (for next empires version) with a picture

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Lithium, Nov 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

I don't think there's anything on the HUD that doesn't need to be there with the exception of "refinarys", though I would admit for once that's something that is quite interesting to have on a HUD and doesn't take up much space. I wouldn't miss it but it's a nice idea.

the less there is on a HUD the better. everything that you don't need to know every second, or that is important enough that missing such information would be very bad for your team is important.

so health, ammo, stamina, mine counter fall into the first category.

commander, map, res and tickets fall into the second category.

As i've said many times, stuff that isn't imidiately being effected should become more (-> 25% perhaps) translucent, and the default translucence for all things including the map should be 50%

If we are to have a screen displaying important game statistics, make it the map, so bringing up the big map (default m) will also have the info on it. I would also personally move the refinary count, vehicle and aircraft counter to that screen too.

this latest HUD is by far the best, REALLY really nice. I am getting more and more desperate to use that lithium every time i see it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.