New AFV

Discussion in 'Art' started by Vessboy, Jan 25, 2009.

1. Headshotmaster

Headshotmaster Member

This has my stamp of approval

2. Mr. Weedy

Mr. Weedy I will report bugs on the bug tracker

Only thing which I would like to change in that are the rear wheels. Turn them into track driven, as in original AFV. Would make it look better in my eyes and it would be half-track vehicle which is powerful vehicle because of the tracks. They have a lot grip and can go over all kinds of surfaces.

But that's my opinion. Tracked or not, that still looks good.

3. zenarion

zenarion Member

Also add a door to the back, so the passengers have a viable way of climbing in.

4. Sherbie

Sherbie Member

Or some way of climbing onto the top.

5. Arcadia

Arcadia Member

I like your alterations Fryt, it's definitely looks better with four wheels on the side or the three-wheeled one as well. The three-wheeled one is what I'd like to drive. The third wheel should be backup a bit more however.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2009
  6. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

If afv will be remade ,the brenodi will be superior in tank fights, because nf med is HIT ME sing too

would be best to alter them both imo

<yes yes i know about lack of modelers....>

7. Vessboy

Vessboy Member

Theres doors on the sides. the rear is where the engine is.

I could thin it abit...

8. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

The profile views all look very good, the only one that doesn't is the top view. I like the look of the side views especially, and the back one looks interesting as well, but I picture it being about 2 people wide, rather than 3 which is what you have at the front.

Look at the stryker, that would be a superb base for this vehicle, and then add in the sdkfz elements and the sort of segmented armor plate look you have on the side views, that would look brilliant.

[​IMG]

Especially the stryker MGS, which is very much like the AFV in real life, the gun is designed to give infantry travelling in the stryker some serious firepower.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 26, 2009
  9. Headshotmaster

Headshotmaster Member

I want this so bad >_<

10. teh_ham

teh_ham Member

I like Chris' and Fryts idea, but if you're going for a boat-like shape then I suggest making the AFV amphibious. Also, change the turret. It has the same turret as the BE APC yet the NF LT doesn't have the same turret as the NF APC.

11. Lollum

Lollum Tester++

NF med is actually ok compared to lt vs AFV.

12. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

i like the original, and i admire vess his... "ability to draw nice and imagine things to draw" how do i call this?

some of the alternatives look interesting, but i would keep the broad sides for sturdyness, only the front wheel axes look a little exposed and fragile, but only a minor issue

Last edited: Jan 27, 2009
  13. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

'Creative skills' would work.

14. PwnedYoAss

PwnedYoAss Member

Hey Vess, I'm currently working on a rough model of it, but the pictures you've posted aren't to scale with each other, not to mention the wheels kind of block most of the detail behind them.... Preferably I'd like to see more of a schematic scaled drawing, but I'm just saying.

Also, a drawing at an angle would help give me a better idea of how this is supposed to look like man...

You don't really have to color them in, I just need a good outline and silhouette of it, scaled possibly

Last edited: Jan 28, 2009
  15. flounder

flounder Member

Last edited: Jan 28, 2009
  16. Aquillion

Aquillion Member

Don't forget, though, that NF now has superior weapons -- in general, missiles are superior to cannons. Not overwhelmingly so, but enough to make up for the difference.

Also, the differences between meds and heavies are not that big, overall, compared to the LT difference. An LT can simply rape an AFV at close range. The Med/Heavy advantages are far more subtle than that.

17. -Mayama-

-Mayama- MANLY MAN BITCH

The subtle advantage of having dual ranged or guided and raping everything
    that comes into its path :P

18. Aquillion

Aquillion Member

Between BE and NF, I mean. Not over LTs or between meds/heavies, that'd be silly. :p

Although... while the distinction between Meds and Heavies still isn't exactly subtle, it's worth pointing out that it's much less than it used to be, mainly because the best all-around weapons tend to be two-slot now instead of three-slot, so a heavy now 'only' has double the firepower instead of having access to overwhelmingly superior weapons in every respect like the old rails.

19. GoodGame

GoodGame Member

I think regardless, the point is to make the AFV less of semi-truck brick, and a bit more modern tactical-looking.