New AFV

Discussion in 'Art' started by Vessboy, Jan 25, 2009.

1. Vessboy

Vessboy Member

New AFV
    The Light tank is a fast and versitile weapons platform that can even be seen late game. The Brenodi AFV however is not. The designe of this vehical is it's greatist flaw. That In Mind I suggest that a new AFV be created. One that is still different from the LT but able to hold it's own. I have created such a designe. One that could keep the current passenger number and armor thickness and speed, while preforming well enough to fight.

Gentlemen(and lady) I give you the New AFV
    [​IMG]

Pros:
    -shorter profile
    -visualy apealing
    -Looks diferent then APC

Cons:
    -kinda wide(may look akward from coms perspective)
    -some might find it difficult to give up our current wheeld coffin.

Alternatives:
    -...?

2. GoodGame

GoodGame Member

Good job on re-making the wheels to realistic proportions. Being distinct from the APC is kind of a winner.

3. Sherbie

Sherbie Member

I fucking love it. FUCKING. LOVE. IT.

You could make the turret a bit broader, otherwise this is one pretty motherfucker! :D

IMPLEMENT. NOW.

4. Gen. Lee Outrageous

Gen. Lee Outrageous Member

thats gorgeous! leave the body as it is! if i were to change anything i would do 8 wheels instead of 6. much like the btr-80 or stryker AFV

5. Maxaxle

Maxaxle Member

Oh great. Now we have to upgrade the Light Tank too :rolleyes: .

6. No. 6

No. 6 Member

I love the pictures from the side but I'm not so sure about the width of the vehicle. It seems a bit fat when you look at the front or back.

7. Fricken Hamster

Fricken Hamster Mr. Super Serious

It looks awesome... but It also looks like it still a lot bigger than the light tank....

8. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

Looks fat.

Make it a touch thinner, or make the turret wider, at the moment it looks like it's been stretched sideways.

Or possibly make the nose a bit wider, the top down view just looks really odd, the other views are nice but the proportions are off.

9. angry hillbilly

angry hillbilly Member

looks more like a A.L.E.V (Armoured Land Excivation Vehical) than and AFV because its so wide. Make is Slightly less wide. Apart from that this looks like one mean tank ^^

10. Sandbag

Sandbag Member

no, it's not too fat. here's why:

you're all used to looking at AFVs (as well as APCs, especially the NF APC) which are obsurdly tall. IRL they would be really top heavy, but i think some tinkering with the scripts puts their centre of mass a lot lower than you would expect.

what you are looking at there is a normal vehicle.

11. flounder

flounder Member

Pwnedyoass started a model for this awhile ago but got hung up when he couldn't settle on how to design the rear of the vehicle. Run this by him again and see if he's willing to make up a rudimentary model to give to the devs.

If not maybe I'll give it a try. How much different could modeling be over mapping?

12. No. 6

No. 6 Member

A lot different :unsure:

13. Sherbie

Sherbie Member

He could just make one out of brushes... D:

14. Vessboy

Vessboy Member

If some one wants to model it they gotta be able to texture it to. This is supposed to be an upgrade. If Some one can best the Current AFV then I'll advocate your model to the devs. How ever. it must be useble in engine.

15. PwnedYoAss

PwnedYoAss Member

Vess, you didn't call me now did you?

16. Tealon

Tealon Member

I really like this baby :-)

17. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

Yes I know that the dimensions are plausible but not with that design.

Low and wide is preferable but low and wide is almost always found on tracked vehicles, wheeled vehicles tend to be less wide, like the stryker, and especially ones which are set up like this is, which is like a sdkffz halftrack.

Either position the wheels more like you would caterpillar treads, or make it thinner.

18. Demented

Demented Member

If you've got room for three adjacent portholes on the front, you're doing it wrong. That thing's not an AFV, it's a boat!

Who cares about plausibility? Anything is plausible. The dimensions are just ugly. At least, in the front and top views. The side views are awesome. I'm guessing it's mainly because the thing is so short but at the same time it's so long. The box-like top view doesn't help matters, especially contrasting it with the relatively tiny turret.

If you want implausible, the exposed forward wheel axles are just a bad weakpoint. I'd blow off the wheels with a sticky grenade. Then the thing would tilt forward from its middle wheel and I'd get to laugh as its rear wheels are lifted off the ground. There goes your traction.

The problem is that you're tring to make something equivalent to the NF's light tank, which looks like it came out of a bad GI-Joe episode. Trying to make the AFV big enough to fit four to six people when the LT can barely fit one is going to make all sorts of hideous badness result. (Really now, how many people are you going to fit into the LT? The second guy sitting in the turret has to sit there because there's no room for anyone else! I wonder how they drive the turret...)

19. Sherbie

Sherbie Member

It's amphibian! It should be able to swim! >:|

20. Fryt

Fryt Member