My POV of how to improve Empires gameplay... #1

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by chernobog, Mar 29, 2016.

1. chernobog

chernobog Member

Underlined: Oh please, you claim you're proponent of change then you write this... That's simply a paradox caused by these two claims.

Reasoned? Why? Isn't it obvious since you touted experience...?

I played these FPS:
    Quake 1, 2, 3 and Live
    Counter Strike 1.6 and Condition Zero
    Operation Flashpoint: Cold War Crisis and ARMA
    Battlefield 1942, Vietnam, 2 and 2142
    Deus Ex and DE:|nvisible War
    Doom 1 and 2
    Unreal, Tournament and 2004
    Rainbox Six(original)
    Medal Of Honor, Underground, Allied Assault and Pacific Assault
    Half Life, 2 and Episode 1
    Warsow(bunnyhopping is a must)
    Open Arena
    Return To Castle Wolfenstein and Enemy Territory
    Wolfenstein 3D
    Call Of Duty 1, 2 and Modern Warfare 2

I played these RTS:
    Homeworld and HW:Cataclysm
    Warzone 2100
    Ground Control(Original)
    Earth 2150
    Command & Conquer, Red Alert and Tiberian Sun/Dawn
    Dune 2000
    Soldiers Of Anarchy
    Starcraft and its expansion
    ...and more...

Gaming since 1998... ;)

I apologize for being who I am.

Don't worry since I didn't misunderstood you, I got what you were saying since it happened to me few times, maybe even in 2.2-2.3...

I really hope you weren't one of those commanders, it really pissed me off...

Look, to me it makes sense since there is a saying: Ne možeš imati ovce i novce eng:You can't have (both) sheep and money

If you want what you want then what I have proposed is solution, otherwise downgrade the weight of weapons if you want 2-3 slots weapons filling each slot.

You're right... Its just I am who I am. I tolerate, it depends if they tolerate who I am or they have double standards.

I am glad since you're obnoxious for a french.

2. LordDz_2

LordDz_2 Strange things happens here

Before this thread descends into a flamefest, I just wanted to give my opinions, gonna give 'em in the quote.
    Orange text is answers. Cuz orange color is cool.
    Your small saying "if the enemy has it your team can use it too", isn't fun gameplay. Kinda like adding awps to the scout, sure both teams can use them but for the people getting shot up, they're not gonna have fun.

Ikalx likes this.
  3. Ranger

Ranger Member

I like orange too.

4. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

I'm a rather slow person with no imagination, could you kindly tell me what would happen?

5. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

Apologies if you're not a native speaker of English. I just wanted to say that unfortunately, those two statements do not conflict with each other and do not create any sort of paradox. What he's saying is he advocates for change, but then he expands on that statement by saying not any particular kind of change, but one that is (assumed to be) informed and reasoned.

A contradiction would be something like this:
    "I'm not gay, but I would totally sleep with Ryan Reynolds."

Whereas flasche's meaning is more akin to:
    "I'm gay, but I don't want to sleep with any old tramp just because he's a guy."

Just to clarify, flasche says he is for change, just not something that appears to be uninformed and doesn't seem to have logical reasoning behind it, and appears to be suggested because other games which are somewhat similar but not highly similar to this one, have those features.

flasche, A-z-K and Xyaminou like this.
  6. A-z-K

A-z-K Member

Ikalx, please clarify: Does flasche want to sleep with Ryan Reynolds & am I an old tramp.

Neoony and Ikalx like this.
  7. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

only if he wears his deadpool outfit ...

A-z-K likes this.
  8. chernobog

chernobog Member

Flasche says he is for change, but his response simply shows that he isn't for change.

9. chernobog

chernobog Member

10. Lazybum

Bf4 has leaning? Oh right, it's that horrible context sensitive one that keeps screwing me over instead of an actual button. Why do you actually want to walk though? You still haven't given an answer. Pretty sure you couldn't walk in battlefield either, it's either casual run or sprint forever. I mean you could say walking splits the difference between firing while moving and standing still, there's an actual game play reason. You never said that though, so what's your reason?

Apc with no weapon is a bit cheaper, 5-10%~, and it does have more armor.

I don't know how you can say with a straight face that arty every game would be a good thing. I mean sure if commanders could restrict chassis type, but you'll also see commanders restrict it 0 because you really can't trust people, or the people you can trust with one you really want doing something else.

If you really believe that about weapon fire modes one could argue that not having it increases skill ceiling. I don't really see it though, it's not hard to do or get the hang of.

I don't see what logic has to do with rushing heavies, that's just simple choices to be made, and it's not a small one either. Mind you I'm not against it, making meds a prerequisite of heavies, but I would rather it be a cheap med, say with reduced weight or something, and you could either invest time into getting better meds because of economic win or there's just that many people and not enough res that makes meds super effective, or simply getting heavies which may or may not have the same improved and not improved version. Though personally I think the med and heavy dynamic just needs a bunch of tweaks in the first place, so what do I know?

He's right about not researching ml slots and mg slots on meds, for 2 good reasons. One is cannon is such a capable all rounder you don't really need the other things(though this isn't hard to change). The other is games are simply short, it's not hard to get to meds at like 16-18 minute mark or something if you are really on top of things. Meds are just a huge improvement over lights most of the time, especially with all the buffs to those hit scan anti tank mgs. If you really wanted that you would have to make it basically a passive research, like getting some machine gun type weapon unlocks the mg slot or ml type weapon unlocks ml slot. Sadly empires doesn't support multiple options to unlock the same thing. There's also the issue of just being able to do this without cluttering up the vf menu, each version would be it's own vehicle and now you would have up to 4 different types of lights. New research replacing old research could be a remedy, but then it's a case of how do people refit a tank at a repair pad that didn't have either slot before?

11. chernobog

chernobog Member

12. Lazybum

That was a mistake, I meant lights. The rest of that quote you didn't quote shows as much that it was meant to be light tank.

A bunch of games that have walking don't actually make it easier to aim, the usual reason is you can't go into aim down sights mode if you are running or to simply make you quieter. I guess in games with headbob there's less of that if you walk too, so you can't just say easier, you have to say easier how? I don't get the battlefield comment, there is no walking there. I guess normal movement speed counts as walking? It's no different then empires though, it's just our default movement speed is a bit faster.

Bf2 wasn't hard, what I said here applies there too.

It's not banter, it's expanding on an idea. Can't you grasp that?

13. Neoony

Neoony Member

The one and usually pretty much the only reason for walking in FPS games is, because people can hear your steps. With walking they cant, or its less noisy.
    In empires, thats ALMOST non existant. Steps are super quiet even when u are sprinting.

Just go ahead and bind +walk/-walk the same way I posted the script for toggleable crouch and try for yourself?

Just put this line by line into console, or whole into your autoexec.cfg
    alias walk_t "walkon"
    alias walkon "alias walk_t walkoff; +walk"
    alias walkoff "alias walk_t walkon; -walk"
    bind "ctrl" "walk_t"

And boom, you got a toggleable button for walking.
    Go and try it and come back and tell us how it helped you.

I really dont think it will help you aim any much, but it will most definitely reduce your survivability.

Empires is ALMOST arcade paced game.

Lets take CSGO as example, if you walk and shoot you are most definitely gonna die.
    It doesnt help you aim and it doesnt help you peek and get to cover either, it makes you easy target. If you think it does, you are doing it wrong.

(I barely read the thread btw)
    Quite a lot of emotions in this thread btw xD

Last edited: Apr 2, 2016
    flasche and A-z-K like this.
  14. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

something similar should work for crouch aswell ...

15. Neoony

Neoony Member

16. chernobog

chernobog Member

17. Neoony

Neoony Member

18. chernobog

chernobog Member

I apologize if I am annoying to you...

I'l be honest, you seem one of few individuals here which... Well... Seems decent as a individual like Azk and Tama.

The hint: When in iron sight mode in Battlefield 2 and recent 4, you are walking.

19. Lazybum

???????????????????????????????????????????????
    You do that when you use iron sights in empires too.

Your comment about aiming at each other longer makes little sense too, movement speed doesn't affect any of that.

Bf2 comment was about fire modes. Playing bf3 again recently I forgot how fast weapons fire, but empires doesn't have this problem, its weapons fire much slower then most of bf weapons. I don't think hmg and that machine pistol should have fire modes though, the 2 things that do fire fast.

What assumption? Why was my comment about lights wrong?

What do you mean by middle ground? It's just the way I view things, take or leave what you want and further expand with your ideas. That sounds like a middle ground to me, nothing I've said is concrete.

20. chernobog

chernobog Member