My POV of how to improve Empires gameplay... #1

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by chernobog, Mar 29, 2016.

1. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

Everything I said in regards to light tanks and research is 100% factually correct in empires. That's just the way it works. If I'm wrong please disprove me.

Again movement speed doesn't affect your ability to keep your crosshairs on a target. If it is then either your sensitivity is too low or too high.

For me it is about how fast a weapon fires, I was using that famas in bf3 and it's just hard to use full auto at a distance, a single tap is like 8 rounds. There I would want a firing mode. For pretty much of all of empire weapons you can fire just one bullet, sometimes it's 2.

Well as long as machine pistol stats were changed, probably by quite a bit, then yeah sure give it a firing mode. I mean it's really balanced around the idea of a short range pistol, a counter part of nf's shot pistol. Giving it a single shot firing rate means one would assume it can be as accurate as p1, so things need to be adjusted accordingly.

If you don't want me to keep making guesses about what you are trying to say or mean you should probably explain yourself a bit better. You've been rather vague most of the time.

Further expand means to add on to, it doesn't mean the same thing as expanding your horizons.

Please define middle ground, I coulda sworn it was reaching an agreement through compromises. Or at least finding something inbetween 2 ideas.

2. Neoony

Neoony Member

My bad, I just couldnt hold myself xD
    Its not really that you would be annoying.... xD

As Lazybum said, in Empires when you use iron sight mode, you start walking.

WHICH is actually one of the reasons why its just not very advantageous to use iron sights in empires....if you didnt know...

But anyway, just use that bind and go walking?
    Actually if you dont want it toggleable all you need to do is enter this command: "bind alt +walk"
    ...and be my guest, go walking.

Its part of source engine, meaning its already in the game. All you need to do is set it up, if you really feel like walking in this game.

3. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

youre a masochist lazy ...

... even i gave up already :D

this is wrong though. the movement along the "view-plane" indeed is a factor. BUT its relative, if both move in the same direction at the same speed*, it cancels eachother out and even though you might fly trough the level at ludicrous speed your target might not move at all on your screen.

and thats where movement speed (and turn speed) comes into play. thats why we run zig-zag and start to hop around when people fire at us, to get the maximum difference per frame out of our characters agility and force our opponent to move the mouse in the hope he/she over- or undershoots. and thats also why we realign our sights by strafing left right when we fire at highly mobile targets.

*at least in x-z relative to the attackers view direction, assuming that z is up

Last edited: Apr 3, 2016
  4. Ranger

Ranger Member

While I like aiming with ironsight, I believe they would not be effective as they would be pointless in empires due to the nature of the game. It is arcady yes. You can move left and right as fast as something that moves left and right really fast. Using ironsights to shoot such a target is not a good idea. I believe firing modes would be good only for balance. For example the BEAR could use a burst mode. I mean only burst mode and no full auto to nerf it at close range a bit.

5. Lazybum

Bear had that like every other version. I think part of the problem with burst firing in empires is it's handled a bit differently then other games, other games you fire a burst you shoot all 3 or 5 bullets, whatever it is. In empires it just limits how many bullets you can fire in a single mouse click, meaning you can still fire one at a time or however you want up to the burst limit.

Yeah I got that flasche, that's why I mention mouse sensitivity. When people do their little strafe dances if your sensitivity is lower you'll have an easier time keeping it on target, if it's higher you'll tend to go past the target as you shoot which is the current problem I have and I really need to fiddle with my settings... Still though in any case I don't see how going slower will help. Maybe it will make it easier to keep crosshairs on target if your simply strafing to aim but it also just makes you an easier target like you mention.

Going fast is always the best option.

6. Ranger

Ranger Member

Lazybum. I didn't say Empires currently supports burst fire mode. Code support is required, I'm aware of that. I just think burst fire for BEAR is a good thing because it makes it less of a laser.

7. Lazybum

I was saying it does support it, but it's not handled like in other games.

8. Ranger

Ranger Member

I meant I believe it should be like the other games. 1 click = 3 bullets. Not 1second-click = 3 bullets, 0.67 second = 2 bullets, 0.33 second = 1 bullet. example.